Friends remember victims of Brunswick...

Friends remember victims of Brunswick massacre

There are 46 comments on the Augusta Chronicle story from Sep 2, 2009, titled Friends remember victims of Brunswick massacre. In it, Augusta Chronicle reports that:

Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2009 7:37 a.m. These are the stories of the eight people who were found slain in a mobile home park near Brunswick, Ga., on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Augusta Chronicle.

va2pcfl

Panama City, FL

#21 Sep 4, 2009
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Typically, according to US DOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics, most murdered persons knew their attacker(s).
How's this equate to "most"?
What the exact US DOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics states:
"For murder victims, 43% were related to or acquainted with their assailants; 14% of victims were murdered by strangers, while 43% of victims had an unknown relationship to their murderer in 2002." http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/cvict_c.htm#rela...

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#22 Sep 4, 2009
va2pcfl wrote:
<quoted text>
How's this equate to "most"?
What the exact US DOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics states:
"For murder victims, 43% were related to or acquainted with their assailants; 14% of victims were murdered by strangers, while 43% of victims had an unknown relationship to their murderer in 2002." http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/cvict_c.htm#rela...
14% of murder victims were strangers.

Since: Aug 09

Morrisville, PA

#23 Sep 5, 2009
I live in Pennsylvania, and when this story broke on our news, it was unbelieveable! So I do NOT know all the "in's & out's " of this HORRIBLE slaying of an entire family.
But I would like to know how one person could beat to death 7 adults and two children killing 8 of the 9, leaving a small child fighting for his life.
If only one person was to have done this, he would have had to shot the adults first and with an automatic weapon to get them all down at the same time. Then why would you beat them after shooting them?
And our news said it was in a community trailor Park. If so, where did no one else hear the shots and call 911?
The police are keeping a lot "close to their chest" because I say one person could NOT go in anywhere where 7 adults live and start beating them to death one by one,
happydancer

Lake City, FL

#24 Sep 7, 2009
There but for the gace of God go I or you or anybody. Be careful what you say or do it ususlly comes back to haunt you.
I LIve Here

White House, TN

#25 Sep 7, 2009
debbieo wrote:
I live in Pennsylvania, and when this story broke on our news, it was unbelieveable! So I do NOT know all the "in's & out's " of this HORRIBLE slaying of an entire family.
But I would like to know how one person could beat to death 7 adults and two children killing 8 of the 9, leaving a small child fighting for his life.
If only one person was to have done this, he would have had to shot the adults first and with an automatic weapon to get them all down at the same time. Then why would you beat them after shooting them?
And our news said it was in a community trailor Park. If so, where did no one else hear the shots and call 911?
The police are keeping a lot "close to their chest" because I say one person could NOT go in anywhere where 7 adults live and start beating them to death one by one,
Nice to know YOU have gotten to the bottom of this crime and know enough of the details to pass judgement! One person could and DID do this. One blow with the right implement while a person is sleeping - they would never regain conciousness. Do us a favor and go to the police academy for some real training - turn off CSI - and let our police force handle this.

Since: Sep 09

White House, TN

#26 Sep 7, 2009
I LIve Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to know YOU have gotten to the bottom of this crime and know enough of the details to pass judgement! One person could and DID do this. One blow with the right implement while a person is sleeping - they would never regain conciousness. Do us a favor and go to the police academy for some real training - turn off CSI - and let our police force handle this.
In that persons defense we are all entitled to our oppinions. They aren't saying that is what happened they are just making a guess. No harm in that.
Jesus

Jefferson, GA

#27 Sep 7, 2009
I just saw the news footage on CNN....what are they feeding those heifers down there...every female on the screen young and old was over 200 pounds.....might be a poor area...but the ladies aren't missing ANY meals.

White House, TN

#28 Sep 8, 2009
Jesus wrote:
I just saw the news footage on CNN....what are they feeding those heifers down there...every female on the screen young and old was over 200 pounds.....might be a poor area...but the ladies aren't missing ANY meals.
Actually low income families are usually overweight because they cannot afford nutritious food (like fresh fruits and vegetables). Instead they opt for the cheaper processsed foods which last longer in the pantry but are full of empty calories and have little to no nutritional value.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#29 Sep 8, 2009
Jesus wrote:
What do peoples weight have to do with this horrible crime?
Ignorance such as yours should be a crime.

Since: Aug 09

Morrisville, PA

#30 Sep 8, 2009
Like I said, I live in PA, we got very little info other then the death count. It did not say what time of day, afternoon, evening, night, early morning that this horrible crime happened. Now from what you said "while they were sleeping" Then yes one person could do this. I do not live down there so you do NOT have to be so rude!!!! You could have just answered back, "this could be done by 1 person, if it was done while they all slept" That is what is wrong with this world we live in today. Disrespect for others, being rude, and assuming you know everything. Treat others as you would want to be treated yourself!
I LIve Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious

White House, TN

#31 Sep 8, 2009
debbieo wrote:
Like I said, I live in PA, we got very little info other then the death count. It did not say what time of day, afternoon, evening, night, early morning that this horrible crime happened. Now from what you said "while they were sleeping" Then yes one person could do this. I do not live down there so you do NOT have to be so rude!!!! You could have just answered back, "this could be done by 1 person, if it was done while they all slept" That is what is wrong with this world we live in today. Disrespect for others, being rude, and assuming you know everything. Treat others as you would want to be treated yourself!
<quoted text>
I agree with "I live here" - People have flocked to our local boards, with their insults to the local people, and ridiculing our law enforcement. This guy visciously slaughtered his entire family - no conspirosy or cover -ups.... he did it!
TTO

