Graham school board ends fight for ra...

Graham school board ends fight for random drug testing

There are 5 comments on the The Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jun 18, 2009, titled Graham school board ends fight for random drug testing. In it, The Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

With the conclusion of a more than two-year legal fight, Graham County educators won't face random tests for drugs and alcohol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Asheville Citizen-Times.

Graham County

United States

#1 Aug 27, 2009
They should have random drug test its only right those teachers are with our children 8 hours of a day or more and in there hands when they go on feild trips all schools should have random drug test for teachers,adminerstraighter,and students,bus drivers if not so then kids shouldn't go and all be homeschooled!
Bob

Riverview, FL

#2 Sep 17, 2009
u fail graham county, or watever ur name is 10 year old kid, find a life

Since: Jul 09

Spartanburg, SC

#3 Sep 17, 2009
Graham County wrote:
...adminerstraighter...
Bwahahahahahahahahah!!!!
g8way2k

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Sep 25, 2009
My reply is: It goes both ways..a proverbial 2 way street as they call it. It is of my experience that the cause for safety leans toward teachers and administrators. I dare say the odds of a high student in class far outweights the possibility of a teacher or administrator under the influence. And yes, 6-8 hours daily. So you tell me. What do you think?

“VotedFavorite ScreamingLunatic”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5 Sep 25, 2009
I think if it is not constitutional to randomly test teachers it should not be constitutional to randomly test anybody, including students.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Robbinsville football coach resigns (May '08) Apr 3 Timmy_ 42
watch out for a local thief (Aug '15) Aug '15 oletimer 1
Backhoe (Jul '15) Jul '15 odom 1
Who voted for the so Smart Sheriff? (Mar '15) Mar '15 Bubaaaaaaa 1
Why is everyone on robbinsville cheating? (Jan '11) May '13 Travis Rogers 2
News Corridor K isn't a magic bullet for western cou... (May '12) May '13 Travis Rogers 2
News Skyway closed indefinitely (Jan '13) May '13 Travis Rogers 4
More from around the web