10 Charged in Series of Home Break-Ins

10 Charged in Series of Home Break-Ins

There are 30 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Dec 30, 2009, titled 10 Charged in Series of Home Break-Ins. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Authorities in Greensboro, Burlington and Guilford County have charged 10 people with more than 50 counts related to a series of residential break-ins and thefts over the past six months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
robbie

Burlington, NC

#1 Dec 30, 2009
lock up up and throw away the key
Home owner

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 30, 2009
Thank you law enforcemnt.
Nice work
blackmaleinthebo ro

Greensboro, NC

#3 Dec 30, 2009
Line them all up along Wendover holding signs We steal because we are too lazy to find work or go to college.
Fed up with it

Shreveport, LA

#4 Dec 30, 2009
Cut off one of their hands, and I'll guarantee they will not steal but one more time if at all. Most of these low lifes will end up on probation and maybe one of them will straighten up and live a productive life. The rest well, we will read about them from time to time on here where they have committed other crimes. Whats wrong with an eye for eye, let the people who they stole from carry out the punishment.
xxxout

Yadkinville, NC

#5 Dec 30, 2009
Give them 10 years on making little ones out of big ones 12 hours a day 6 days a week, then add 5 years of rehab, education or whatever.
common sense

Greensboro, NC

#6 Dec 30, 2009
too bad their mothers didn't have abortions
Choad

United States

#7 Dec 30, 2009
Coloreds everywhere. Vote Huckabee!
Wills

Mount Airy, NC

#8 Dec 30, 2009
Oh man, I'm laughing, I know, I know, just don't kill the messenger: that one guy, Shakela Dijon, heh, can you imagine being named after a French province and condiment?

Um yeah, my name is William Mustard smith. No wait! I'm Willy Ketchup smith or William Hollandaise smith. Wait wait! I'm Rilly Soy Sauce smith.

Seriously, mom, did you think that name would look good at the top of a resume addressed to a Fortune 500 co.? Can you imagine that corporate recruiter with a masters in human resource mgmt attempting to make a call back to set up the first of 4 or 5 interviews? "Yes, hello, may I speak to, um,'Shake-lah?', er,'Shack-eh-lah?','Shaw-kill- ah?','Shay-kee-lay?. C'mon now, this isn't West Africa.

When my Scotch/Irish and Welsh ancestors came over here, one side I might add was SHIPPED over here, against their will as indentured servants, they Anglicized their names.

It's one thing to set up your own sub-culture within the greater American culture, but consider this: English is the international language of commerce worldwide. Every commercial airline pilot speaks English, therefore, if you want to call little Shack-lah Mustard that at home, at your church, at your friends and neighbors' houses, that's fine. But how about "Sam" out in the real world.

Isn't that right, friends of Twan, rhymes with plan.
Silence DoGood

Durham, NC

#9 Dec 30, 2009
A good mix here both male and female losers to sorry to work or go to school. I hope they get the maximum charge and penalty the law provides, I am just waiting to see the other like minded people come to their defense on what great teens and young adults and how they just were making a wrong one time choice. I commend the police for their work on solving the case and breaking up the ring, hopefully the two at large folks will be caught, it would be nice if there could be a $25,000 bounty offered, there own buddies would probably bring them in.
blacklicious _ LOL

Kernersville, NC

#10 Dec 30, 2009
Wills wrote:
Oh man, I'm laughing, I know, I know, just don't kill the messenger: that one guy, Shakela Dijon, heh, can you imagine being named after a French province and condiment?
Um yeah, my name is William Mustard smith. No wait! I'm Willy Ketchup smith or William Hollandaise smith. Wait wait! I'm Rilly Soy Sauce smith.
Seriously, mom, did you think that name would look good at the top of a resume addressed to a Fortune 500 co.? Can you imagine that corporate recruiter with a masters in human resource mgmt attempting to make a call back to set up the first of 4 or 5 interviews? "Yes, hello, may I speak to, um,'Shake-lah?', er,'Shack-eh-lah?','Shaw-kill- ah?','Shay-kee-lay?. C'mon now, this isn't West Africa.
When my Scotch/Irish and Welsh ancestors came over here, one side I might add was SHIPPED over here, against their will as indentured servants, they Anglicized their names.
It's one thing to set up your own sub-culture within the greater American culture, but consider this: English is the international language of commerce worldwide. Every commercial airline pilot speaks English, therefore, if you want to call little Shack-lah Mustard that at home, at your church, at your friends and neighbors' houses, that's fine. But how about "Sam" out in the real world.
OMG THAT IS SO SADD EVERYWHERE YOU GO U R SURE TO FIND SOMETHING THATS RACIST BUT ARE THE BLACKS ON HERE TALKING ABOUT ALL THE LIL WHITE KIDS THAT GO MISSING AND ALL THE CHILD PREDATORS AND RAPIST DOING WHAT THEY DO No! SO SAD
Silence DoGood

