High Point jail inmate dies after sui...

High Point jail inmate dies after suicide attempt

There are 15 comments on the News & Record story from Nov 27, 2007, titled High Point jail inmate dies after suicide attempt. In it, News & Record reports that:

An inmate in custody at the Guilford County jail in High Point died after an attempted suicide attempt Monday afternoon, according to the sheriff's office. via News & Record

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News & Record.

Neccie

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jul 24, 2008
Hum I think these inmates should get treated better!!!!!!
Dave

High Point, NC

#2 Nov 8, 2009
That was a very well thought out point to make Neccie. Next time the jailers should give them more rope.
buford pusser

Burlington, NC

#3 Nov 9, 2009
From News Article:
Maynard was being jailed under a $400,000 secured bond for two counts of first-degree sex offense, three counts of assault on a child under 12-years-old, first-degree kidnapping and indecent liberties with a child. He had been in custody since Aug. 23 and was scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 4.

I would of hung myself too! Sure beats having my throat slit within the first month of incarceration.

I just hope to the DA that this fellow was guilty. He shoulda never hung himself if he was innocent.
Dave

High Point, NC

#4 Nov 11, 2009
It looks like he succeeded, so how was it an attempt?
carla

Mount Pleasant, NC

#5 Dec 1, 2009
I don't wish that on noone, Sorry to hear that

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#6 Dec 3, 2009
Attempt? He successfully killed himself. He did not attempt it.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#7 Dec 3, 2009
carla wrote:
I don't wish that on noone, Sorry to hear that
I do. I am not sorry he is burning in Hell. He f**ked kids and abused them. If you felt for the kids, you would not be taking up for their ABUSER. You were raped as a child, weren't you? Thankfully, this CHILD ABUSER is burning in Hell right now, and if you feel sorry for him, then you need to go there too. You are part of what is wrong with High Point, and I regret sharing the same town with a such a pro-abuser, anti-child, anti-victim person like you. He did the right thing. The children are innocent and deserve never to be raped. He was guilty and deserved a much more violent death.

I live here in HP, and I am sick of all the perverts walking the streets propositioning children, asexuals, Christian single women, straight men, etc. I ride a bike everywhere and I will never drive a car. And I am sick of men hitting on me. I have the right to drive from point A to point B without being bothered, just like drivers in cars. If I wanted to be picked up, I would go to a bar. I have the right to ride from point A to point B without being solicited nor any man trying to stop me to talk to me. Why do they disrespect me just because I drive a bicycle for ALL my business? I never ride for leisure and get absolutely no pleasure from riding it. I live a loner life and have a complete family of 1. Nobody to boss me around, nobody to control me. Just me against the world, and I love being able to prove myself to the world. A man would just get in the way and destroy the perfect life I already have. I have everything I need and a man would actually be a liability and destroy my already perfect life.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#8 Dec 3, 2009
This is the sort of action a sex criminal of children will do. They are more likely than other inmates to commit suicide, kill cops (that is why the one man gunned down 4 cops, he didn't want to go down as a child f**ker), kill innocent people (in hopes of death row to avoid being beaten to death in prison), etc.
Buffalo Bozo

AOL

#9 Dec 3, 2009
Suicide is the easy way out...the living hell that is prison would have been a more fitting punishment.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#10 Dec 3, 2009
Buffalo Bozo wrote:
Suicide is the easy way out...the living hell that is prison would have been a more fitting punishment.
Yes, but you know child sex abusers get slaps on the wrists. So he gets out after probation and gets to do it again and again.
Knowitall

Campbellsville, KY

#11 Dec 5, 2009
good news is always good to read, I hope all jailers have extra rope so we can clean house.
A good day is when multiple people leave in body bags, so long bad apples.
Happy go loucky

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Sep 1, 2010
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. I am not sorry he is burning in Hell. He f**ked kids and abused them. If you felt for the kids, you would not be taking up for their ABUSER. You were raped as a child, weren't you? Thankfully, this CHILD ABUSER is burning in Hell right now, and if you feel sorry for him, then you need to go there too. You are part of what is wrong with High Point, and I regret sharing the same town with a such a pro-abuser, anti-child, anti-victim person like you. He did the right thing. The children are innocent and deserve never to be raped. He was guilty and deserved a much more violent death.
I live here in HP, and I am sick of all the perverts walking the streets propositioning children, asexuals, Christian single women, straight men, etc. I ride a bike everywhere and I will never drive a car. And I am sick of men hitting on me. I have the right to drive from point A to point B without being bothered, just like drivers in cars. If I wanted to be picked up, I would go to a bar. I have the right to ride from point A to point B without being solicited nor any man trying to stop me to talk to me. Why do they disrespect me just because I drive a bicycle for ALL my business? I never ride for leisure and get absolutely no pleasure from riding it. I live a loner life and have a complete family of 1. Nobody to boss me around, nobody to control me. Just me against the world, and I love being able to prove myself to the world. A man would just get in the way and destroy the perfect life I already have. I have everything I need and a man would actually be a liability and destroy my already perfect life.
I feel u on the part about the Rapist burning in Hell for the harsh things he did and if he wanted to take his own life rather than be fucked in the ass and abused like he abused kids, then his ass is in the right place !!!!! I agree on that part BUT, what are u talkn about being a loner and people hittin on you are u a child or do u have Men problems cause that was totall off the subject , girl if u want to vent on some Men problems just start ur own blog and give me the blog info ,Ill chat with u ....LOL

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#13 Sep 3, 2010
Happy go loucky wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel u on the part about the Rapist burning in Hell for the harsh things he did and if he wanted to take his own life rather than be fucked in the ass and abused like he abused kids, then his ass is in the right place !!!!! I agree on that part BUT, what are u talkn about being a loner and people hittin on you are u a child or do u have Men problems cause that was totall off the subject , girl if u want to vent on some Men problems just start ur own blog and give me the blog info ,Ill chat with u ....LOL
No dumbass, it is not off topic. I was talking about perverts. Remember, when ANY perverts are discussed, it is correct to discuss ALL perverts. Nobody has to stay on any topic. In fact, the rules say that harassing people (including those who go off topic) is a banishable offense. Do you have a topic fetish or something? If you don't like it when people expand topics, then either ignore it, turn off your PC, gouge out your eyes, or do like this inmate did. I suggest the first one.

