Committee Seeks to Restrict Dog Tethering in Guilford County

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 32
After a dog was found abused earlier this week, a committee in Guilford County is looking to create a city ordinance that would restrict the use tethering. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
De LaFreniere

Toronto, Canada

#22 Sep 12, 2010
Anyone who would do this to a dog or any animal needs to be prosecuted for animal abuse!!!
HighPointMan

High Point, NC

#23 Sep 13, 2010
Not allowing a dog to be chained outside is not going to solve neglect problems. I've known dogs that were loved to death and on a chain. I've also known dogs to have the skin grow over the chain that was too tight around their neck. This laws is for those folks.

Now what are we going to do about people who crate their animals 8-10hrs a day while they are out? Then punishes them for going to the bathroom. My neighbor crates their dog in the garage without a/c or heat, now how inhuman is that?

But I guess as long as they are not on a chain!
Dickie Dogwalker

Greensboro, NC

#24 Sep 15, 2010
I love how people are frothing with outrage over their tax dollars being spent to save this dog and then in literally the same sentence they're telling me that *my* tax dollars should go to pay for their children's well-being and education.

I like dogs. I don't like children. And I paid my own way through college.

It's always easier to spend someone else's money when it's on your *heh* pet project, isn't it...
osprey

Greensboro, NC

#25 Sep 15, 2010
keepin it real wrote:
So who is paying for this dog's thousands of dollars worth of surgery? Hopefully not my tax dollars. If my dog, who by the way lives outside all the time and loves it, were to be seriously injured in some way, my vet would recommend he be euthanized. This is getting to the ridiculous stage with all the regulations they want to put on pet ownership. I wish they would put that much energy into educating and caring for our children.
if your dog doesn't mean that much to you, that's your choice, as long as you treat it humanely. "All the regulations" apparently are needed, considering the dirtbags who can't care for animals properly. As for putting "energy into education and caring for our children," the taxpayers have thrown beaucoup money into both and YOUR kids are still spoiled little snots. Whose responsibility do you think child education and care is, anyway?

Typical entitlement mentality. These regulations are to POLICE those who are too sorry to do the right thing, not spend money to fixee-fixee makee all better with loving kumbayah campfire songs in the schoolhouse.
osprey

Greensboro, NC

#26 Sep 15, 2010
JOLENE wrote:
<quoted text>
do you have small or large dogs?? that makes a difference in leaving a dog inside all day and do you work?? can't imagine leaving my lab indoors all day from 7:30 til 5:30- he is much happier outside where he can play and be in fresh air.
my baby is well loved and taken care of. and when we get home my kids love playing outdoors with him. please don't judge others without knowing them.
jolene, if everyone cared for their animals properly we wouldn't need these regulations, and we could spend the money on other things (or better yet, not get taxed as much!) Putting up an enclosure - even a small pen - doesn't cost that much, if you want to keep your dog outside. you can find ready-made dog runs at home depot, for heaven's sake.

it's an anti-TETHERING ordinance, not anti-outdoor ordinance. good grief.
osprey

Greensboro, NC

#27 Sep 15, 2010
Here We Go wrote:
<quoted text>Co-Sign! Finally somebody on here with some g.d. sense! We don't go around abusing dogs or any animals. In fact we love and take care of out pets. I can't stress that point enough. But this business that my damn pet comes before me or my human family is something that comes out the end of a bull. Just because I don't want to marry my dog, these people on here go ballistic!
enjoying your lobotomy?
oh yea

Lexington, NC

#28 Sep 15, 2010
JUST DO IT !!!
Carlita

Dallas, TX

#29 Sep 16, 2010
@ youhaventaclue
Youhaventaclue wrote:
For those of you who believe everything you see on the news, here's one for you.... I know from proof that this dog was not even tethered when it was found. The story that is being told is not true. He is not a "lab mix" he's a pit bull mix, but the shelter doesn't deal with pits, so they have to call him something other than what he is. If you people even knew half of the truth, you wouldn't be so condescending, Yes it's horrible what has happened to him, but what is being told is not the whole truth.
actually he looks more a great dane mix but SO WHAT? he may be pittie mix but sounds like if he WERE a pittie, you would have NO problem keeping him on the tether or locked in some room to starve...is that the point you are trying to make dear?
Carlita

Dallas, TX

#30 Sep 16, 2010
been doing research and here's EXACTLY where are tax dollars go for animals:
"Examples of Animal Experiments Funded by Tax-payers

To study the results of head trauma, primates were strapped into machinery to receive high-impact blows to the head. A videocamera captured footage of vivisectionists taunting the injured animals, who were left with severe brain damage.(University of Pennsylvania)

To examine severe burns on live tissue, restrained pigs were burned alive with a flamethrower until their charred flesh could be removed in large pieces.(U.S. Army)

To measure injury recovery, vivisectionists strapped dogs down and cut apart the skin on their knees, leaving flaps. At the end of the study, all of the dogs were killed.(Uniformed Services University-Department of Defense)

To demonstrate that the eye's protein levels are the same in sight deprived monkeys compared to normal ones, animal experimenters sewed the monkeys' eyelids shut.(Emory University, NIH project P51 RROO165-38)

ANY QUESTIONS?

Read More: http://www.lcanimal.org/cmpgn/cmpgn_016.htm#i...
Last Chance for Animals (LCA)
Help support LCA! Last Chance for Animals
Carlita

Dallas, TX

#31 Sep 16, 2010
ok just donated to the GCAS with instructions that it be for Chamberlin :-)
well said

Sebring, FL

#32 Sep 19, 2010
Youhaventaclue wrote:
For those of you who believe everything you see on the news, here's one for you.... I know from proof that this dog was not even tethered when it was found. The story that is being told is not true. He is not a "lab mix" he's a pit bull mix, but the shelter doesn't deal with pits, so they have to call him something other than what he is. If you people even knew half of the truth, you wouldn't be so condescending, Yes it's horrible what has happened to him, but what is being told is not the whole truth.
I want yo to know that im on your side.
report it

Sebring, FL

#33 Sep 19, 2010
HighPointMan wrote:
Not allowing a dog to be chained outside is not going to solve neglect problems. I've known dogs that were loved to death and on a chain. I've also known dogs to have the skin grow over the chain that was too tight around their neck. This laws is for those folks.
Now what are we going to do about people who crate their animals 8-10hrs a day while they are out? Then punishes them for going to the bathroom. My neighbor crates their dog in the garage without a/c or heat, now how inhuman is that?
But I guess as long as they are not on a chain!
And that is also inhumane and YOU can report your neighbor and HIGH POINT ANIMAL CONTROL WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IOT. Thats like the idiots leaving their animals in a locked up car with no air...etc...so be a good citizen and if you see a dog locked up like that with no air or heat depending on what they need then REPORT IT dont be a chicken the same goes for if the dummy you see has a dog in the car when they want to go shopping...thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
Guilford County Schools ice storm make up day p... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Carrie 1
New Cone Health pediatric practice to target lo... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jackie 1
High Point mayor indicted on felony charge (Nov '13) Nov '13 R Clear 5
Dog Adoption & Humane Awards At Governor's Mansion (Nov '13) Nov '13 daphne thomas 1
Vaccine Company, Chooses Guilford for $7.6 Mill... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Les 1
Woman charged in murder of convenience store owner (Aug '13) Aug '13 shelia easron 1

Guilford County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE