Driver killed after high-speed chase identified

There are 58 comments on the News & Record story from Aug 29, 2007, titled Driver killed after high-speed chase identified. In it, News & Record reports that:

The driver of a car police said died in a wreck Monday after leading authorities on a high-speed chase was identified as 17-year-old Greensboro resident Corey Daniel Loman, police said today. via News & Record

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News & Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jon

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Aug 30, 2007
R.I.P Corey. You'll never be forgotten.
Gracie

Greensboro, NC

#2 Aug 30, 2007
i'll miss you corey. everyone will. we love you.
Heather Stike

Greensboro, NC

#3 Aug 31, 2007
I love you Corey and miss you alot! Rest in Peace! Love,Heather!!
Heather Russell

Greensboro, NC

#4 Aug 31, 2007
Corey,
I love you Corey and i miss you soooo much!!! Tracy loves you too and misses you like crazy. You will always be with us in our prayers and in out hearts, you will never be forgotten.
We all love you and miss you...
Love always,
Heather R.
Amanda Henegar

United States

#5 Sep 1, 2007
Ragsdale will miss you!!!!
Amanda Henegar

United States

#6 Sep 1, 2007
Ragsdale will miss you!!
aunt crystal

Lexington, NC

#7 Sep 23, 2007
corey,
I miss you and will always love you.I will miss that pretty smile and them big bright eyes.Corey i hoped you knew how much i love you, you were like my first son and you were the reason i wanted to have a little boy.I will miss all the times you pop up at my house no matter what you were doing or calling me out of the blue.You will always be in my heart no matter what im doing or where im going. i love you forever and always, crystal
aunt crystal

Lexington, NC

#8 Sep 23, 2007
Corey,
i love you and miss you!I will never forget that pretty smile and them big pretty eyes.Corey you were like my first son and you were the reason i wanted a little boy.I will miss all the surprise visits and the phone calls from out of the blue.It didnt matter who you were with or what you was doing when you came to high point you came to see me or called.I hope you knew how much i love you.You will always be in my heart no matter were i am and what im doing.
love crystal
Kayla

Danville, VA

#10 Sep 28, 2007
Corey,
I always loved you you were in every bit of my heart. I will never forget you. You always knew how to make me smile when i was down. you were always there for me. I love you and i wish i could have told you that. Like you told me. The last words you said to me "Kayla you know i've always loved you" i will never forget those word the are in my heart for now and for ever.
I love you man
leon

High Point, NC

#11 Oct 3, 2007
corey,
you was a great friend you will be missed we had alot of good times that will never be forgotton.One day we all be there with u just like your with us in our hearts.

love ya man.
Tim

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Oct 4, 2007
Despite the sadness family and friends must feel, he was driving dangerously in a stolen car! He could've killed someone. I'm glad he hit the light pole and tree before hitting another driver, bystander, or house.
XXX

Washington, NC

#13 Oct 4, 2007
For those that are talking stupid Tim in VA and especially mrk I didnt know the young man never heard of him but why talk about what couldv'e happened? The fact is he didnt hit anyone! He made a tragic mistake that cost him his life and my condolences go out to his family.
Tonya Odom

High Point, NC

#14 Oct 4, 2007
R.I.P. corey you will never be forgotten.you will always be loved. you will be missed very much.
aunt crystal

High Point, NC

#15 Oct 5, 2007
To those that think he was being so stupid,he didnt steal the car. He was given the keys by some kids.And for your info he was going to virgina to talk a girl out of killing herself! He made a mistake! Damn havent you ever made mistakes in your life! This one just costed him his life.And yes we are glad he didnt kill anyone. I think he seen the cops and got scared and was trying to run and messed up.So keep your negitive opinions to your self.
mrk

United States

#16 Oct 10, 2007
Wow!!!! XXX, I didn't know him, I just read the story. When I read all of the comments it made me mad because these are the people that "enable" this type of behavior and decision making. I would like to add, one less idiot "messing up" on the same road as my family. You say I'm talking stupid by refering to what could've happened. Is drinking and driving ok as long as no one gets hurt? Beacause you have to agree with that to support your statement. Don't be an enabler.
aunt crystal

High Point, NC

#17 Oct 22, 2007
HE WASNT DRINKING AND DRIVING! THERE IS NO POLICE REPORTS TO PROVE THAT.BUT NO I DONT AGREE WITH WHAT HE DONE I JUST WISH HE WAS STILL HERE ALIVE.AND I DONT AGREE WITH DRINKING AND DRIVING AND IM GLAD HE DIDNT HURT ANYONE ELSE. ITS NOT LIKE HE MADE A GOOD DECISION BUT DAMN WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. ARE YOU PERFECT?
taylor

High Point, NC

#18 Oct 23, 2007
oh god, from reading these some people have no brain. corey always cared for other people before himself, we met and that day we met was the best day of my life, he came into my life right at my breaking point when everything was going wrong. i couldnt of asked for a better friend , a better boyfriend, a better everything... corey was one of those guys you couldnt help yourself falling for , that charming smile and that sweet voice. the last day i saw him was randomly out of the blue, i was at the pool enjoying my last day of summer and he was up there, we started talking and remembering the times we shared.. and they didnt make since why we stopped talking. corey was unhappy at sometimes in his life but i was trying to do everything in my will to make him happy again... he got in the car to go smoke and i remember asking him if he would ever change and he said probally not, when i heard about his death i was devastated and to this day i still cant live up to it. but i know deep down if we all stick together we can make it thorugh,

i just wanted to say thanks for all the support everyone has given me in the past month to get thoruhg this, i miss you so much corey.

and aunt crystal you are so right,
no one is perfect and what corey did was wrong,that caused him his life but hell always be in our heart foever!
Debbie

United States

#19 Oct 29, 2007
It is a terrible thing to lose anyone! No matter what they do, they're still somebody's baby.My thoughts are with the family of the boy.And for everyone else, GOD is looking out for everyone so when he can stop something, He does!If it is time it is time. I learned that the hard way!!!!
taylor

High Point, NC

#20 Nov 5, 2007
i ..
misss...
you.....
so much,:(
i feel like i cant function without you :(
Chuck Baker

Greensboro, NC

#21 Nov 5, 2007
Courage Taylor. It is hard to get through times like this, I know. However, you can do it. Our family has seen some personal tragedies, from the loss of our baby girl to the loss most recently of my father in law. Overtime, the pain may dull a bit, but we never forget. However, each day we go on because we know they would not want us to give in to the sadness and depression. So courage. Be strong. It is hard but you can do it. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you who knew Corey. he may have made a mistake, however, we never want the end result to be the loss of a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guilford County speech teacher charged with sex... Jan '15 Spotted Girl 1
News State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
News Guilford County Schools ice storm make up day p... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Carrie 1
News New Cone Health pediatric practice to target lo... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jackie 1
News High Point mayor indicted on felony charge (Nov '13) Nov '13 R Clear 5
News Dog Adoption & Humane Awards At Governor's Mansion (Nov '13) Nov '13 daphne thomas 1
News Vaccine Company, Chooses Guilford for $7.6 Mill... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Les 1
More from around the web