Durham, NC

#11 Dec 30, 2009
Fed up with it wrote:
Cut off one of their hands, and I'll guarantee they will not steal but one more time if at all. Most of these low lifes will end up on probation and maybe one of them will straighten up and live a productive life. The rest well, we will read about them from time to time on here where they have committed other crimes. Whats wrong with an eye for eye, let the people who they stole from carry out the punishment.
If we cut off their hand then they will qualify for disability, I like the one posters idea of hard labor, you can work your butt off and be locked up, and have nothing, or you can get out, make an honest living and make something of yourself. I would also be in favor of each time you get caught the sentence gets longer and the labor gets tougher and more difficult. An example would be first offense repair our roads on a road crew any money generated goes to repay the victims of their crimes, second offense hazardous chemicals and toxic waste handling, third offense service for military finding defective bombs, grenades, and mines.
Bluefish

Greensboro, NC

#12 Dec 30, 2009
Save a few bucks,, Shoot them in the street and let their fellow theives see what will happen to them when they steal.

O you go to jail and the people who had things stolen are out of their items. What gives Mr Judge who demands so much respect from the public while you let these people walk.
jjj

United States

#13 Dec 30, 2009
black males ???? i would have never guessed.
jlk

United States

#14 Dec 30, 2009
I challenge Fox8 to keep us updated on what kind of sentence,if any,these thugs get. If the media exposes the slap on the hand sentences that judges hand out, then maybe they would do more to keep criminals with other criminals, not with law abiding citizens that work hard for what they have. People know the consequences for their actions, so don't make excuses for them. Lock 'em up and tell me about it Fox8 , cause i want to know.
CallsItLikeISees It

Greensboro, NC

#15 Dec 30, 2009
It is my experience that the judges are only doing what the District Attorney's Office asks for. Most of the time cases are plead down to lesser offenses or sentences run concurrent instead of consecutive. Its not just the judges, its the legal system as a whole that often fails to put away these offenders. The court system just does not have time to prosecute all of the defendants that are charged.
concerned

Lexington, NC

#16 Dec 30, 2009
their probably also responsible for many of the breakins in winston salem this past summer. The breakins have slowed alot but when they return KAPOW HOPE IT WAS WORTH IT A HOLES!!!!! Your momma & Poppa must be real proud of the thieve's that they labored so hard for. Put some of that energy into an education and earn something for yourselve's instead of stealing what others work so hard for. worthless scum.
INNOCENTTILPROVE NGUILTY

Asheboro, NC

#17 Dec 30, 2009
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you." (Matthew 7:1-2)
Tom usb

High Point, NC

#18 Dec 30, 2009
More black trash. IMAGINE THAT.
tiredofliberals

East Bend, NC

#19 Dec 30, 2009
Wills wrote:
Okay, Wills, now I won't be able to get to sleep for laughing about your post. Hilarious, but sadly so true. I've taught a Lavaughneyia, a Tokeyo, a Master, a Tasbar, and..well, you get the picture. BUT, I've NEVER taught a Mustard or a Ketchup. Not even a Grandma's Molasses. You made some very valid suggestions for parents of new babies everywhere. Great post.
Mary

High Point, NC

#20 Dec 30, 2009
hey Sticky Fingers!-You know what, if you can't pay for something yourself, your mommy and daddy can't buy it for you, and if it wasn't given to you as a "gift", then guess what?-YOU DON'T NEED IT! You think that by taking something that don't belong to you that you're getting by without having to pay for it, but, when you get caught, you pay! Maybe not with money, but you pay with your life; as you will probably get jail time and you'll get locked away and your freedoms will be taken from YOU! Is it really worth it??? I think not! To me, there is nothing worth going to jail for. Hope ya'll learn a lesson, but for the majority of ya'll, this is a joke, and you'd probably be out stealing more had you not got caught!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guilford County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Re... (Sep '16) May '17 Gigi 3
News North Carolina lawmakers leave LGBT law largely... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Sneaky Pete 2
News NC shelter where 2,000 animals are unaccounted ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 2
News Man says he was wrongfully arrested, sues Boone (Jan '16) Jan '16 Bob 1
News Guilford County animal shelter reopens after in... (Aug '15) Sep '15 axhole 2
News Guilford County speech teacher charged with sex... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Spotted Girl 1
News State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
More from around the web