Greene County treasurer to face forme...

Greene County treasurer to face former employee

There are 7 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Oct 5, 2008, titled Greene County treasurer to face former employee. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

TV Online Greene County treasurer to face former employee By Christopher Magan XENIA - Longtime Greene County Treasurer James Schmidt will face off with a former employee in the race to handle the county's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

taxed

AOL

#1 Oct 6, 2008
Home values go down every where.In GREENE COUNTY OHIO the auditor has given market value increases to get more taxes. We are losing jobs and property values are going down and we are losing our homes here and the tax people misrepresent the value of our homes to get more money!
Mike H

Bellville, OH

#2 Oct 16, 2008
Just a message to everyone
I lived in Preble county most of my life. My wife and I bought a home in Jamestown two years ago. I have never had any problems in Preble County with the Treasurers office its always been in out easy. Ihave been able to make payment plans and everything. I went to the Greene County Treasures office this last year to pay my taxes and needed to speak to someone about the value of my home. I tried to stop a man in the office as he passed me to ask who I needed to speak to he was very un-professional. He was almost slovenly. Hair uncombed, clothes looking like he had slept in them, and smelled like he had forgotten to bathe. I was stunned later to find that was the treasurer. Not only was his appearance disorderly but he would not take the time to answer my questions. I personally dont know if Corrina would make a good treasurer. I know nothing about her, but I do know the treasurer should be a professional, clean cut responible able person and Jim did not fit the position. I am very surpised to find out he has been in office since the early 80's. How did he keep his job.

The office was not much better, when I finnaly was able to make a payment the took my money put it in a desk and had no intentions of giving me a receipt I had to ask.... for a reciept I was shocked to find it was actually placed on my tax bill. So at least the got one thing right.
Corinna Grooms

United States

#3 Oct 16, 2008
I worked in the treasuers office for approximately a year and a half, and in that short time, I saw state policies that were not being adhered to, updating the office in regards to the equipment, services, and customer service,
and assistance given to the residents.I offer honesty, integrity and respect to the residents of Greene County.
Former employee

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Oct 24, 2008
I would have thought in 25 years James W. Schmidt would have tried to keep the office updated with lasted of technology. Hand posting tax payers payments ( Days after payment is received ) SO OLD FASHION !!!! But so like James W. Schmidt. He is so set in his OLD FASHION WAYS that he can not or will not bring the Greene County Treasurer Office into the 21ST Century. This office is still functioning like it's 1972.
Joe The Plumber

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Oct 24, 2008
Thanks Mr.Schmidt, I can tell from the last comments that you have ran the Treasurer Office with a MONKEY WRENCH!! This would be FUNNY BUT IT IS SO TRUE AND SO SAD !! GROOMS has my vote. 25 years is long enough for Mr. Schmidt!!! TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!! GROOMS FOR TREASURER!
Not A Good Old Boy Girl

Wilberforce, OH

#6 Oct 29, 2008
Xenia including the Treasurers Office is so out dated. If you are not a member of the Good Old Boy/Girl network you are not going to be updated. Just take a look a Mr. Schmidt does he ever smile? He himself is not of the 21st world, however when you look at the rest of Xenia it is not ready for change either. The same people run the same things not updating a thing.
really want the truth

United States

#7 Oct 29, 2008
First of all lets really look at what the issue really is shall we.. I do agree with the previous comment people in this county are tired of the same ol' same ol' and quite frankly Mr. Schmidt is the "same ol' same ol" and I am very tired of seeing things go unnoticed in this county.. people don't really know the truth and there for that is why things are the way they are here in greene county. I will personally tell you that Corinna is a good person and is sincerely concerned for people in this county, and can actually say that she is on the same page as the rest, she doesn't hide behind what she hasn't worked for and she is willing to do what is needed to get this county into shape. Mr. Schmidt however does hide behind his education and creditentials he didn't work for, one of his so called licenses he didn't even go to school for it was handed to him by some just passing the buck to him. If you think I am kidding go to that office and personally ask that man to look up a piece of property on his own and it can't be done..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greene County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fourth graders showed off entrepreneurship (May '15) May '15 The Duke of Hazard 1
News The history of Old Town United Methodist Church (Oct '14) Oct '14 Barbara Layne 1
News Ohio tornado confirmed; rain spurs flooding threat (May '14) May '14 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Jesse Jackson coming to Dayton as commencement ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Net Nut 1
News Ohio trooper who hit motorcycle put on desk duty (Sep '13) Sep '13 KnarfOH 1
News Exclusive: Retailer plans first Dayton-area store (Jul '13) Jul '13 masterofconcretep... 1
News Xenia volleyball coach admits to sex charge (Sep '09) Dec '12 Chris 14
More from around the web