Groups aim to defeat tripling of transfer tax

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Realtors and home builders from across the state have given more than $100,000 to defeat five WNC counties' attempts to raise taxes.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 23 of23
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Willie

Hayesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

[QUOTE who="
Must be a democrat.[/QUOTE]

Oh contraire my dear, I am a CARD CARRYING Republican!! Reagan is my hero.
Royal Pain

Linden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

MaconRealtor, I love your remarks. I can't believe that the N.C. Realtors Association has allowed itself to become part of the right-wing, anti-government groups like Americans for Prosperity and the John Locke Foundation. If ever a group benefits from the investments made in public infrastructure (roads, schools, transportation, parks, libraries, etc.) it is the realtors! Who wants to move into an area with bad schools, congested roads, no jobs, no cultural attractions? Nobody. So the realtors benefit from all the investments made by government in infrastructure but don't want to see their fair share be paid. For shame.
Willie

Hayesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Royal Pain wrote:
MaconRealtor, I love your remarks. I can't believe that the N.C. Realtors Association has allowed itself to become part of the right-wing, anti-government groups like Americans for Prosperity and the John Locke Foundation. If ever a group benefits from the investments made in public infrastructure (roads, schools, transportation, parks, libraries, etc.) it is the realtors! Who wants to move into an area with bad schools, congested roads, no jobs, no cultural attractions? Nobody. So the realtors benefit from all the investments made by government in infrastructure but don't want to see their fair share be paid. For shame.
Well said Royal!! You are 100% correct. The first things that come out of the realtors mouth here(and rightfully so) is how good the schools are here. They even take them by for a drive thru. Keeping the infrastructure modern will only help real estate sales in WNC!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 23 of23
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Graham County Discussions

Search the Graham County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Robbinsville football coach resigns (May '08) Nov '13 Black Knight 39
Why is everyone on robbinsville cheating? (Jan '11) May '13 Travis Rogers 2
Corridor K isn't a magic bullet for western cou... (May '12) May '13 Travis Rogers 2
Skyway closed indefinitely (Jan '13) May '13 Travis Rogers 4
Graham roads to be repaved (Aug '12) May '13 Travis Rogers 2
Unemployment improves after February dip (May '12) May '12 Big Boy 1
drugs (Feb '11) Feb '11 boi 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••