Savannah, GA

#32 Sep 9, 2009
Jesus wrote:
foodstamps........and lots of beer.
TTO

Savannah, GA

#33 Sep 9, 2009
Phrisbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually low income families are usually overweight because they cannot afford nutritious food (like fresh fruits and vegetables). Instead they opt for the cheaper processsed foods which last longer in the pantry but are full of empty calories and have little to no nutritional value.
Give me a break. If I got $500 a month foodstamps for goceries I could eat healthy. It's funny that us who have to pay for their food tend not to eat as much! Most on food stamps are not going to cook anyway.........
sick of druggies

Savannah, GA

#34 Sep 9, 2009
This family had prior involvement with the police. The kids ( not the 3 YO and probably not the DS Teen) all had prior involvement with the police, juvenile authorities or DFACS. They lived like animals....9 people piled in a two bedroom trailer( they were being evicted!!). There were report of how filthy the home was. I am not saying being poor/or choosing to be a poor drug addict caused the deaths, but I am sure it was a huge contributing factor.

I hope when the 3 yo is well he is placed with competent family or in a home were he doesn't have to live in filth or with drug addicts.

White House, TN

#35 Sep 9, 2009
TTO wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break. If I got $500 a month foodstamps for goceries I could eat healthy. It's funny that us who have to pay for their food tend not to eat as much! Most on food stamps are not going to cook anyway.........
Well I am just stating what I LEARNED in my economics class. I am not assuming like you are when you over generalize like that. Not ALL poor people are on food stamps and not ALL the ones that are on it abuse it. I know several single mom's on food stamps who work full time and go to school full time. It isn't right for you to sit there and judge when you yourself have not been faced poverty. But wow, this whole conversation is unnecessary considering that a family has been massacred. This thread is to discuss the case, not discuss the economic status of the people of Brunswick.
blacksheep

United States

#36 Sep 9, 2009
debbieo wrote:
I agree completely. It is impossible for one person to pull off. I think they have the wrong guy! Reports in Savannah, GA first said the victims were shot, then said bludgeoned-either way he would have had to kill each one quietly, clean himself up, see his brother who said he didn't do it, go back to the scene and then call police. Wheres the bloody clothes, the murder weapon(s) they said all the suspect had on him was marijuana. Hell, EVERYONE I know who smokes is very laid back and nonviolent. These inexperienced backwoods cops have screwed up the case. We may never know !!!!!!!!!! Keep the faith Guy Jr. There are those of us who believe in you.
blacksheep

United States

#37 Sep 9, 2009
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with "I live here" - People have flocked to our local boards, with their insults to the local people, and ridiculing our law enforcement. This guy visciously slaughtered his entire family - no conspirosy or cover -ups.... he did it!
How do you know? Were you there? Do you know the guy? People who do are reading your comments and some of us including his brother, grandfather, friends etc. say otherwise. Isn't it innocent until proven guilty. These country cops aren't used to this kind of crime and the FBI was not called in immediately. What are the odds mistakes were made.
Crusader

United States

#38 Sep 9, 2009
Hey Blacksheep- maybe you can get him released and he can stay with you and your family untill the trial.........
Tuxedo Junction

Rincon, GA

#39 Sep 9, 2009
blacksheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely. It is impossible for one person to pull off. I think they have the wrong guy! Reports in Savannah, GA first said the victims were shot, then said bludgeoned-either way he would have had to kill each one quietly, clean himself up, see his brother who said he didn't do it, go back to the scene and then call police. Wheres the bloody clothes, the murder weapon(s) they said all the suspect had on him was marijuana. Hell, EVERYONE I know who smokes is very laid back and nonviolent. These inexperienced backwoods cops have screwed up the case. We may never know !!!!!!!!!! Keep the faith Guy Jr. There are those of us who believe in you.
Jesus, blacksheep....how do you know one person pulled it off? Have the Glynn Co. Police announced that they are not pursuing any further suspects? Nope. Don't believe so. What evidence (of that which has been released) has convinced you that the veteran investigators at Glynn Co. P/D have arrested the wrong guy? Please post the news report which stated that the victims were shot. I'm glad that everyone you knows who smokes (marijuana?) is non-violent and laid back, but has Glynn Co. P/D released any information as to whether the suspect arrested had smoked or ingested any substance? Nope, don't believe so. How do you know what he might or might not have been under the influence of? And if you think Matt Doering is an inexperienced, backwoods cop, you are completely clueless! Matt Doering is one of the most seasoned homicide investigators in this end of GA. Be for the suspect all you want, but just keep an open mind. And if it turns out in the end that the suspect is not all that you believe...be faithful to the victims. They deserve your unwavering support.
blacksheep

United States

#40 Sep 9, 2009
TTO wrote:
<quoted text>
Lost my job this year. Had to go on Food Stamps for the first time to feed my kids. We eat great, we eat healthy, we are not fat and I cook all meals at home. Work is improving but without the help I would not have made it. Using food stamps does not mean you are a poor fat drug addict living in substandard conditions. I live in a nice kept house in a quiet neighborhood. The food stamps were a safety net I have greatly appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glynn County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Very Poor Example! May 9 Disgusted and Fed Up 1
News Report: GOP Leaders Met With Elon Musk, Tim Coo... Mar '16 biten back 1
News Home invader pistol whips man, leaves with cash Feb '16 Curious 1
News Boy, 10, mauled by pit bulls (May '07) Jan '16 Downsoutht 15
News The heartwarming reason a 91-year-old veteran i... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Debra Davis 1
Caroline Small's Murder (Jul '15) Jul '15 civilliberty 4
News Student faces weapons charge Tyler Heinze, 17, ... (Mar '11) Apr '15 UKk 19
More from around the web