Pa Game Commission Deer Management Plan Failing

Posted in the Greene County Forum

Dr Dave

Uniontown, PA

#1 Feb 4, 2010
With modern day low deer harvests continuing the downward trend, hunter outrage at an all time high, and none of the "promised" effects of more & bigger bucks, no better fawning or breeding rates recorded by Pa Game Commission... It seems the plan has failed and failed miserably. The Game Commission is discussing changes to be made, but are asking for input from those who would like to see improvements made & the deer herd responsibly increased somewhat. Please visit the Pa Game Commission Website to email the Commission with input.
Another very good idea would be to email, write or call state representatives and tell them you support responsible changes to the deer management plan. Together we can make a difference towards our hunting heritage & our future.
Dr Dave

Uniontown, PA

#2 Feb 17, 2010
The deer audit came out yesterday, and has shown the plan to have many shortcomings and failures. NOW its time for change.
Danny R

Newport, PA

#3 Feb 19, 2010
Well that's an interesting spin on things Dr.Dave. It appears maybe you spend too much time in an operating room instead of the outdoors or even reading, namely the audit. Had you read the audit you'd have seen they said "the scientific foundation of the PGC deer management system IS SOUND, but there are important components identified that need modification or additional evaluation and assessment."
There were no "failures" at all, but there were suggestions for improvement in it, which was to be expected, and actually desired by hunters and the pgc.
And there have definitely been more bigger bucks taken. One would have to be asleep for the past several years not to know that. Twice as many 2.5+ buck have made up the harvest as before, and with less deer overall. Check with the states taxidermy assoc., they'll tell you too.
May I suggest taking your vacation in the fall woods instead of Cancun, doctor.
DR DAVE

Uniontown, PA

#4 Feb 20, 2010
Rene-punk, your a liar and a scamartist who is well known and goes from board to board spewing lies because youre a sniveling little weenie that covets wildflowers and thinks it takes no deer to reach your goals. Well you sir can kiss my a$$.
The audit just showed the scam program to be a failure, and its about to be addressed. So you can shove that in your tail pipe and sit on it. lmao.
Havent been more bucks taken, thats already been settled in studies. That was attempts at pg damage contol by pgc.
We have the worst damn deer hunting in the nation and thats been proven in internet polls.
DR DAVE

Uniontown, PA

#5 Feb 20, 2010
50 year low buck harvest. Might also wanna check the record books. Lying bastard. What a f'in blowhard.
DR DAVE

Uniontown, PA

#6 Sep 7, 2010
Dr. John Eveland has looked into the deer plan and his newly released findings show that its all a sham, that audubon has been running the show for years and are the primary reason we have this crazy ass deer plan in place. He has documented the involvement and the names proving the inappropriate situation.

He also says the deer plan is absolutely NOT based on sound science of any kind, but instead on audubons values.

You can see movie clips of his presentation on the Allegheny County Sportsmen Leagues website.
Rick H

Burbank, CA

#7 Feb 28, 2011
Im glad i no longer hunt Pennsylvania. The Pa deer management sure did become a joke. If i had to hunt there any longer i wouldve just quit hunting all together. Thankfully there are actually deer in the state im hunting now.
Lonnie

Scranton, PA

#8 Jan 16, 2013
The greed commission has really fouled up hunting in this state. There is complaining from sportsmen as never before from every corner of the state. Why has nothing been done by legislators? Are they that afraid to take on the dcnrs agenda?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greene County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hoping for answers to an old mystery (Oct '13) Apr 29 Oasis 4
News Late fugitive's widow faces charges in Westmore... (Sep '11) Oct '14 Thathonestdude 2
News Former miner acquitted of smoking in mine in 2012 (May '14) May '14 bud_schmones 1
News Winter storm warning issued for area (Mar '13) Mar '13 You are Not my Boss 1
News Two vie for post in the 9th District (Oct '12) Oct '12 Leighton Scott 1
News DEP moves to protect river water (Apr '11) Apr '11 Concerned 3
Pa game commission mismanagement (Mar '08) Mar '11 Deerman34 25
More from around the web