Guilford Commissioners, School System...

Guilford Commissioners, School System Disagree Over Funds

There are 13 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Apr 28, 2010, titled Guilford Commissioners, School System Disagree Over Funds. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

The Guilford County School Board is accusing county commissioners of not living up to their word and refusing funding for school projects, according to the Greensboro News & Record.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

Since: Jan 10

Lincolnshire, IL

#1 Apr 28, 2010
What genius writes these headlines? The county commissioners and school board ALWAYS disagree over funding. This is "news"? Here are equally suprising headlines for Fox8 to run....

"Sun Continues to Rise in East at Daybreak"
Skinny-dippers find Dry Clothes after Swim"
"Bicycles are "Two Tired" to Stand on their Own"
Gun Toter

Greensboro, NC

#2 Apr 28, 2010
34 bucks know wonder they are fighting that wouldnt even buy one class their free or reduced lunch
Kevin

Richmond, VA

#3 Apr 28, 2010
would the school board care to pay taxes for us then? because the only way you're going to keep your plush programs and retirement packages is if we pay even more of our salaries, at some point when the people who are paying you makes less money than you it's time to draw the line...
Kevin

Richmond, VA

#4 Apr 28, 2010
Blue Dog Dem wrote:
What genius writes these headlines? The county commissioners and school board ALWAYS disagree over funding. This is "news"? Here are equally suprising headlines for Fox8 to run....
"Sun Continues to Rise in East at Daybreak"
Skinny-dippers find Dry Clothes after Swim"
"Bicycles are "Two Tired" to Stand on their Own"
oh boo hoo go back to your cnn channel and listen to lies and quit trolling.
Kevin

Richmond, VA

#5 Apr 28, 2010
Maybe if schools would just teach the children not program them with agendas it would cost less to educate? just a thought..

Since: Jan 10

Lincolnshire, IL

#6 Apr 28, 2010
Kevin wrote:
Maybe if schools would just teach the children not program them with agendas it would cost less to educate? just a thought..
Absolutely! Actually teaching them the basics would go a long way towards better education for our kids (and more cost effective, too).

Sorry the puns didn't tickle your funny bone. Just having a little fun with the headlines.
ReGina Shipman

Nashville, TN

#7 Apr 28, 2010
What is the purpose of the NC Education Lottery if the school system is short on funds. What is that money used for.
iME

High Point, NC

#8 Apr 28, 2010
ReGina Shipman wrote:
What is the purpose of the NC Education Lottery if the school system is short on funds. What is that money used for.
Ask that Sorry Ass Governor of NC..Im sure she can tell you a lie
iME

High Point, NC

#9 Apr 28, 2010
Kevin wrote:
would the school board care to pay taxes for us then? because the only way you're going to keep your plush programs and retirement packages is if we pay even more of our salaries, at some point when the people who are paying you makes less money than you it's time to draw the line...
Im glad you feel like teachers get paid good and have "plush" retirement packages..most of them continue to work after retirement because they cant afford anything else
poorcounty

Greensboro, NC

#10 Apr 28, 2010
Why should we spend money on education?
Guilford County schools have the best
test scores anywhere,they are not over
crowded, and have excess supplies.
We need more parks and museums.
That's what our kids need.
blair

Kernersville, NC

#11 Apr 28, 2010
Perhaps Skip could take the money with him on his upcoming trip to Reno (being paid for by the taxpapers) and place a bet on the Hard 8 at the craps table. Either way...it's more debt for the taxpapers!
Gun Toter

Greensboro, NC

#12 Apr 28, 2010
ReGina Shipman wrote:
What is the purpose of the NC Education Lottery if the school system is short on funds. What is that money used for.
they just said they gave 110 million back to the school system divide that by a hundred counties and thats about 1.15 mill per county divide that even further for all the different districs not much left. The lottery was a supplement to the education fund but it has become the replacement for it. Blame your Reps not the lottery for robbing peter to pay mary
confused

Kernersville, NC

#13 Apr 28, 2010
the commissioner is questionable of turning over the money to the school board....yet isnt there a commissioner using tax payers dollars to go to reno....just saying....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NC shelter where 2,000 animals are unaccounted ... Feb '16 JANICE 2
News Man says he was wrongfully arrested, sues Boone Jan '16 Bob 1
News Guilford County animal shelter reopens after in... (Aug '15) Sep '15 axhole 2
News Guilford County speech teacher charged with sex... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Spotted Girl 1
News State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
News Guilford County Schools ice storm make up day p... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Carrie 1
News New Cone Health pediatric practice to target lo... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jackie 1
More from around the web