Guilford Co. Public Safety Could Face...

Guilford Co. Public Safety Could Face Biggest Cuts

There are 6 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Apr 23, 2010, titled Guilford Co. Public Safety Could Face Biggest Cuts. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Public safety and public health could stand to lose the most money in Guilford County's budget next year, according to the Greensboro News & Record.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

John Yaya

Burlington, NC

#1 Apr 23, 2010
Sure, reduce public safety, but send your leaders to Reno for a nice trip. Will they have a security detail?

Is it just me, or is this a crock?
eddie

Blairsville, GA

#2 Apr 23, 2010
Go to the health department building on maple street one day. There are way too many people working here, doing what? Leaving at 4 o clock, driving around in county owned vehicles doing nothing. Sure, public health is important. However there is RAMPANT waste in this department. They have 3 people doing the job of one.
Rebecca Shepard

Greensboro, NC

#3 Apr 23, 2010
As a resident of NC for most of my life, this is the government playing the SAME game to scare taxpayers into giving them more taxes to WASTE.

They attack the services they know are needed.

I have seen this game played out for decades and new residents to NC are too new to realize what is happening.

There needs to be a complete house cleaning of local and state government and put some competent folks in that knows how to balance a budget. That may mean getting rid of some services, but not the ones that are sorely needed.
Gun Toter

Greensboro, NC

#4 Apr 23, 2010
Dont worry they are putting up cameras
and maybe a few more fuel efficent escalades with pretty blue lights Im sure they are great crime fighting vehicals and they are so damn cheap. Just like the troopers. Who in the world thought suv's would be a good idea for them. The only way they would be Green is if you painted them that way
iME

High Point, NC

#5 Apr 25, 2010
Gun Toter wrote:
Dont worry they are putting up cameras
and maybe a few more fuel efficent escalades with pretty blue lights Im sure they are great crime fighting vehicals and they are so damn cheap. Just like the troopers. Who in the world thought suv's would be a good idea for them. The only way they would be Green is if you painted them that way
Actually the Sheriffs office doesn't have hybrid escalades..they have a few Tahoes for K9 Units which require a cage and the sheriff has a ford explorer but outside of that NO SUVS for Guilford County Sheriffs office..You should really not talk about what you know nothing about..and before you come back with more of your knowledge I WORKED THERE SO I KNOW BETTER!
iME

High Point, NC

#6 Apr 25, 2010
@Gun Toter

I really think your getting the SHERIFFS OFFICE confused with the GREENSBORO PD..they are 2 different departments with 2 different budgets and policies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guilford County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guilford County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Re... (Sep '16) May '17 Gigi 3
News North Carolina lawmakers leave LGBT law largely... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Sneaky Pete 2
News NC shelter where 2,000 animals are unaccounted ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 2
News Man says he was wrongfully arrested, sues Boone (Jan '16) Jan '16 Bob 1
News Guilford County animal shelter reopens after in... (Aug '15) Sep '15 axhole 2
News Guilford County speech teacher charged with sex... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Spotted Girl 1
News State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
More from around the web