Another inmate kills self in county detention center

Feb 11, 2009 Full story: Grayson News Gazette 19

For the second time in less than a year an inmate at the Grayson County Detention Center has committed suicide.

Full Story
Kentucky

Vincent, OH

#1 Feb 26, 2009
About two years ago another man was found dead.People get hurt in jail. Check pass
history there is a big story here.If you are going to get arrested, make sure its not carter county.
madcitizen

New Albany, IN

#2 Oct 28, 2009
I knew angela and she is deeply missed, I also know the gc jail system and how dirty, unpreffessional and disfunctional they are, I mean for god's sake how many times have they been sued and paid out just to keep out of court for other "mishappens", Angela was a wondererful person and I feel so sorry for her family. Something should be done about this. Suicide watch is suicide watch for a reason, someone was not doing there job. As usual maybe they were straping someone down and beating them "as has happened before" they paid out good for that one. This jail is a joke, and they do believe they are above the law. But as long as there are dirty people running the jail it will continue to be this way. I also was born and raised in gc, moved away few years ago, but to angela's family... I am so sorry for your loss, and sue the hell out of them cause they deserve it..........
madcitizen

New Albany, IN

#3 Oct 28, 2009
You know the sad part is that her family was lied to for two hours when they showed up to visit her. They didn't even tell them she was dead. This jail should be evaluated by another juristdiction cause everyone has everyone in their pocket. And for the one that said you have full confidence in the jail system, Who's pocket are you in? This is rediculous, could have been prevented and someone should pay for their mistake. The family will never get to see her again, her friends will never get to see her again and why? Because the jailers wasn't doing their job. Sad, Sad, Sad...... How do they sleep on their pillow's at night? Because I'm sure her family doesn't and her child will be raised without her mother, for the jails mistake... No matter what she did, she didn't deserve this. Yes I am furious because I knew her, her family and this is ludacris..........
watev

Greenup, KY

#4 Apr 28, 2010
That place need to be took over by the State.
dhwbn

Lexington, KY

#5 Jun 11, 2010
it is a state opperated facillity,so whats that say for judicial system in kentucky!!!!!
What Matters

Glendale, KY

#6 Jun 17, 2010
I agree with everyone, there is no reason for anyone to die or get beaten in jail. The lazy ass deputys are to busy seeing who they can make out with, and sitting on their butts to do their jobs. Go up there sometimes and all you see is a bucnh of the deputys sitting around have fun, when they should be making rounds checking out what is going on in there. They are several who really need to be in weigh watchers, because they are so fat and can't do their jobs. Darwin needs to address these issues and do something about them. Fire a few lazy butts and the others will start doing better.
how they are

Hodgenville, KY

#7 Jun 22, 2010
What Matters wrote:
I agree with everyone, there is no reason for anyone to die or get beaten in jail. The lazy ass deputys are to busy seeing who they can make out with, and sitting on their butts to do their jobs. Go up there sometimes and all you see is a bucnh of the deputys sitting around have fun, when they should be making rounds checking out what is going on in there. They are several who really need to be in weigh watchers, because they are so fat and can't do their jobs. Darwin needs to address these issues and do something about them. Fire a few lazy butts and the others will start doing better.
How would Darwin do anything about it,he is never there and if he was there he would have Jason Woosley do it for him.
need new jailer

Hodgenville, KY

#8 Jun 22, 2010
watev wrote:
That place need to be took over by the State.
No just need a new jailer,I hope the people of Grayson County realises how bad things are at the jail and vote for Escue !!
oops

Milton, FL

#9 Jul 3, 2010
they should check the trustees and jailers i here you can get whatever you want in there.
Pirate

Harvest, AL

#10 Jul 9, 2010
U can get 30 for pot and30 for whipping someones ass wtf which one would u rather see happen in town. War OR Hippies.....LMAO
concerned citizen

