TLRMC officially opens new expansion

TLRMC officially opens new expansion

There are 13 comments on the Grayson News Gazette story from Feb 8, 2011, titled TLRMC officially opens new expansion. In it, Grayson News Gazette reports that:

Many were in attendance to support the grand opening of the $15 million expansion for Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Grayson News Gazette.

Something Good

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Feb 9, 2011
Congratulations to TLRMC! This is great for our hospital and our county! Keep up the good work!
yeah

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Feb 10, 2011
only thing that goes on there is everyone sleeping around with everyone.
happy

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Feb 10, 2011
We should all be proud that Grayson County has such an up to date hospital with excellent medical staffing. This is positive spending of my tax dollars. Where else in a small rural area could you find a hospital of this caliper? Think about it!!!!!!!!
Thank you to every one that works at TLRMC.
Not rocket science

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Feb 10, 2011
Well, I'll agree that it is spending of our tax dollars, anyway.
Signed

Mammoth Cave, KY

#5 Feb 10, 2011
happy wrote:
We should all be proud that Grayson County has such an up to date hospital with excellent medical staffing. This is positive spending of my tax dollars. Where else in a small rural area could you find a hospital of this caliper? Think about it!!!!!!!!
Thank you to every one that works at TLRMC.
Signed, the guy who owns TLRMC.
Something Good

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Feb 10, 2011
Not rocket science wrote:
Well, I'll agree that it is spending of our tax dollars, anyway.
Your statement makes no sense whatsoever. Why shouldn't Grayson County get its share of tax dollars? Would you prefer not to have a hospital and let everyone and their money go to Louisville, Elizabethtown or Bowling Green. The hospital contributes millions of dollars each year to the local economy. It provides good stable employment for hundreds. Why would you want to criticize it? If you are complaining about the property tax, you are talking about $40 a year if you own a $100,000 home. That is a tank of gas. You will burn that up many times over driving back and forth to the big city to get health care. You had better wake up and smell the roses. This hospital is good for our community. Or would you prefer to be Edmonson or Butler County?
Thin excuse

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Feb 10, 2011
Something Good wrote:
<quoted text>Your statement makes no sense whatsoever. Why shouldn't Grayson County get its share of tax dollars? Would you prefer not to have a hospital and let everyone and their money go to Louisville, Elizabethtown or Bowling Green. The hospital contributes millions of dollars each year to the local economy. It provides good stable employment for hundreds. Why would you want to criticize it? If you are complaining about the property tax, you are talking about $40 a year if you own a $100,000 home. That is a tank of gas. You will burn that up many times over driving back and forth to the big city to get health care. You had better wake up and smell the roses. This hospital is good for our community. Or would you prefer to be Edmonson or Butler County?
Looks like I hit a nerve. If TLRMC can afford to build on, they can probably afford to significantly reduce the $40 a year tax in your example. The tax has been reduced before and could be again, that would be good for our community as well.
St Hicky

Columbia, KY

#8 Feb 10, 2011
that's lovely..now you have even more places to wait around and be ignored by the "caring professionals." Don't bleed on their new carpets y'all. They're might kick ya out. LMAO!!!!
Something Good

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Feb 10, 2011
Thin excuse wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like I hit a nerve. If TLRMC can afford to build on, they can probably afford to significantly reduce the $40 a year tax in your example. The tax has been reduced before and could be again, that would be good for our community as well.
Yes, you have. I have very little tolerance for ignorance and people who only know how to condemn and criticize. If people worked as hard to make this a better community as they do to tear it down, we would be amazed at the positive progress we could make. But, let's be like you and continue to curse the darkness.
Something Good

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Feb 10, 2011
St Hicky wrote:
that's lovely..now you have even more places to wait around and be ignored by the "caring professionals." Don't bleed on their new carpets y'all. They're might kick ya out. LMAO!!!!
Please refer to my previous post.
Not rocket science

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Feb 11, 2011
Something Good wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you have. I have very little tolerance for ignorance and people who only know how to condemn and criticize. If people worked as hard to make this a better community as they do to tear it down, we would be amazed at the positive progress we could make. But, let's be like you and continue to curse the darkness.
I share your intolerance for ignorance, but my own "nerve" is people who get fixated on their pet project and lose sight of everything else. There are people in our county to whom the $15 or $20 tax on their modest house is money they have to steal from the grocery list to pay. And to see this $ millions expansion after paying that tax a few weeks ago is a slap in the face.

I'm all for expansion, IF it can be done without tax increases, and better yet, perhaps allow the facility to bring in revenue that would be used to reduce or eliminate the now many year old property tax levy.
Something Good

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Feb 11, 2011
Not rocket science wrote:
<quoted text>
I share your intolerance for ignorance, but my own "nerve" is people who get fixated on their pet project and lose sight of everything else. There are people in our county to whom the $15 or $20 tax on their modest house is money they have to steal from the grocery list to pay. And to see this $ millions expansion after paying that tax a few weeks ago is a slap in the face.
I'm all for expansion, If it can be done without tax increases, and better yet, perhaps allow the facility to bring in revenue that would be used to reduce or eliminate the now many year old property tax levy.
Well, Brainiac, if you would do your research before your shoot your mouth off you would see that this is the only tax in this county that has decreased over the years. It was originally 10 cents per $100 when it started and now it is 4 cents per $100. The growth creates jobs which spreads the tax liability to more people therefore reducing the overall tax burden for everyone. That $15 to $20 you are talking about is a bargain compared to what you would have to pay for gasoline to drive back and forth to Louisville, Bowling Green or Elizabethtown for helath care you can now get locally. I guess you would rather buy gasoline than groceries, but in your mind, that's okay. You can't see the forest for the trees. You are one of those people who want to complain for the sake of complaining but never offer anything positive. Typical Grayson County.
lucky

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Feb 11, 2011
Something Good wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Brainiac, if you would do your research before your shoot your mouth off you would see that this is the only tax in this county that has decreased over the years. It was originally 10 cents per $100 when it started and now it is 4 cents per $100. The growth creates jobs which spreads the tax liability to more people therefore reducing the overall tax burden for everyone. That $15 to $20 you are talking about is a bargain compared to what you would have to pay for gasoline to drive back and forth to Louisville, Bowling Green or Elizabethtown for helath care you can now get locally. I guess you would rather buy gasoline than groceries, but in your mind, that's okay. You can't see the forest for the trees. You are one of those people who want to complain for the sake of complaining but never offer anything positive. Typical Grayson County.
Said perfectly!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grayson County teacher charged with sodomy afte... May 24 Pssst 17
News Mother claims Grayson County Schools knew about... May 23 rattle snake 2
News Sharp named KSP public affairs officer May 20 Shortened 1
News The latest teacher charged is also the brother ... May 20 Shortened 4
News Absentee voting now in progress May 20 Shortened 1
News The stars come out to Potter's Hope May 20 Shortened 1
News GCSO remodels, expands office space May 15 JackWagon 6