Early Parole Denied To South Carolina...

Early Parole Denied To South Carolina Gay Basher

There are 22 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Feb 11, 2009, titled Early Parole Denied To South Carolina Gay Basher. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

This morning a South Carolina Parole Board denied early parole for Stephen Moller, a man who threw a fatal punch to Sean Kennedy after using an anti-gay slur.

Kennedy was openly gay.

Initially charged with murder in the case, Moller was jailed for seven months before the charges were reduced to manslaughter. At that point, Moller was released on bond. Moller then plead guilty to punching Sean Kennedy outside a Greenville County bar, killing him. Kennedy fell and struck his head, causing a fatal brain injury.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Feb 11, 2009
Gay "Basher"? Seriously?

That's like referring to a child rapist as an "overly affectionate uncle"......

I can only hope that Moller is getting his fair share of "affection" in prison......
TTIN

Bay City, MI

#2 Feb 11, 2009
Manslaughter? Seriously.

Why did it get reduced to manslaughter? This is murder, at least 2nd degree.
s-sdca

San Diego, CA

#3 Feb 11, 2009
Hopefully someone in prison give's him the same treatment as his victim.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Feb 11, 2009
Because South Carolina doesn't have 2nd degree murder. It's either 1st degreee or manslaughter, nothing in between.

That's a throw back to the good old days in the south, so the most a white person who lynches a black man would get charged with is manslaughter.
Tom in Lazybrook

Bogotá, Colombia

#5 Feb 11, 2009
TTIN wrote:
Manslaughter? Seriously.
Why did it get reduced to manslaughter? This is murder, at least 2nd degree.
You might find the answer of that question by investigating the church and political affiliation of the judge and the prosecutors.
equalityboy81

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Feb 11, 2009
He's a good looking guy. Too bad he turned out to be an evil gay killer. He's probably a closeted bisexual who can't stand his deep feelings of yearning for imtimate sexual relations with another man. The ones that hate it that much are usually closet cases.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#7 Feb 11, 2009
equalityboy81 wrote:
He's a good looking guy. Too bad he turned out to be an evil gay killer. He's probably a closeted bisexual who can't stand his deep feelings of yearning for imtimate sexual relations with another man. The ones that hate it that much are usually closet cases.
There's only one reason why a man hates a gay man: That gay man has more balls, and thus is more of a man, then the homophobe who can't cope with his own queerness. Someone being gay doesn't get 'under your skin' if homosexuality isn't already a part of your own DNA.

“That's Mama Luigi to you too”

Since: Jun 08

Orange County,CA

#8 Feb 11, 2009
equalityboy81 wrote:
He's a good looking guy. Too bad he turned out to be an evil gay killer. He's probably a closeted bisexual who can't stand his deep feelings of yearning for imtimate sexual relations with another man. The ones that hate it that much are usually closet cases.
or a guy who has a small d*ck like those NRA members.
equalityboy81

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Feb 11, 2009
McMike wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one reason why a man hates a gay man: That gay man has more balls, and thus is more of a man, then the homophobe who can't cope with his own queerness. Someone being gay doesn't get 'under your skin' if homosexuality isn't already a part of your own DNA.
I agree there. I believe a majority of men are bisexual to some extent. They say most women are so I'm sure it applies to most genders.
equalityboy81

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Feb 11, 2009
both genders.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#11 Feb 11, 2009
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree there. I believe a majority of men are bisexual to some extent. They say most women are so I'm sure it applies to most genders.
Well according to a recent Topix poll it breaks down like this on the Kinsey scale:

Kinsey 0 (totally str8): 18%
Kinsey 1: 12%
Kinsey 2: 18%
Kinsey 3 (100 bisexual):
Kinsey 4: 5%
Kinsey 5: 9%
Kinsey 6 (totally gay): 20%

It's interesting to note a guy is more likely to be totally gay then totally straight. Although hardly scientific this, IMO, is much closer to reality then the CDC survey where, I believe, people were asked at their house over the phone which only had 5% being gay and everyone else, I believe, straight.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#12 Feb 11, 2009
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree there. I believe a majority of men are bisexual to some extent. They say most women are so I'm sure it applies to most genders.
btw, that poll was just for men...

