Board of Commissioners Ask Judge to D...

Board of Commissioners Ask Judge to Drop Hotel Lawsuit

There are 7 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Mar 3, 2010, titled Board of Commissioners Ask Judge to Drop Hotel Lawsuit. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

The Guilford County Board of Commissioners is joining attorneys in asking a judge to drop a controversial lawsuit involving a hotel in downtown Greensboro.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

Bobberpopper

Reidsville, NC

#1 Mar 3, 2010
Just one question should it really matter how many owners are black? I mean sure it would if you a racest like Skip. But the real question is why was he aloud to influence the city ?
Common Sense

Raleigh, NC

#2 Mar 3, 2010
The reason for a 51% minority interest is to get the bonds and better financing. If Weaver and Quaintance believe that the hotel is not viable in the market and that the "owners" will default on the bonds then they just need to have their money ready to but the place when it defaults. If you look at the logistics of it though the carrying charges and all required to just pay for the bonds and any taxes would have to exceed $5 million a year.
lsb

Thomasville, NC

#3 Mar 3, 2010
Thank you God for allowing me to live in this great country.. And thank you for not having me set up my life in the corrupt and racist hole called greensboro you can get away with anything at long as your a person of color,, this is true and everyone knows it! No one should get special treatment man or women no matter their color.. I wish greensboro luck in cleaning up their huge mess!!
Concerned

Greensboro, NC

#4 Mar 3, 2010
Why on earth would the County Comissioners ask such a thing? Other than the obvious
Concerned GSO Native

Burlington, NC

#5 Mar 3, 2010
When are you going to get this jerk out of our government??
Capricorn7NC

Greensboro, NC

#6 Mar 3, 2010
The County Commissioners are predominately white and the reason they are wanting to remove the lawsuit is because no monies have been approved for the project. The only thing that has been approved is exploring the ways that the monies can be approved for the project. Q & W jumped the gun when nothing is set in stone yet. Q & W are afraid of the competition it would bring to them because it will be located in the center of the city and will take customers away that normally would go to Proximity and O'Henry.
Jack

High Point, NC

#7 Mar 4, 2010
Not afraid of taking customers away, but its government shouldn't meddle in business affairs. They are going to give money to build a hotel to compete with private businesses. If they are to do this with one business why not give all of them help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man says he was wrongfully arrested, sues Boone Jan 14 Bob 1
News Guilford County animal shelter reopens after in... Sep '15 axhole 2
News Guilford County speech teacher charged with sex... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Spotted Girl 1
News State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
News Guilford County Schools ice storm make up day p... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Carrie 1
News New Cone Health pediatric practice to target lo... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jackie 1
News High Point mayor indicted on felony charge (Nov '13) Nov '13 R Clear 5
More from around the web