Hamilton Heights pupil takes gun to school

Hamilton County Sheriff Doug Carter has confirmed that a seventh-grade boy at Hamilton Heights Middle School took a gun to school Tuesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“God Bless America”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#66 Mar 1, 2008
HH Mom wrote:
Ya know YOU have NO idead what MY child has seen in her very short life!! She is well AWARE of GUNS and the dangers involved as well as the positives of having one!! Don't you dare judge me as a parent you wouldn't have a clue. You are talking about a girl who has seen more in her 12 years where guns are involved then you probably EVER HAVE!! My daughter is NOT SHELTERED and this is a CONVERSATION WE HAVE HAD!! Obviously you are a moron and you have nothing better to do then got on this and put good hard working MOTHERS down.. YOU GET A LIFE!!
You have now lost credibility when you started the name calling. You have very little knowledge of what a gun can do. Having been a LEO and a juvenile detective I have seen the results of over protective parents and the results of people using guns, regardless of age. Also under protective parents.

If you have had this conversation with your daughter then I applaud you. Have you ever considered expanding her education with a fire arms training class?
The NRA offers an excellent Eddie Eagle program , I believe, every child that is old enough should take. Would it not be a good idea for you daughter to be trained in the safe use of guns in the event she would ever have to use one? She may also be in a situation where someone need to know how to safely handle a gun and render it safe.

You said your daughter has been through "a lot" in her short twelve years. Maybe it is time you and she remove the "victim" card from her deck and start building her confidence. A martial arts class can be invaluable for instilling confidence.

I have two sons who grew up around guns. When they were around seven or eight they were taught how to respect the weapon and moved into actually shooting. Both are veterans, Army and Marines. They are also professionals at the very top of their professions.

Guns are not only manufactured for killing but make a very interesting hobby of collecting and competitive shooting. I am also a proponent of schools teaching gun safety.

One final point. A person can only be put down if they allow themselves to be. I am sorry you chose to make that allowance.
Yah

Cleveland, OH

#67 Mar 1, 2008
HH Mom wrote:
Ya know YOU have NO idead what MY child has seen in her very short life!! She is well AWARE of GUNS and the dangers involved as well as the positives of having one!! Don't you dare judge me as a parent you wouldn't have a clue. You are talking about a girl who has seen more in her 12 years where guns are involved then you probably EVER HAVE!! My daughter is NOT SHELTERED and this is a CONVERSATION WE HAVE HAD!! Obviously you are a moron and you have nothing better to do then got on this and put good hard working MOTHERS down.. YOU GET A LIFE!!
I agree... you need to sever the apron strings.
HLFUNOTHEANSWR

United States

#68 Mar 2, 2008
Amazing wrote:
I can't believe no racist comments from the undercover racist republican christians. That means the kids probably white!
Acutally the kid wasn't "white", or black and in HHSC it doesn't make a difference.
stupid ideas

Sellersburg, IN

#69 Mar 2, 2008
HLFUNOTHEANSWR wrote:
<quoted text>Acutally the kid wasn't "white", or black and in HHSC it doesn't make a difference.
O it makes a difference it has been all brushed under the rug bye HHSC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hamilton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Excise officer arrested on suspicion of DWI Oct '14 No Surprise 10
Hackers or Lawyers (Apr '14) Apr '14 Charges 3
Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested on DUI charges (Mar '14) Mar '14 Money Talks In In... 6
Sex charges fly in Menard-Hilbert legal battle (Jun '13) Nov '13 GAURD SHACK POST2 6
How the Brizzi public-corruption case unraveled (Nov '13) Nov '13 ima hoosier 4
Document reveals how bribery of former Marion C... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Moe 1
Grand Park will amp up tourism (Sep '13) Sep '13 Andy Crook -Mayor- 1
More from around the web