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#13 Feb 11, 2009
oops Kinsey 3: 14%

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#14 Feb 12, 2009
McMike wrote:
oops Kinsey 3: 14%
And what are the other 4%? Rounding errors?

I would suggest that the Topix poll suffers self-selection: People who took it are mostly people who are interested in GLBT issues. It's interesting, nonetheless. Particularly the low incidence of people identifying as Kinsey 4-5.
TTIN

Bay City, MI

#15 Feb 13, 2009
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree there. I believe a majority of men are bisexual to some extent. They say most women are so I'm sure it applies to most genders.
Agree, although most surveys and studies show women more likely to be bisexual than men. I remember reading somewhere that Kinsey's results showed the opposite. And then if you look at ancient history you see some societies where almost all men were bisexual or at least engaged in bisexual behavior. Genes don't change that fast. Of course there might have been more bisexual women in those societies than it looks like, since many societies accepted men having side relationships but not women. In fact at one time in Japan a man could have extramarital sexual relations and as long as it was either with a prostitute or with a man it wasn't considered adultery.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Feb 13, 2009
TTIN wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, although most surveys and studies show women more likely to be bisexual than men. I remember reading somewhere that Kinsey's results showed the opposite. And then if you look at ancient history you see some societies where almost all men were bisexual or at least engaged in bisexual behavior. Genes don't change that fast. Of course there might have been more bisexual women in those societies than it looks like, since many societies accepted men having side relationships but not women. In fact at one time in Japan a man could have extramarital sexual relations and as long as it was either with a prostitute or with a man it wasn't considered adultery.
Or could it be that men are just less likely to admit to being gay or bisexual?

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Highspire, PA

#17 Feb 13, 2009
That's such a freak occurrence that someone would die from just one punch. As a gay person who deplores anti gay violence I still think a first or second degree murder charge might be a little extreme. I'd just hope that the sentence from the lesser charge of prejudice-motivated manslaughter is appropriately severe on its own. (I just read the summary, not the link.)
TTIN

Bay City, MI

#18 Feb 13, 2009
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Or could it be that men are just less likely to admit to being gay or bisexual?
Exactly my point. History is evidence that there are a lot more bisexual men than have admitted it.

“Proud to be Mahu”

Since: Sep 07

Sacramento, CA

#19 Feb 13, 2009
writewingproxycontin wrote:
That's such a freak occurrence that someone would die from just one punch. As a gay person who deplores anti gay violence I still think a first or second degree murder charge might be a little extreme. I'd just hope that the sentence from the lesser charge of prejudice-motivated manslaughter is appropriately severe on its own.(I just read the summary, not the link.)
That is the chance you take when you assault someone. Satendar Sighn here in Sacramento -- same deal. But, if you are willing to attack someone, you should be willing to pay the ultimate price if you achieve your ultimate goal. Well, at least he is not out walking the streets to offend again.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Highspire, PA

#20 Feb 13, 2009
FrankieM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the chance you take when you assault someone. Satendar Sighn here in Sacramento -- same deal. But, if you are willing to attack someone, you should be willing to pay the ultimate price if you achieve your ultimate goal. Well, at least he is not out walking the streets to offend again.
Actually, the legal system makes distinctions based on intent all the time. There's a difference between intending to run someone over and hitting them and accidentally hitting someone.

A death from a single punch is so freakish that you can rule out intent to kill. That doesn't absolve the killer of responsibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greenville Co. Sheriff's Office parts ways with... Aug '17 Renee 1
News Police: Father, son arrested after 3 stabbed ou... Jul '17 RAGNA 1
wow just saw i think trump danceing on another ... Jul '17 lots news maybe ... 1
News Snake in a substation: Critter causes power out... Jul '17 skybobbie 4
Kevin James from Rewa...on Mauldin Road!! (Feb '17) Feb '17 Crystal 1
Rewa in Mauldin sc (Dec '16) Dec '16 James 1
Greenville County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Benjamin 2
More from around the web