Two views on the North Shore Road: Government's promise should ...

Growing up as a child in Graham County, I spent most of my time with my grandfather on his farm, working in the hay and tobacco fields or taking care of his cattle. Full Story
Teresa

United States

#1 Apr 6, 2007
From here to Wasington's and God's ears---yes build the ROAD
Ronald Frobnitz

United States

#2 Apr 6, 2007
Sen. Dole and both Tennessee Republican senators favor the cash settlement. Rep. Shuler has support across party lines for the settlement.
jaxter

United States

#3 Apr 6, 2007
Build the road like you said you would - This road was promised and should be built! Sierra Club be damned! These people were here long before all the transplants and should get what they were promised!
Ronald Frobnitz

United States

#4 Apr 6, 2007
jaxter wrote:
Build the road like you said you would - This road was promised and should be built! Sierra Club be damned! These people were here long before all the transplants and should get what they were promised!
I've talked to Swain County natives including a former county commissioner and a retired school teacher who strongly favor the cash settlement. These folks are not influenced by transplants or the Sierra Club. They just know what is best for their community. They don't need someone from Charlotte butting in on this.
hazelcreek

United States

#5 Apr 6, 2007
Ronald Frobnitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've talked to Swain County natives including a former county commissioner and a retired school teacher who strongly favor the cash settlement. These folks are not influenced by transplants or the Sierra Club. They just know what is best for their community. They don't need someone from Charlotte butting in on this.
We who support the road include former educators as wll as commissioners also and we represent memebers of both Partys as well.
Did you select which people to talk to?
Ronald Frobnitz

United States

#6 Apr 6, 2007
hazelcreek wrote:
<quoted text>
We who support the road include former educators as wll as commissioners also and we represent memebers of both Partys as well.
Did you select which people to talk to?


No, I didn't select whom to talk to. It was by chance that I had a conversation with them.
facts man

United States

#7 Apr 7, 2007
Build a road to some where not to NO WHERE.If people think this ROAD would bring more business to Bryson city just ride down the dragons tail one time and you won't do it again.This needs to be solved --but there has been support from all parties for the past 60 years and still no road no money.Hopefully this will get solved and soon!
9th Generation American

Candler, NC

#8 Apr 8, 2007
They do what they always do,,, stall, stall, stall until you either take the pitiful crumb they do decide to give you or you get nothing. Tennessee doesn't want a road because it takes away from them and Shuler may have gotten elected here in NC but his heart lies with Tennessee and he will stick it to all of us North Carolinians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robbinsville football coach resigns (May '08) Nov '13 Black Knight 39
Why is everyone on robbinsville cheating? (Jan '11) May '13 Travis Rogers 2
Corridor K isn't a magic bullet for western cou... (May '12) May '13 Travis Rogers 2
Skyway closed indefinitely (Jan '13) May '13 Travis Rogers 4
Graham roads to be repaved (Aug '12) May '13 Travis Rogers 2
Unemployment improves after February dip (May '12) May '12 Big Boy 1
drugs (Feb '11) Feb '11 boi 1
More from around the web