African Slaves taught slave owners ho...

African Slaves taught slave owners how to cultivate rice

There are 18 comments on the www.teachingushistory.org story from May 6, 2010, titled African Slaves taught slave owners how to cultivate rice. In it, www.teachingushistory.org reports that:

African slaves taught european slave owners how to cultivate rice which the europeans tried and were unsucessful on their own.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.teachingushistory.org.

American

Greensboro, NC

#1 May 6, 2010
The greatest flowering and most militant expression of the Black-Indian alliance took place in Florida. Enslaved Africans fled bondage in Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama and the Carolinas to make a new life on the penninsula claimed by Spain. Around the time of the American Revolution, Africans welcomed the Seminoles, a break-away segment of the Creek nation, to the penninsula and taught them rice cultivation methods they had learned in Sierra Leone and Senegambia. On this basis the two peoples formed an agricultural and military alliance that defeated repeated invasions by U.S. slaveholding posses.

Finally, in 1819, to end a perceived threat by U.S. slave-holders, the United States purchased Florida. By this time African-run plantations stretched for fifty miles along Florida's fertile Appalachicola river valley, and included herds of cattle and horses. In Florida the Red and Black Seminoles fought the United States Army, Navy and Marines to a standstill for four decades, and some Seminoles never surrendered. In three Seminole Wars the United States armed forces lost more than 1500 U.S. soldiers, spent more than $40,000,000 and at times Seminole armed forces tied up half of the U.S. Army on the peninsula. "This, you may be assured," said U.S. General Thomas Jesup in l837, "is a Negro, not an Indian war." It was both.

“Gods operate on the spiritual”

Since: Jul 09

devils operate on the physical

#3 May 6, 2010
"dumb" africans taught those oh so "smart" europeans so much. more than we'll ever know.
white man

Montgomery, AL

#4 May 6, 2010
So how did that all work out for ya?Some how those blacks that were builders,etc lost their way.All thats left is a sorry pants draggen,drug dealin fool.Slowly moving into a space once reserved for retarded members of society.I've always heard of the proud african,but have only seen the proud,broke,dump ass that is letting his children drop out of school and act like the fool the white man has shown him to be!Keep dressen like a fool.Don't dress in the white mans clothes.
thimb

United States

#5 May 6, 2010
Slvery was very bad. There were many young girls raped by the slaves.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6 May 6, 2010
white man wrote:
So how did that all work out for ya?Some how those blacks that were builders,etc lost their way.All thats left is a sorry pants draggen,drug dealin fool.Slowly moving into a space once reserved for retarded members of society.I've always heard of the proud african,but have only seen the proud,broke,dump ass that is letting his children drop out of school and act like the fool the white man has shown him to be!Keep dressen like a fool.Don't dress in the white mans clothes.
What your non-spelling sorry ass will never understand is, what you posted does not mitigate the facts.

Location hidden

#7 May 6, 2010
white man wrote:
Misdirection -- You are trying desperately to pin the acts of a few onto the entire race. Not going to happen. The world is now aware of the tactics you white guys use to guide negative beliefs about African Americans. Spin Spin little invisible man.

Location hidden

#8 May 6, 2010
The truth is out there....LMAO!
man o man

Bellefontaine, OH

#9 May 6, 2010
said by location hidden ^^^^^^

Location hidden

#11 May 6, 2010
man o man wrote:
said by location hidden ^^^^^^
LOL. Always have to be lead...My location is in my name.
sammy

United States

#12 May 6, 2010
Yes much the same as today.
thimb wrote:
Slavery was very bad. There were many young girls raped by the slaves.
man o man

Bellefontaine, OH

#13 May 6, 2010
its hidden though right? okay then check and mate you inbreed ah ha you mad lol

Location hidden

#14 May 6, 2010
sammy wrote:
Yes much the same as today.
<quoted text>
Why are you pulling things out of your ass?

Where is this link that proves your statement?

Location hidden

#15 May 6, 2010
man o man wrote:
its hidden though right? okay then check and mate you inbreed ah ha you mad lol
It is not hidden. You guys are all the same. You will never concede defeat or admit not knowing something. School and your parents did you a disservice. They should have said NO to you more often and they should have told you you would not melt if you ask for clarity instead of begging an answer.

Boogie down, to those that know, is The Bronx. in New York. Not hidden, but in plain sight.

“Gods operate on the spiritual”

Since: Jul 09

devils operate on the physical

#16 May 6, 2010
WowTheBoogieDown wrote:
<quoted text>Misdirection -- You are trying desperately to pin the acts of a few onto the entire race. Not going to happen. The world is now aware of the tactics you white guys use to guide negative beliefs about African Americans. Spin Spin little invisible man.
exactly. why do they always show up on threads like this just to post negative comments

DaemonMeister

Since: Jan 10

Cuchi, Angola

#17 May 6, 2010
WowTheBoogieDown wrote:
<quoted text>Misdirection -- You are trying desperately to pin the acts of a few onto the entire race. Not going to happen.....
Thank you for this post.
I guess whites NOT all meth addicted child molestors after all, huh?

I'm starting a collection of posts like this, by the way. No, you're not the first one to admit that racist negroes are full of shit. A lot of you lying morons claim that "per capita" is the white man's tactic to make black criminals LOOK bad.
And then we find...
mikeP3 wrote:
<quoted text> it's something else. and the guy that's arguing that theres more african billionaires then AA billionaires needs his brain checked. OF COURSE there are. 40 million AAs vs 100s of millions of africans? there will always be more african billionaires. OPEN AND CLOSED case smh
i swear sum of these folks came straight outta a zoo
bear head muhf*ckaaaaaas LOL
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TG83KC4QNH5BE...

....negroes ARE capable of understanding percentages.

Hear that 'twang",....?
That's your negro logic snapping back and slapping your face.
man o man

Bellefontaine, OH

#18 May 6, 2010
since we so ignannt why do you need us? go back to planet trailer trash!!!!!! you cant see percentages were invented to confuse the uneducated if i sock you in the jaw and it bleeds how much percentage of blood will leak?(who cares) you need a bandage lol same goes for money if we are brainwashed to consume and not produce then we are slaves how many percentage of people are aware of that?(who cares)you cant do shit about it

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#20 May 7, 2010
why is this a suprise! the native americans taught the white settlers how to grow and cultivate maize.
man o man

Bellefontaine, OH

#21 May 7, 2010
and they were niccahs keep going lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greenville Co. Sheriff's Office parts ways with... Aug 10 Renee 1
News Police: Father, son arrested after 3 stabbed ou... Jul 29 RAGNA 1
wow just saw i think trump danceing on another ... Jul 18 lots news maybe ... 1
News Snake in a substation: Critter causes power out... Jul '17 skybobbie 4
Kevin James from Rewa...on Mauldin Road!! Feb '17 Crystal 1
Rewa in Mauldin sc (Dec '16) Dec '16 James 1
Greenville County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Benjamin 2
More from around the web