I don't have man troubles at all. I have the right to the privilege of getting to live every day as a loner without men coming onto me. The same privilege that EVERY man takes for granted. Growing up, all power over self was stolen from me. Now, I simply want to live out ALL my days by living alone, and being my own boss, in EVERY facet of my life. Growing up, I had the dream of keeping to myself, minding my own business, and making only friendships that I initiate. For me to have any other person in my life would mean competing with them for my time and what I want to do. I have yet to find anybody who doesn't at some level want to control me. Having another person in my life like that would destroy the dream life that I am living. Anyone living with me, except for a few of my closest platonic friendships which run deeper than most people's romantic friendships.

What I said ties in. In a society that creates sexual perverts, women are not free to walk up the street without men treating them like whores (even if they are married, children, or non-sexual due to the inborn sexual orientation of asexuality). Men cannot understand there are women who are single by choice who love such a life more than being in any relationship with any person, male or female. In a decent society without child rape, a woman can walk up the street and receive the same distance and respect as any man does.

And it also goes to morals. I believe it is immoral and wrong to even want to have sexual contact out of a legal, heterosexual marriage. If I am walking down the street, it should be assumed that I am a Christian and saving it until marriage. But men around here are perverts who when they see a woman, feel entitled to her and see her only for one things. They don't realize there are still Christian women who would rather be alone than put out before marriage. Such women should be allowed to live their lifestyle without teasing, rape attempts, or hassle.

And do you live in HP right now? If not, then you have no right to come in here and tell HP residents how to post on their local boards. Starting a blog as you stupidly suggest misses the point when the problem is High Pointers.
Happy go loucky

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Sep 6, 2010
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
No dumbass, it is not off topic. I was talking about perverts. Remember, when ANY perverts are discussed, it is correct to discuss ALL perverts. Nobody has to stay on any topic. In fact, the rules say that harassing people (including those who go off topic) is a banishable offense. Do you have a topic fetish or something? If you don't like it when people expand topics, then either ignore it, turn off your PC, gouge out your eyes, or do like this inmate did. I suggest the first one.
I don't have man troubles at all. I have the right to the privilege of getting to live every day as a loner without men coming onto me. The same privilege that EVERY man takes for granted. Growing up, all power over self was stolen from me. Now, I simply want to live out ALL my days by living alone, and being my own boss, in EVERY facet of my life. Growing up, I had the dream of keeping to myself, minding my own business, and making only friendships that I initiate. For me to have any other person in my life would mean competing with them for my time and what I want to do. I have yet to find anybody who doesn't at some level want to control me. Having another person in my life like that would destroy the dream life that I am living. Anyone living with me, except for a few of my closest platonic friendships which run deeper than most people's romantic friendships.
What I said ties in. In a society that creates sexual perverts, women are not free to walk up the street without men treating them like whores (even if they are married, children, or non-sexual due to the inborn sexual orientation of asexuality). Men cannot understand there are women who are single by choice who love such a life more than being in any relationship with any person, male or female. In a decent society without child rape, a woman can walk up the street and receive the same distance and respect as any man does.
And it also goes to morals. I believe it is immoral and wrong to even want to have sexual contact out of a legal, heterosexual marriage. If I am walking down the street, it should be assumed that I am a Christian and saving it until marriage. But men around here are perverts who when they see a woman, feel entitled to her and see her only for one things. They don't realize there are still Christian women who would rather be alone than put out before marriage. Such women should be allowed to live their lifestyle without teasing, rape attempts, or hassle.
And do you live in HP right now? If not, then you have no right to come in here and tell HP residents how to post on their local boards. Starting a blog as you stupidly suggest misses the point when the problem is High Pointers.
write a book the next time , u lonely whore! Nobody is coming on to your sweaty bike riding ass and if they are what the hell do they want with ur ass , ur right expand but keep it on topic.... Nobody asked for the comment about you and your lame ass friends.Oh but I see you were of Sexual Abuse probably by your father or mothers drunkened boyfriend..... anyway if u cant take the heat of comments then heffa u logg off , gouge your dam eyes or betta yet KILL Yo dam self , we want miss ya PROMISE ! hehehehe by the way Im white too and yes I live in HP right off N. Main st dummy:)
bad ass

Greensboro, NC

#15 Oct 14, 2010
yall need to shut up cause nobody cares about what either of you have to say . this is not about either of you. it is so abnoscious to come on here an argue yall need to get a life an grow up, but as for the man he deserved to sit there and face the pain death was cowardly and easy but understandale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NC shelter where 2,000 animals are unaccounted ... Feb '16 JANICE 2
News Man says he was wrongfully arrested, sues Boone Jan '16 Bob 1
News Guilford County animal shelter reopens after in... (Aug '15) Sep '15 axhole 2
News Guilford County speech teacher charged with sex... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Spotted Girl 1
News State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
News Guilford County Schools ice storm make up day p... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Carrie 1
News New Cone Health pediatric practice to target lo... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jackie 1
More from around the web