Kill A Gay Man Serve 1 Year In Prison

Kill A Gay Man Serve 1 Year In Prison

There are 362 comments on the www.womanist-musings.com story from Jul 6, 2009, titled Kill A Gay Man Serve 1 Year In Prison. In it, www.womanist-musings.com reports that:

In May of 2007, Sean William Kennedy was walking back to his car when he was attacked and murdered by Stephen Andrew Moller. As he beat him to death he repeatedly uttered anti gay slurs.

If the facts of the case don’t make you sick, how about the fact that Moller only served one year for the death of Sean William Kennedy. In fact he was released one week early. He was given credit for the 7 months he served pre-trial and then three years of his five year sentence was suspended. South Carolina has no hate crimes law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.womanist-musings.com.

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
johny

Lehigh Acres, FL

#4 Jul 6, 2009
Now just how would you feel if this was (your little brother or sister or any family member that was either gay or straight??) I bet you even have a gay passed in the closet like the majority of straight men...
Ally

Bettendorf, IA

#10 Jul 6, 2009
I think beating people to death automatically makes you NOT "decent folks".
Richie Haven

San Francisco, CA

#21 Jul 6, 2009
A simple question for the even simpler fundies: Who would Jesus beat to death?
tomas

United States

#53 Jul 6, 2009
South Carolina will eventually reap its rewards for such hate. I will not shed any tears for its downfall.
Ally

Bettendorf, IA

#54 Jul 6, 2009
Does it really surprise anyone that gays and lesbians feel the need to threaten people who say such hateful things as you "proud heteros" keep spewing here? Good grief, you are treating your gay and lesbian brothers and sisters as less than human, yet you act all shocked when they lash out at you. BUY A FUCKING CLUE, PEOPLE! How would YOU feel? How would YOU act, if straight people were murdered every single day for the horrible crime of simply being straight? You call yourselves christian. Well, act like your so-called christ for a change. Do unto others and all that crap you claim to believe in. I gave up on the church ages ago because of just such hypocritical SHIT as this. You people make me want to throw up.
Left wing Bible thumper

West Manchester, OH

#85 Jul 6, 2009
"The Homosexual" I keep reading that. You say that like it is "the table." Homosexual, gay, or whatever term you want to use...you are talking about a person. Whether you agree or disagree with a persons behavior, lifestyle, who they love, or even who they may or may not make a pass at--- they are still a person, and they still deserve respect and love. The Bible says, "Love thy neighbor as thy self." "Judge not lest ye be judge." "He who has not sinned cast the first stone." Jesus talks about love. He never metions homosexuality, not even as exceptions to the rules above. Think about that before you spew forth your hateful remarks and try to pass them off as Christianity. "Dear Lord, protect me from your followers. Amen."
BTW---I am gay and I am a Christian. They are not mutually exclusive.

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#107 Jul 6, 2009
The only hate law South Carolina has is: WE HATE GAYS.

“Hm. Warm and sunny.”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#116 Jul 6, 2009
He just wants to bugger Jesus, like a catholic priest. Keep on referencing all that so we truly understand where you are coming from. the Methodist pastor I grew up with would most assuredly be ashamed to know you, BAC, and Jesus would more than likely had you stoned to death.

“STFU”

Since: May 07

Atlanta, GA

#120 Jul 6, 2009
Venus_Rearmed wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are the sickest, most twisted people on this planet. At least that is what I gather from reading all you "out and proud" CHRISTIANS on topix. You are stomach turning and frightening to anyone with any moral compass.
Weren't you questioning MY generalization of religionists earlier? When I felt the need to vent about some of the zealot posters, all I got was being bullied by people like you defending them. If you feel a bit hypocritical now, you earned it.
Mona Lott

Elizabeth, NJ

#137 Jul 6, 2009
Born again Christians make me puke!

Keep it up, you kool-aid drinking funndies, and one day you will piss off the wrong queen and get a high heel right between your beady little eyes.

I would proudly go to jail for murdering a Christian who tried to harass me. I can use the excuse "heterosexual panic."
Left wing Bible thumper

West Manchester, OH

#140 Jul 6, 2009
My favorite quote, "NEVER TRY TO TEACH A PIG TO SING. IT IS A WASTE OF TIME AND IT ANNOYS THE PIG." So I am going to quit trying to teach the pig to sing. My points have been made, and I am done.
I don't think I need to say which persons posts this was directed at.:)
Ally

Bettendorf, IA

#142 Jul 6, 2009
You can't make people see the light when they've poked their own eyes out with a cross. Sigh.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

King Of Prussia, PA

#144 Jul 6, 2009
I just went and started a mildly passive aggressive troll entitled "Holier Than Thou" in the so called "Christian" forum, and though it's doubtful anyone here can compete with "Born Again Christian" on the troll front, I encourage you all to do unto them....

Praiz!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#145 Jul 6, 2009
As said, now that we all read a Womanist's view of what happened and written with lies and half truths to stir up all the homofacists in these threads, how about a little truth as it was reported from gayrightswatch.com ?

