Guilford County Considering Changes t...

Guilford County Considering Changes to Animal Laws

There are 3 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Sep 16, 2010, titled Guilford County Considering Changes to Animal Laws. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Guilford County Commissioners are considering changes to animal ordinance laws during a meeting Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

Ken N

High Point, NC

#1 Sep 16, 2010
I am surprised at Mr. robinsons remark about ending nothing. We desperately need a law against prolonged tethering od animals. It is abuse and inhumane. Animals can become psychotic in solitary confinement as humans do. To tie a dog is cruel unless you will be there.
I guess people in this area don't believe in the love of mans best friend. It is surely a shame.
Forget about the hours of tethering. No animal control officer or deputy will give a damn about a dog that is tethered. It seems to be their mindset. I don' know if the officers don't give a damn or it comes from abov them. It just needs to stop.
tmg

AOL

#2 Sep 16, 2010
I think all counties should pass laws protected the animals more. I understand it would hurt breeders, however there are enough dogs, pure breds and mixed in shelters that breeding should be outlawed, at least until there are no animals in the shelters being killed every day. As for tethering, there should a time limit on how long a dog can be tied out. I have 5 dogs and I watch them very carefully, they go out for bathroom breaks and fresh air, and we are close by. this is a mean world today, can't trust anyone not even with your pets in their own yard.
john in high point

AOL

#3 Sep 17, 2010
We can't trust many owners either. The laws should be passed now not later. The abuse must end!
Exotic animal should not be allowed is my view. They should be in their own habitat. Harsh fines should be awarded and jail if and when appropriate. The humans that mistreat animals surely will do the same to a human. Quit delaying your game tactics commissioners and do your duty. If you listen to these shop owners you'll never pass a law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guilford County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Re... Sep '16 Lucy 2
News North Carolina lawmakers leave LGBT law largely... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Sneaky Pete 2
News NC shelter where 2,000 animals are unaccounted ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 2
News Man says he was wrongfully arrested, sues Boone (Jan '16) Jan '16 Bob 1
News Guilford County animal shelter reopens after in... (Aug '15) Sep '15 axhole 2
News Guilford County speech teacher charged with sex... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Spotted Girl 1
News State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
More from around the web