20 Indicted In Embezzlement Investigation

Nov 27, 2013 Full story: The Greenville Sun 71

BY KEN LITTLE STAFF WRITER More than 20 people have been charged in connection with an embezzlement scheme that resulted in more than $500,000 being stolen from Greene County Farmers Mutual Fire Insurance Co., according to Assistant District Attorney General Cecil Mills Jr. An investigation began in December 2012 after missing money from the ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1 Nov 28, 2013
I don't get the Greeneville Sun.. did they list the names in the paper?
What

Charlotte, NC

#2 Nov 28, 2013
Kevins names never in the paper. Did he start the fire or just get the insurance policys
Ben

Charlotte, NC

#3 Nov 28, 2013
He would do anything to get with anyone that had any money if he thought he had a chance of making any money or getting anything out of them thats what he did to his X , Ashlyn, Ana , Danielle, Teresa, Barbie, Karen, Sharon (the twins )
momma bear

Davidson, NC

#4 Nov 28, 2013
Ben wrote:
He would do anything to get with anyone that had any money if he thought he had a chance of making any money or getting anything out of them thats what he did to his X , Ashlyn, Ana , Danielle, Teresa, Barbie, Karen, Sharon (the twins )
Was misty fezell? Or is that the wrong company ?
Dixie Diamond

Ridgeway, SC

#5 Nov 28, 2013
FriendofDog wrote:
I don't get the Greeneville Sun.. did they list the names in the paper?
Hey there! I don't think the print version of the paper gave any more details than what you can learn by clicking on the "full story" link above. I wonder if it could be because those charged haven't been picked up yet.??? Interesting though, isn't it?

Happy Thanksgiving
Joe

Indian Trail, NC

#6 Nov 28, 2013
momma bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Was misty fezell? Or is that the wrong company ?
Greene County Farmers Mutual is Farm bureau

“Read all about it!”

Location hidden

#7 Nov 28, 2013
Dixie Diamond wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there! I don't think the print version of the paper gave any more details than what you can learn by clicking on the "full story" link above. I wonder if it could be because those charged haven't been picked up yet.??? Interesting though, isn't it?
Happy Thanksgiving
Thanks, I did have a specific reason for asking and really only looking for one name in particular, that's all. ANd, yes, it may be that they haven't rounded up everyone yet. That would also be my guess.

“Read all about it!”

Location hidden

#8 Nov 28, 2013
And, Happy THanksgiving to you too Dixie Diamond..
Dixie Diamond

Ridgeway, SC

#9 Nov 28, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not arguing w/u but was unaware they were the same. They have different names & office locations.????
who dat

Bulls Gap, TN

#10 Nov 28, 2013
Who are the ones charged?
Wrong

Greeneville, TN

#11 Nov 28, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Greene County Farmers Mutual Fire Insurance is located at 110 S. Main St, next to the Capitol Theater. It is not Farm Bureau.
winchestertonfei ldville

New Market, TN

#12 Nov 28, 2013
May be un related (or not) but a bunch of people on the easttnmugshots website in trouble for theft over 10000.
Wow

Greeneville, TN

#13 Nov 28, 2013
winchestertonfeildville wrote:
May be un related (or not) but a bunch of people on the easttnmugshots website in trouble for theft over 10000.
I noticed that too. One woman was theft over $60,000.

Of course she could have stole a new sports car. lol
momma bear

Charlotte, NC

#14 Nov 29, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed that too. One woman was theft over $60,000.

Of course she could have stole a new sports car. lol
Names?

Since: Nov 13

undiscovered

#15 Nov 29, 2013
Fair penalty would be to remove a limb. then you would be able to be a theif only four times
Ben

Charlotte, NC

#16 Nov 29, 2013
Are you saying when they scratch scratch back like a scratch off ? Whats the chance of that its gambling

Since: Nov 13

undiscovered

#17 Nov 29, 2013
No bro take a thieves arms he can't pick up stuff takes his legs and he can't run off with stuff

Greeneville TN

#18 Nov 29, 2013
2 names mentioned so far in the Sun. Patty Jo Cogdill-Good, age 45 of 450 Clear Creek Road Chuckey indicted for theft over $60K. Also indicted, James David Carlyle, age 52, for theft over $10K. "...one or more defendants prepared checks that were received by others who were not customers or otherwisw associated with the company. Those individuals then cashed the checks at a local bank. Most, if not all of the defendants in the case are from Greene County."
Names

Greeneville, TN

#19 Nov 29, 2013
Rodney Alonzo Vaught
Charge: Theft over $10,000

Deanna Ranae Myers

Michael Dwayne Kelley

Faith Ann Crum

Patty Joe Cogdill-Good
Charge: Theft over $60,000

James David Carlyle Jr.

Matthew Jason Berry

This is the ones in this weeks busted, with charges of theft $10,000 and up. I don't know if they had anything to do with the insurance or not.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20 Nov 29, 2013
They're sentences and or plea bargains will be interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greene County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
40-Year Sentence Upheld For Drug Dealer Milburn (Jan '09) Oct '14 MaidennameMilburn 6
Firewood in greeneville Oct '14 Splinter 1
Out-Of-County Ambulance Question Needs Further ... (Feb '14) Sep '14 my opinion 28
Are you ready for a Common Law/Common Sense for... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Patroit 2
Missing Post (Jul '14) Jul '14 Patroit 1
Doctor Will Plead Guilty To Federal Drug, Fraud... (May '14) Jul '14 Patroit 2
Lillelid Defendant Karen Howell Seeking 'Eviden... (Jul '07) Jul '14 Namor 4
More from around the web