"Hate Motivated Murder in Greenville, South Carolina
Monday, May 21, 2007
Sean William Kennedy, 20, was leaving Brew's Bar in Greenville County, South Carolina, when a car pulled up next to him. Deputies believe 18 year old Stephen Andrew Moller jumped out of the car, punched Kennedy, and then took off.

Sean Kennedy fell after the getting blind-sided by the coward who hit him and hit his head on either a curb or the pavement below. He died less than 24 hours later from his injuries."
Quite the different scenairo then the one we are all reading in this thread....."In May of 2007, Sean William Kennedy was walking back to his car when he was attacked and murdered by Stephen Andrew Moller. As he beat him to death he repeatedly uttered anti gay slurs."

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

King Of Prussia, PA

#146 Jul 6, 2009
Bottle Top wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of these born again Christians are ex addicts and former cons who found salvation through Jesus only to go nuts and look for a sense of self worth through a twisted road gthat includes placing themselves as judges instead of the other way around. Reading 'Bron Again's' posts I highly suspect you might have found him in an ally 7 years ago looking for cigarette butts and a fix while laying claim to a cardboard box as his hillside condo.
No way. "Born Again Christian" is at the very least intelligent. I'm thinking he is more along the lines of Sasha Baron Cohen than ex con.

Praiz!
Left wing Bible thumper

West Manchester, OH

#147 Jul 6, 2009
Please gay, lesbian, and bisexual people out there, don't lump all, so called "born again Christians" in the same group. That is no more fair and accurate as saying all of gay, bisexual, and lesbians act the same way. I know a lot of good "born again Christians" who do not view the world and homosexuality in the same way that the person using that screen name does.

“Hm. Warm and sunny.”

Location hidden

#149 Jul 6, 2009
Left wing Bible thumper wrote:
Please gay, lesbian, and bisexual people out there, don't lump all, so called "born again Christians" in the same group. That is no more fair and accurate as saying all of gay, bisexual, and lesbians act the same way. I know a lot of good "born again Christians" who do not view the world and homosexuality in the same way that the person using that screen name does.
Never would lump 'them' all together, it would be the same as 'us' being lumped altogether. Can't allow ourselves to be pulled into the junior high mentality they project ;) I know a lot of good Christians out there, see...they don't spout hate and allowance to MURDER as an excuse for intolerance. Even by ACCIDENT it was premeditated, he had to go OVER there and start something and finished it. With death. No excuses...unless of course I get to kill anyone who offers me a banana...

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#150 Jul 6, 2009
No Surprise wrote:
As said, now that we all read a Womanist's view of what happened and written with lies and half truths to stir up all the homofacists in these threads, how about a little truth as it was reported from gayrightswatch.com ?
"Hate Motivated Murder in Greenville, South Carolina
Monday, May 21, 2007
Sean William Kennedy, 20, was leaving Brew's Bar in Greenville County, South Carolina, when a car pulled up next to him. Deputies believe 18 year old Stephen Andrew Moller jumped out of the car, punched Kennedy, and then took off.
Sean Kennedy fell after the getting blind-sided by the coward who hit him and hit his head on either a curb or the pavement below. He died less than 24 hours later from his injuries."
Quite the different scenairo then the one we are all reading in this thread....."In May of 2007, Sean William Kennedy was walking back to his car when he was attacked and murdered by Stephen Andrew Moller. As he beat him to death he repeatedly uttered anti gay slurs."
He attacked him, he was using anti-gay slurs, he died. Murder is still murder and he still deserves far more than a 1 year sentence.

“I love my wife. :)”

Seattle, WA

#152 Jul 6, 2009
fuzi wrote:
<quoted text>You come near me and I'll blow your damn head off because I consider you a threat. How's that?
I know we've had words, fuzi, but I am with you on this. I completely agree with responsible gun ownership and have no qualms about defending myself or my wife from these immoral, scary, bible-thumping freaks.

“I love my wife. :)”

Seattle, WA

#153 Jul 6, 2009
fuzi wrote:
<quoted text>Weren't you questioning MY generalization of religionists earlier? When I felt the need to vent about some of the zealot posters, all I got was being bullied by people like you defending them. If you feel a bit hypocritical now, you earned it.
A fuzi, my only issue with you is you tend to be overly caustic at times.:) That is all. I am on your side, we just have very different personalities and styles. I still think you're a bit of an atheist zealot, but I don't think what you THINK is wrong. If you felt bullied, I apologize. I thought we were having heated discourse. Truce, please?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grand jury indicts 10 in Greenville electronics... Sat Tee Tee the boss 2
News 2 kids rescued after falling through ice on S C... Jan '18 figgypops 1
The Good Doctor (Jun '16) Nov '17 PosPrinter Tech 2
News Greenville County Council Urges Will Lewis To R... (Oct '17) Oct '17 duh 1
News Will Lewis Saga: Emergency Greenville County Co... (Oct '17) Oct '17 duh 1
News Warrant: Greenville Co. man arrested after know... (Sep '17) Sep '17 Anonymous 1
News Greenville Co. Sheriff's Office parts ways with... (Aug '17) Aug '17 Renee 1