Cows have rights but humans also have...

Cows have rights but humans also have rights

Posted in the Greene County Forum

Pat Sullivan

AOL

#1 Jul 18, 2008
I have been a residence of E.Durham for 29 years. My neighbor who was living in her house for over 45 years had to sell because she could no longer do all the work.She sold about 2 years ago to a couple who are not good neighbors.They purchased 6 cows and put there water container no mor than 15 feet from my front door and about 30 feet from my well.Town officals claim they can do what they want w/there cows and if they wanted to put pigs there it up to them. They said Greene county is a rural community and there no law w/farms.I have these cows resting under my trees all morning standing up doing there duties,flies attacking us.We cannot sit on our front porch because of the fly conditon. What rights do I have,my children and my grandchildren?
Mark

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#2 Feb 10, 2009
Good neighbors Bad neighbors? Change? 6 cows, Hard to say who's right who's wrong. Now yes you are living in a rural community. How is the property lines set up? 15 feet from your ft door is were on their property? Im sure there are laws for farms just ones that dont suit your needs. You do have rights however they do too. Kind conversation goes a long way. Possiable its to late with your neighbors, but again kind conversation goes a long way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greene County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Greene Co. man arrested for allegedly assaultin... (Jan '16) Jan '16 No one 1
News Volunteer fire dept. treasurer accused of steal... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Dory56 1
News Police: Troy man arrested after invading elderl... (May '12) May '12 paulie 1
News Big pot bust in Greene County (Feb '11) Jan '12 Dear Ho 2
News Photos: Flood damage in Prattsville (Sep '11) Sep '11 Shirley Disbrow W... 1
News White Appears in Greene County Court to Face Mu... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Straight from a k... 1
News White Appears in Greene County Court to Face Mu... (Jul '11) Jul '11 true 23
More from around the web