80-Foot Chunk of Cement Falls from High Point Building

Oct 23, 2009 Full story: WGHP 9

An approximately 80-foot length of a cement roof cap fell to the sidewalk from a building on East Russell Ave.

Full Story
GWB

Kernersville, NC

#1 Oct 24, 2009
High Point is decaying. There will be more buildings falling apart. Drive anywhere and all you see are vacant buildings that are becoming eyesores. The City harasses people about their homes being in bad shape. How about the rest of the buildings in High Point? Pitiful High Point!

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#2 Oct 25, 2009
GWB wrote:
High Point is decaying. There will be more buildings falling apart. Drive anywhere and all you see are vacant buildings that are becoming eyesores. The City harasses people about their homes being in bad shape. How about the rest of the buildings in High Point? Pitiful High Point!
And rapes occur daily in your town. We wish the rich snobs would stay out of our town. Rich snob trash from Archdale, Winston, and Thomasville are trying to take over our community and cut off the locals from getting involved. Our town would be much better if these out of town rich snob trash would leave us alone.
Average Joe

High Point, NC

#3 Nov 7, 2009
GWB wrote:
While that is true, this particular building was in the midst of being remodled. They were removing the outer brick wall to replace it and what was still attached fell off where the work crew had dislodged it's support.
Average Joe

High Point, NC

#4 Nov 7, 2009
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
And rapes occur daily in your town. We wish the rich snobs would stay out of our town. Rich snob trash from Archdale, Winston, and Thomasville are trying to take over our community and cut off the locals from getting involved. Our town would be much better if these out of town rich snob trash would leave us alone.
Ummm....what does this have to do with the topic? Are you saying you don't want people to spend money in HP so it will continue to decay?
Dave

High Point, NC

#5 Nov 7, 2009
Dear Purple Gurl.

What does rapes that occured with a 80 ft piece of concrete falling from a building? Im probably the rich snob trash your talking about but since im from Greensboro where the rest of your kin be stayin I guess im ok right?...I pay my taxes so you can get free food, electricity, etc from the taxpayers, and laugh about it. I know High Point would be a better place if the trash was removed. Maybe if the government would do the following we would weed out the wrong.
1. If you want any kind of free stuff, take a drug test
2. If you want free food, work!
3. If you want free things for all the children, stop having them if you cant afford them. Its called condoms. They be giving them to po folks at the helf dept

Plum, Purplonia

#6 Nov 7, 2009
Average Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm....what does this have to do with the topic? Are you saying you don't want people to spend money in HP so it will continue to decay?
It doesn't have to have a damn thing to do with the topic. Read the TOS, Topix has no rules about talking off-topic, but it does have rules against harassment.

If you are going to trash High Point, then you had better either live in High Point or live where it is perfect. You live in rape city and you are telling us that our city is falling apart? Yours has already fell apart.

Sure, spend all the money you want here, but don't tell us how to run it. If you do not live in High Point, then you have NO ethical right to try to run our community, take over, nor run for OUR political offices. I live in the West End district and we have a problem with people from Winston-Salem, Archedale, Thomasville, Trinity, and Greensboro trying to take over, destroy our culture, and tell us what to do. I am not allowed to go to any of the main churches in West End because of the rich, white, snobs who put their places of worship in our midst to divide and change us, yet we are not allowed to be members, and if by chance we kiss enough ass to be members, it will be a cold day in Hell we can be leaders of such churches in OUR own community.

Plum, Purplonia

#7 Nov 7, 2009
Dave wrote:
Dear Purple Gurl.
What does rapes that occured with a 80 ft piece of concrete falling from a building? Im probably the rich snob trash your talking about but since im from Greensboro where the rest of your kin be stayin I guess im ok right?...I pay my taxes so you can get free food, electricity, etc from the taxpayers, and laugh about it. I know High Point would be a better place if the trash was removed. Maybe if the government would do the following we would weed out the wrong.
1. If you want any kind of free stuff, take a drug test
2. If you want free food, work!
3. If you want free things for all the children, stop having them if you cant afford them. Its called condoms. They be giving them to po folks at the helf dept
I never said it did. However, I was replying to GWB, not YOU. GWB was trashing High Point while living in Winston-Salem, thus impeaching his credibility to talk about High Point. He is just a Monday morning quarterback who knows nothing about the game and talks as if he was there.

