Green County Optometrist Indicted for Medicaid Fraud

Apr 15, 2008 Full story: WBKO-TV Bowling Green 16

A Green County optometrist was indicted for Medicaid fraud. Investigators arrested 51-year-old Paul Patterson of Greensburg on April 11. via WBKO-TV Bowling Green

Full Story
cant belive

United States

#1 Apr 26, 2008
don't guess you know you can trust.
money today

Lexington, KY

#2 Apr 27, 2008
IT,S all about the money. TIME is getting really bad what this world coming to?YOUR be surprize who else has did the same thing and not got caught .
Marvin

Campbellsville, KY

#3 May 8, 2008
money today wrote:
IT,S all about the money. TIME is getting really bad what this world coming to?YOUR be surprize who else has did the same thing and not got caught .
I bet this brought his wifes big head down out of the clouds She really thinks she is something special.
Wonder if they go to church at Bethlehem
kira martin

United States

#4 May 11, 2008
he will be in jail for along time
kira martin

United States

#5 May 11, 2008
he will be in jail for along time
Reverend Mouse

Hodgenville, KY

#6 May 11, 2008
Medicaid is famous for paying then coming back and destroying Doctors, and services that bill Medicaid. They are not like an insurance company where one knows what is billable and what is not. I think it is a shame that people go to jail when a lot of times there was no criminal intent. Medicaid is difficult to deal with.
Hey

United States

#7 May 11, 2008
that's crap, he knew what he was doing
i know

Russell Springs, KY

#8 May 11, 2008
i worked for dr patterson for almost a year and i actually done some of the insurance handling, and i know for a fact that medicaid is very hard to deal with because they change the billing codes without you even knowing it. you wouldnt find out about it until you had claims coming back that they didn't pay because of a code being wrong. so now i dont think that he done anything wrong, i think it is medicaids way of trying to get some more money out of a good doctor....love ya dr and ms patterson!!!
I pray too

United States

#9 Jun 10, 2008
It is common knowledge that any child coming in with a medical card is leaving with glasses.I wasn't warned before we went to him and all three of my sons received glasses. Had them retested after his arrest, and two of them had 20/20 vision. He could have ruined thier eyesight, just to make a dollar.
sam

United States

#10 Jun 10, 2008
When I first moved here I was looking for some good doctors and everyone that I came in contact with warned me not to take my kids to Dr. patterson's office. They told me that if my kids ever wind up with a medical card then they will get services that really weren't needed. He is not the only doctor that has done this though. Another doctor gave two of my kids glasses and later on I took them somewhere else and their vision was not perfect, but the doctor said that it didn't warrant glasses. A friend of mine told me that she went once a year and got new glasses every time. She went to a new doctor and they said that her vision had changed, but not enough to warrant new glasses.
Anon

Campbellsville, KY

#11 Jun 11, 2008
Neither my mom nor I can take our children to get new glasses because he claimed 3 pairs of glasses for two of her children that only got 1 and 2 pairs. Her other child had 2 pairs claimed on him and he only received 1. My child had 2 pairs claimed and only received one. We haven't had their eyes rechecked yet, but hopefully we won't find out he's also been giving them glasses of the wrong prescription. This was more than just a mistake, this was intentional. We have both called the fraud hot line on him as well
HELLION

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 May 11, 2010
Marvin wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet this brought his wifes big head down out of the clouds She really thinks she is something special.
Wonder if they go to church at Bethlehem
Whats the comment bout Bethlehem for?, maybe you should read the Bible or attend church!!, people make mistakes!!, are you perfect?, maybe behind the computer but not from God!!
just wondering

Campbellsville, KY

#13 May 24, 2010
i doubt if he does any time. Remember a few yrs back and Dr Feltner was charged and found guilty of basically the same thing and he never did a day and he is still practicing.
just wondering

Campbellsville, KY

#14 May 24, 2010
On the post from Marvin, that was totally uncalled for. That was just TACKY and you need to apologize. Shame
Fraud

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Jun 2, 2010
I remember that just wondering. In fact I thought Dr. Patterson had been in some trouble like this before.
pat

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Jun 3, 2010
sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ridiculous Oct '14 Joseph 3
Green County Music Thread Sep '14 Musikologist 1
Ocean Liner Restaurant (Apr '14) Apr '14 Thomas 1
Arson Investigation in Green County (Mar '14) Apr '14 connie mother 5
Green County Couple Charged with Sex Crimes (Jun '12) Mar '14 Concern 7
auctins (Jan '14) Jan '14 teresa 1
Mrs. Mary Ann Simpson, Green Co., KY (Jan '14) Jan '14 Keaton despain 1
More from around the web