Newman calls for Brizzi to resign

Newman calls for Brizzi to resign

There are 7 comments on the Indianapolis Star story from Apr 22, 2010, titled Newman calls for Brizzi to resign. In it, Indianapolis Star reports that:

Former investigator in prosecutor's office is charged; predecessor says public confidence has been shaken Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi's predecessor and one-time mentor, Scott Newman, called on Brizzi to resign Wednesday, after the latest in a series of hits to the office's credibility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indianapolis Star.

Moe

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Apr 22, 2010
Another day in paradise for Brizzi and his band.
Lee

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Apr 24, 2010
Newman is a crook too!
Listen

United States

#3 Apr 27, 2010
Homosexuals are sinners.
Moe

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Apr 29, 2010
Newman and his pre-Brizzi crimes are finally being exposed.
John

Pryor, OK

#5 Apr 29, 2010
I'm trying to get caught up on my reading. One passage from Gary Welsh's Advance Indiana blog caught my eye:

"What really caught every one's attention in the gaming investigation was a subpoena Newman's office issued to Bob Grand as the managing partner of Barnes & Thornburg's Indianapolis office. Newman sought billing records for a client of the firm, which was part of the gaming company that was awarded the Lawrenceburg riverboat. Peter Rusthoven of Barnes & Thornburg represented the gaming client. I suspect his relationship was tied to the gaming company's William Cellini, the powerful Illinois political broker who engineered the awarding of the first riverboat license in Illinois for Argosy. Cellini is currently facing a public trial in Chicago this summer for public corruption charges, along with former Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
Jim

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Apr 30, 2010
Newman owes favors to that crook Tom John. Tom Tom has agreed to cover up his crimes.
Moe

Cincinnati, OH

#7 May 1, 2010
Moe wrote:
Another day in paradise for Brizzi and his band.
Another happy day!! The GOP is a snake that is eating its own tail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hamilton County judge dismisses 6 of 9 cases in... Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Excise officer arrested on suspicion of DWI (Oct '14) Oct '14 No Surprise 10
Hackers or Lawyers (Apr '14) Apr '14 Charges 3
News Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested on DUI charges (Mar '14) Mar '14 Money Talks In In... 6
News Sex charges fly in Menard-Hilbert legal battle (Jun '13) Nov '13 GAURD SHACK POST2 6
News How the Brizzi public-corruption case unraveled (Nov '13) Nov '13 ima hoosier 4
News Document reveals how bribery of former Marion C... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Moe 1
More from around the web