And I don't want anything free, thank you. I don't want any more government benefits nor their control. Yet the poster I replied to seems to think that OUTSIDERS have a right to criticize or control OUR community. We have folks like the former Mayor Judy Mendenhall, Councilman Bencini, and others who care more about the appearance and controlling people around here than they do the level of crime and our community itself. They are after control and forcing THEIR values down our throats. They are middle to upper class while the citizens are lower to middle class, and we are not being represented by our own people who share our values, but by snobs who feel sorry for us and look down on us, who see us a fixup projects, and use that as an excuse to force their overly strong egos on us. Why can't they get out of our ways and let us sink or swim?

The same with the stupid federal bailouts. GM needed to fail so it would get rid of the union problems and failed practices, but Obama bailed them out and rewarded their stupidity and irresponsibility, this encouraging more of the same.
Dave

High Point, NC

#8 Nov 7, 2009
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't have to have a damn thing to do with the topic. Read the TOS, Topix has no rules about talking off-topic, but it does have rules against harassment.
If you are going to trash High Point, then you had better either live in High Point or live where it is perfect. You live in rape city and you are telling us that our city is falling apart? Yours has already fell apart.
Sure, spend all the money you want here, but don't tell us how to run it. If you do not live in High Point, then you have NO ethical right to try to run our community, take over, nor run for OUR political offices. I live in the West End district and we have a problem with people from Winston-Salem, Archedale, Thomasville, Trinity, and Greensboro trying to take over, destroy our culture, and tell us what to do. I am not allowed to go to any of the main churches in West End because of the rich, white, snobs who put their places of worship in our midst to divide and change us, yet we are not allowed to be members, and if by chance we kiss enough ass to be members, it will be a cold day in Hell we can be leaders of such churches in OUR own community.
Ethical? Harassment?...Im African American, and free to go to any churches that I want. How is the whites keeping you from going to church? Maybe if you became more friendly and less racist, yes racist, because of white people attempting to serve their GOD in places of worship that infridges on your boundaries, im sorry your hoods. Thats the problem with our people, OUR PEOPLE, which complain about white people being racist. We have our groups, NAACP, and others that all in all are suppose to be against racisism but if the white people gather to do the same thing. They are labeled as racists. Everyone needs to be as one and treat each other with respect. Im sorry brothers and sisters, the white people of today, is not the slave owners from the past. We need to stop being like we are and strive to be americans. Not African americans, or mexican americans or asian american etc. Stop blaming white people and do something about the problem then complaining.
MEE

Yadkinville, NC

#9 Nov 9, 2009
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to agree that this post had nothing to do with the topic. However, since you mentioned it. Where did you get the data that rapes occur daily? Please post your source. I was under the assumption that there were 365 days in the year, so according to your post there would have to be 365+ rapes that occurred in High Point in a years time???? According to www.city-data.com where you can look up crime rates for almost any city in the country there were 13 rapes in High Point in 2007 and that was the highest for several years, average was 8-9 per year. I'm sure you could contact the city to confirm this. So, if you post it is good to stick with facts. Spewing hatred and lies doesn't solve anything. And by all means, if you are aware of what by your posting would have to be over 352 unreported rapes maybe you should do the right thing and report these people to the authorities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guilford County voters have problems with machines Nov '14 Time to crack down 1
State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
Guilford County Schools ice storm make up day p... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Carrie 1
New Cone Health pediatric practice to target lo... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jackie 1
High Point mayor indicted on felony charge (Nov '13) Nov '13 R Clear 5
Dog Adoption & Humane Awards At Governor's Mansion (Nov '13) Nov '13 daphne thomas 1
Vaccine Company, Chooses Guilford for $7.6 Mill... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Les 1
More from around the web