N.C. gets 171 complaints of restaurants violating smoking ban

There are 2 comments on the The Virginian-Pilot story from Jan 12, 2010, titled N.C. gets 171 complaints of restaurants violating smoking ban. In it, The Virginian-Pilot reports that:

North Carolina received 171 complaints about possible smoking violations in the first week of the new statewide smoking ban in bars and restaurants, state officials said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Virginian-Pilot.

jadsmom1983

China Grove, NC

#1 Jan 17, 2010
As much MONEY as RJR has poured into our local economy through the YEARS!!!!!! I NEVER thought NORTH CAROLINA would turn its back on RJR!!!!!! I am so sick of tired of people complaining about cigerettes. TRY DOING SOMETHING ABOUT ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD HAVE NEVER VOTED FOR BEV PERDUE IF I HAD ONLY KNOW WHAT SHE HAD UP HER SLEEVE. WELL, GUESS WHAT THERE IS THE NEXT ELECTION!!!!!!
CarolinaGirl

Durham, NC

#2 Feb 22, 2010
There are still a few places that you can smoke in Raleigh--I think the hookah bars and Amra's (downtown Raleigh) because it is a cigar bar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guilford County speech teacher charged with sex... Jan '15 Spotted Girl 1
News State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
News Guilford County Schools ice storm make up day p... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Carrie 1
News New Cone Health pediatric practice to target lo... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jackie 1
News High Point mayor indicted on felony charge (Nov '13) Nov '13 R Clear 5
News Dog Adoption & Humane Awards At Governor's Mansion (Nov '13) Nov '13 daphne thomas 1
News Vaccine Company, Chooses Guilford for $7.6 Mill... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Les 1
More from around the web