Firefighter, Wife Injured in Motorcycle Accident

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP

A Guil-Rand volunteer firefighter and his wife were seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in Laurinburg while driving home from the Pink Heals Tour.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
DANNY

Secaucus, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

MANY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO THIS FAMILY! MAY GOD BE WITH YOU DURING YOUR HEALING TIME!
MissMommie

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

My thoughts and prayers are with Heather and Darren. I know this couple personally , they are strong people and will fight to recover.

Since: Jun 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

When are car drivers going to start paying attention to motorcyclists? My sympathies are with the victims in this incident. But people need to pay more attention! If insurance companies would double the insurance rates of drivers at fault in these situations, I bet people would start paying attention.
CJ Student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

the results of yet another inatentive driver. let me guess, the car driver "didnt see them". what a crock of BS. i hope the riders make a full recovery.
Darryl Strawberry

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

prayers go out to them for strength and peace in their recovery.
z-force

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

This is one too many motorcycle accidents in the past 6 months!

We all know that the economy and the concern over the environment has forced many people to drive smaller vehicles, ride bicycles, and walk!

Let's all be more attentive!
Karen I Trinity

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

We also personally know the couple. It will take time to heal from the injuries but they are strong people and will make it. We will be thinking about them and their families during this healing process.
steve in high point

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

To the driver that did the u-turn. You just cant fix stupid.
I am a rider and have had several close calls. People are putting on make up, on phones and the worst I saw was a woman driving and trying to read a book.
I have had a few tender words for a few. LOL

Hope my fellow riders get well soon.
Janet

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

We don't understand why God allows bad things to happen to good people who are helping others, but we know He has a reason. I don't know them personally to know whether or not they are Christians but, if not, the reason could be to bring them to Him. I*f they are, it could be to draw them closer to Him or to use their testimony through this situation to bring others to accept God. Whatever the reason, it has happened. I will be praying for a quick recovery for them both.
Anita from Thomasville

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

My prayers are with you all..my mother was killed in a Motorcycle accident there at guil-rand on 311.. I wish you a speedy recovery
SBS

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

What an unfortunate situation to a very loving and helpful couple. Having no medical insurance my prayers and heart goes out to them. Know that many prayers are with you and God will take care of you.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Judged:

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Come on people, pay attention to EVERYONE on the road, not just cars.
Debbie Gordon

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Judged:

Our prayers are with Heather and Darren. She is such a sweet gal and we have known her and her family for years. Always helping others. Best of luck in your recovery.
Debbie Gordon
tnt

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

We have a motorcycle but are kind of afraid to ride together for the very reason
that people do not pay attention and are in such a hurry that they cant even take
a second glance to make sure it is clear before they pull out or whatever movement they are taking.
Shari and Curt

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Our prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Guilford County Discussions

Search the Guilford County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks Jul 7 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
Guilford County Schools ice storm make up day p... Mar '14 Carrie 1
New Cone Health pediatric practice to target lo... Jan '14 Jackie 1
High Point mayor indicted on felony charge (Nov '13) Nov '13 R Clear 5
Dog Adoption & Humane Awards At Governor's Mansion (Nov '13) Nov '13 daphne thomas 1
Vaccine Company, Chooses Guilford for $7.6 Mill... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Les 1
Woman charged in murder of convenience store owner (Aug '13) Aug '13 shelia easron 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••