Greensboro Man Sues Toyota Over Accel...

Greensboro Man Sues Toyota Over Acceleration Issue

There are 9 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Feb 24, 2010, titled Greensboro Man Sues Toyota Over Acceleration Issue. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

William Hemphill is suing Toyota and Flow Lexus for injuries and damage sustained when his car allegedly accelerated on its own and crashed inside a parking deck.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

atse

Greensboro, NC

#1 Feb 24, 2010
just another person trying to jump on what they think is a money wagon
John Yaya

Burlington, NC

#2 Feb 24, 2010
atse wrote:
just another person trying to jump on what they think is a money wagon
It is...for the Chinese, licking their lips cuz now they can scoop up a Japanese company cheap too.

Bet this guy suing is more pissed about what the wreck did to his golf clubs.
LS owner

Greensboro, NC

#3 Feb 24, 2010
I feel bad for the man, however, I have owned 6 of the Lexus LS sedans...They are the finest car in the world. This "pile on" scenario that the government and media have created is certainly a shame
stop the lawsuits

Richmond, VA

#4 Feb 24, 2010
In his 80's??? Now for a little truth in journalism - he is 88 years old! Yeah, so cars take on a life of their own after 5 years of no problems and men his age are perfect drivers. No need to sue everybody just to cover up the fact that you shouldn't be driving anymore!
The Snapper

Stokesdale, NC

#5 Feb 24, 2010
88..yeah it wasn't at all his fault.....
Old dudes smell and can't drive...but I hope to be one someday
Toyota Driver

United States

#6 Feb 25, 2010
I`m sure the day after the crash he had thirty calls from lawyers(buzzards) wanting to handle his case. But, it is also amazing that only after Toyota started feeling alot of heat on the gas pedal issue that they remembered the other safety recalls they needed to send out.
Gun Toter

Greensboro, NC

#7 Feb 25, 2010
No body thinks its strange that congress (GM) is grilling Toyota (not GM)---Sounds kinda self serving to me??
John Yaya

Burlington, NC

#8 Feb 25, 2010
LS owner wrote:
I feel bad for the man, however, I have owned 6 of the Lexus LS sedans...They are the finest car in the world. This "pile on" scenario that the government and media have created is certainly a shame
Owned 6? Must be nice.

Do you work for BB&T?
HONEST MAN

Montgomery, AL

#9 Feb 25, 2010
That old SOB is full of it. I should sue him for being an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NC shelter where 2,000 animals are unaccounted ... Feb '16 JANICE 2
News Man says he was wrongfully arrested, sues Boone Jan '16 Bob 1
News Guilford County animal shelter reopens after in... (Aug '15) Sep '15 axhole 2
News Guilford County speech teacher charged with sex... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Spotted Girl 1
News State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
News Guilford County Schools ice storm make up day p... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Carrie 1
News New Cone Health pediatric practice to target lo... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jackie 1
More from around the web