Wadsworth Wins Primary for Guilford C...

Wadsworth Wins Primary for Guilford Co. Sheriff

There are 14 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jun 23, 2010, titled Wadsworth Wins Primary for Guilford Co. Sheriff. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Democratic voters chose Phil Wadsworth over C.B. Goins in the primary runoff Tuesday to decide who will compete against incumbent Sheriff BJ Barnes in November.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

MiMi

AOL

#1 Jun 23, 2010
Guilford County needs a change....and I hope that people will get out and vote for Mr. Wadsworth....Sheriff Barnes has held the seat too long....and the county is hurting due to this...NO ONE NEEDS TO CLAIM THE SEAT FOR THIS LONG....GUILFORD COUNTY needs new faces and new ideas....GUILFORD COUNTY NEEDS SOMEONE WHO WILL WORK FOR THE PEOPLE AND AT LEAST TALK TO THEM ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON....have you tried to talk to Sheriff Barnes? Well....if you have...I am quite surprised...as there has been a lot of "STUFF" swept right under the rug....and this is NOT RIGHT...each and every person should be held responsible and accountable for what happens....but this it NOT THE CASE NOW...
Hit Man

Angier, NC

#2 Jun 23, 2010
I really don't think Phil Wadsworth has the mental capacity to be sheriff of Mayberry, much less Guilford Country!!!!
MiMi

AOL

#3 Jun 23, 2010
Hit Man wrote:
I really don't think Phil Wadsworth has the mental capacity to be sheriff of Mayberry, much less Guilford Country!!!!
You might be quite surprised....at what a new person might do...if given the chance.
I bet you would be quite surprised about how some things have been swept right under the rug by the present sheriff's office and employees....as I have shared some things before and people actually called me a liar for saying them...the public does not have
the truth about a lot of things which are allowed to happen...and afterall...there is no one but the council members to go to...and what exactly do you think they are capable of doing? Not much help there either...
John

AOL

#4 Jun 23, 2010
BJ has no worries. He has done a fantastic job since becoming sheriff!
Linda Strader

Kernersville, NC

#5 Jun 24, 2010
Great man, very honest and hardworking! Good luck Phil.
honorable

Greensboro, NC

#6 Jun 24, 2010
BJ does well...he has my support.
HitMan

Angier, NC

#7 Jun 24, 2010
John wrote:
BJ has no worries. He has done a fantastic job since becoming sheriff!
Agreed!
bluesent

High Point, NC

#8 Jun 24, 2010
MiMi wrote:
Guilford County needs a CHANGE....and I HOPE that people will get out and vote for Mr. Wadsworth....Sheriff Barnes has held the seat too long....and the county is hurting due to this...NO ONE NEEDS TO CLAIM THE SEAT FOR THIS LONG....GUILFORD COUNTY needs new faces and new ideas....GUILFORD COUNTY NEEDS SOMEONE WHO WILL WORK FOR THE PEOPLE AND AT LEAST TALK TO THEM ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON....have you tried to talk to Sheriff Barnes? Well....if you have...I am quite surprised...as there has been a lot of "STUFF" swept right under the rug....and this is NOT RIGHT...each and every person should be held responsible and accountable for what happens....but this it NOT THE CASE NOW...
The first sentence should make everyones red flag go up. Lets not forget what CHANGE and HOPE got us in 2008!

Barnes has done an outstanding job as sheriff of Guilford County.
no support 4 soldiers

UK

#9 Jun 24, 2010
I am fighting in the war in afghanistan and BJ barnes still denied me a permit to buy a handgun because of a Harrasing phone call chrage from years ago that i have payed my debt to society all ready. I also had my wife go to sheriffs depeartment to get a premit after id left back for Afghanistan and B.J. denied my wife a handgun for a traffic offense from 4 years ago. while im not home she needs a weapon to defend her self and our childern.
Thanks BJ i hope u never get elected again. Dirt BAG
Jjp

Mount Airy, NC

#10 Jun 26, 2010
Bj will keep his seat.. The man is a political icon. Let's all just thank the lord that nut c.b goins has no chance now
honorable

Greensboro, NC

#11 Jun 29, 2010
bluesent wrote:
<quoted text>
The first sentence should make everyones red flag go up. Lets not forget what CHANGE and HOPE got us in 2008!
Barnes has done an outstanding job as sheriff of Guilford County.
Exactly...Hope & Change has gotten us in the worst condition in history.
bluesent

High Point, NC

#12 Jun 29, 2010
Jjp wrote:
Bj will keep his seat.. The man is a political icon. Let's all just thank the lord that nut c.b goins has no chance now
With goins ideology now public, I believe that the "b" in "c.b" stands for BARRY!

Who else has the same ideology that goes by that name?
honorable

Greensboro, NC

#13 Jul 1, 2010
no support 4 soldiers wrote:
I am fighting in the war in afghanistan and BJ barnes still denied me a permit to buy a handgun because of a Harrasing phone call chrage from years ago that i have payed my debt to society all ready. I also had my wife go to sheriffs depeartment to get a premit after id left back for Afghanistan and B.J. denied my wife a handgun for a traffic offense from 4 years ago. while im not home she needs a weapon to defend her self and our childern.
Thanks BJ i hope u never get elected again. Dirt BAG
and that is his fault?
ncapi

Climax, NC

#14 Sep 27, 2010
I am voting against every incumbent this year, except for Burr. The posts are right though, what happened in 2008 made "Change" a dirty word. Let's just say that Wadsworth will make a big Difference in how things are done at the Sheriff's Office. Can't wait, know Phil for a long time and have no doubts he will do a grand job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guilford County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Re... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Lucy 2
News North Carolina lawmakers leave LGBT law largely... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Sneaky Pete 2
News NC shelter where 2,000 animals are unaccounted ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 2
News Man says he was wrongfully arrested, sues Boone (Jan '16) Jan '16 Bob 1
News Guilford County animal shelter reopens after in... (Aug '15) Sep '15 axhole 2
News Guilford County speech teacher charged with sex... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Spotted Girl 1
News State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
More from around the web