San Francisco, CA

#11 Aug 2, 2011
What Matters wrote:
Perhaps instead of everyone on here bitching about the gaurds, they should spend more time keeping their idiot family memebers, friends and family out of the facility to begin with.
concerned citizen

San Francisco, CA

#12 Aug 2, 2011
Perhaps instead of everyone on here bitching about the gaurds, they should spend more time keeping their idiot family memebers, friends and family out of the facility to begin with.
In the light

Anonymous Proxy

#13 Feb 29, 2012
Is this another private for-profit jail that has shareholders? If so, maybe they were cutting corners. Yes, there are many for-profit jails/detention centers out there so it is possible. Do some research. You will see they exist. Fact.
In the light

Anonymous Proxy

#14 Feb 29, 2012
About the pot issue, it is legal in a few countries that are FAR SUPERIOR to the USA. Sweden, Netherlands, in Canada you get a ticket, throughout Europe almost the same.

Rich kids smoke it all the time in America. How many of those guys end up in detention centers? It is called selective enforcment. Read about it. They use the people who are NOT well connected enough to get decent jobs to fill those for-profit detention centers to create jobs well connected idiots.
Lol

Evansville, IN

#15 Jul 12, 2012
I think this jail should be shut down to it sounds like a he'll hole other county jails ain't this bad
phillip

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Aug 29, 2012
I've done quite a bit of time in grayson co. It is a great jail compared to other county jails.The guards are good people for the most part and most of them do their jobs.They treat you with respect and like a human being.Most of them don't judge you.They feed you decent for jail.Remember we're not talking about the holiday inn.If you don't like it stay at the house!As far as the jailer goes he does a good job,and his chief deputy also does a good job.They run a tight ship but treat you decent at the same time.So take it from someone that knows from experience as far as county jails go it's decent.
very concerneds sister

Radcliff, KY

#17 Oct 12, 2012
phillip wrote:
I've done quite a bit of time in grayson co. It is a great jail compared to other county jails.The guards are good people for the most part and most of them do their jobs.They treat you with respect and like a human being.Most of them don't judge you.They feed you decent for jail.Remember we're not talking about the holiday inn.If you don't like it stay at the house!As far as the jailer goes he does a good job,and his chief deputy also does a good job.They run a tight ship but treat you decent at the same time.So take it from someone that knows from experience as far as county jails go it's decent.
you wouldnt know any hayes?
very concerneds sister

Radcliff, KY

#18 Oct 12, 2012
i am looking for my two brothers, they were adopted, our birth mother was named sandy, her maiden name was hardin, but my brothers are named, christopher david, and phillip david. my name is jenny hardin bury, and i have been searching for my brothers for years! if you know then or somebody that might know them, plz let me know!
concerned mother

Brandenburg, KY

#19 Mar 22, 2014
yeah well I know they mix rapist, murders and Federal with week endears and those severing time for misdemeanors. I think the staff gets off on watching the abuse being done to those less innocent of crimes. I think maybe a possible STAFF serial killer... Maybe sound crazy but it happens and there is too much evil being done by staff at that hell hell. OLD ASS Rita nurse needs to hang her self!! What about the vet doc found hung??? he was a good man from a good family!!! There is a hell open and waiting for these evil staff and all involved for being dirty!! AND TO concerned citizen
South San Francisco, CA
Aug 2, 2011
I bet my ass you have some in your family with drug problems, which is the main causes for these inmates. They need help NOT to be tortured!! BUT RUN it k, cause what goes around comes around!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother of four missing from Caneyville (Jun '13) Dec 10 happygirl 15
Free Nov '14 Peoplez 1
i need confuse Nov '14 Brian 4
"Alison Grimes Doubles Down on 4-Pinnochio Clai... Oct '14 Read it in the paper 1
Ali Huff (Mar '13) Oct '14 missinherlikecrazy 2
Dillon Crain (Oct '13) Oct '14 missinherlikecrazy 2
does anyone know jerrika combs? had a one night... Oct '14 missinherlikecrazy 1
More from around the web