Double-billing by commissioner referr...

Double-billing by commissioner referred to DA

There are 9 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Feb 26, 2009, titled Double-billing by commissioner referred to DA. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

State Auditor Hector Balderas has referred double billing by a Grant County commissioner to the district attorney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

EddietheP

Odessa, TX

#1 Feb 26, 2009
and isn't her hubby the county treasurer??????????
My Opinion

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Feb 26, 2009
Embezzlement by a politician. She needs to go to prison.

Since: Oct 08

Clovis, NM

#3 Feb 26, 2009
But I paid it after I got caught, so I didn't do anything wrong. The gull of this politicians. Get caught stealing and want to make it right by paying it back and probably will get off.
My Opinion

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Feb 26, 2009
If it was one of us, we'd be facing charges and doing time for embezzlement. People need to complain about this one.
hude

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Feb 26, 2009
she is buds with the DA...nothing will happen...won't even see a follow up story on KOB

“The Travelling Grandpa!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 Feb 26, 2009
EddietheP wrote:
and isn't her hubby the county treasurer??????????
Same last name...
Serena C

Boise, ID

#7 Feb 27, 2009
CornDaddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Same last name...
Yes he is...there is an article on scsun-news.com that shows that states that not only is he her husband and the county treasurer, but his records were messed up. In addition, it states that they recently filed for bankruptcy, go figure!
Serena C

Boise, ID

#8 Feb 27, 2009
Embezzlement isn't a huge deal to prosecutors. Does anyone ever know what happened to Jeff Carbajal? Look at the whole CYFD scandal that broke out in Silver. Of all the people involved only one got sentenced to prison. Everyone else got away scott free, well with probabtion...same difference. Sad, sad, sad...and people wonder why our economy is in the shitter. Monetary greed!
Serena C

Boise, ID

#9 Feb 27, 2009
Here's the article:

http://www.scsun-news.com/ci_11788201...

She's also on the Senior Services Board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grant County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 rancher renounces federal grazing contract at... Jan 25 Vcubed 1
News Commissioners approve preliminary budget (Jun '15) Jun '15 Mimbrenaenm 3
News Lawsuit filed in federal court alleges murder c... (Jul '14) May '15 Pepper Dine 2
News Horror: Police force man to undergo invasive an... (Nov '13) Nov '13 careful out there 1
News Southern NM teen birth rates fall, still above ... (May '13) May '13 vega 1
News Grijalva bound over to district court on child ... (Mar '13) May '13 vega 2
News Silver City Warrant roundup nets 32 arrests (Mar '13) Mar '13 interesting 1
More from around the web