Small S.C. town rocked by cheerleadin...

Small S.C. town rocked by cheerleading coach scandal

There are 4 comments on the The Associated Press story from Jan 25, 2007, titled Small S.C. town rocked by cheerleading coach scandal . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

This small, sleepy Southern town has been rocked by scandal. People are tightlipped, signs ask reporters to stay away and a student's car is scrawled with shoe polish in a sign proclaiming 'We made history in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

unknown

Lacey, WA

#1 Jan 25, 2007
As most people in ware shoals are saying that this just needs to blow over and the media needs to stop i would have to disagree. this has been going on for years. i know that this does not look good for this town. i just want to see justice prevailed.
JIM D

Poughkeepsie, NY

#2 Jan 29, 2007
We complain about are youth and blame mtv.What do the youth of this town come away with in this situation.I heard one student say first I was shocked then I figured that's just the way it is.
Head Shaking Local

Angier, NC

#3 Jan 31, 2007
Yes, I have heard rumors much wilder than anything in print. I think much of this story is old news to the locals. When the press gets tired or a bigger story breaks somewhere else, and it "blows over", people that live here will still have to see and deal with one another as neighbors. The "outsiders" will leave and Ware Shoals will still be the same place it's always been.
mrclean

Hemingway, SC

#4 Feb 4, 2007
Go to link for age of consent in SC

http://forums.goupstate.com/eve/forums...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenwood County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boil Water Advisory issues for Greenwood areas (Mar '17) Mar '17 Octnytebyrd 1
News Man drowns in Lake Greenwood (Aug '15) Aug '15 Doc754 1
News Council approves $3,000 for HSOG program (Jan '14) Jan '14 herelegal 1
News Former Greenwood County Undersheriff charged (Oct '12) Dec '13 donna 2
News Tearing Families Apart (Jul '13) Jul '13 Patti Schuck 2
News Molester sentenced to 40 years (Apr '13) Apr '13 don 1
Upstate SC Forum (Nov '12) Nov '12 UpstateDebate 1
More from around the web