Friends remember victims of Brunswick massacre

Sep 2, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Augusta Chronicle

Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2009 7:37 a.m. These are the stories of the eight people who were found slain in a mobile home park near Brunswick, Ga., on Saturday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 46 Comments Last updated Sep 19, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
May Smith

Townsend, GA

#1 Sep 2, 2009
These people were poor people. Okay. Most of us are. I guess thats why you felf the need to go into their past and dredge up their mistakes. That's wrong. They were human. The public had no need to have this information.. Their family and friends already knew these things, they didn't need it thrown up for the publics knowledge.Were you maybe trying to suggest that they weren't important? Or maybe that they did something to deserve it? I say that you should be ashamed of yourself. You owe this family, and their friends an apology.

“It is what it is”

Since: Aug 08

My business

#2 Sep 2, 2009
yeah Mary I agree, Why is it necessary to report past criminal histories of these people? I am not real sure what to think of this story. I would sue the pants off this news organization...
I think that person on the 911 tape had something to do with this.
cant believeit

Brunswick, GA

#3 Sep 2, 2009
wow in good ole Brunswick , who woulda thought
Novus II

Palatka, FL

#4 Sep 2, 2009
Beware! For the sea of blood saturates the Golden Isles of Glynn still.
Those who’ve executed this abominable feat aren’t resting well.
They’re naive; but scurry from their indigenous sands and they gamble going to jail.
I perceive someone in his or her sphere will soon decipher the atrocious tale;
Indeed, don’t be startle if he or she dwells amid the chatter of the blogs,
For one must be near the ruin he or she has done.
May they heed this pledge: your existence is numbered?
Moreover, your demise will be bittersweet since you’ve
A heart callous as a rock and flimsy as sleet.
Your tongue will tersely murmur beneath the heat.
The worms are ready for your carcass to feast.
So swathe inside your own shadow of fears,
The truth to expose you is drawing near.
You’re no longer the hunter but the feral deer.
JustMe

Morganton, NC

#5 Sep 2, 2009
Well said May Smith and TG!! These things matter no longer to these folks...as I hope they are with Jesus now. So, why should it matter to us?
TTO

Brunswick, GA

#6 Sep 2, 2009
JustMe wrote:
Well said May Smith and TG!! These things matter no longer to these folks...as I hope they are with Jesus now. So, why should it matter to us?
Their lifestyle probably lead to their deaths. Past history helps understand why it happened.
JustMe

Morganton, NC

#7 Sep 2, 2009
TTO wrote:
<quoted text>
Their lifestyle probably lead to their deaths. Past history helps understand why it happened.
This is true. Because of their pasts, it doesn't lessen that innocent lives were taken, regardless of what SOME had done or how they lived, just sayin. Some were innocent...and lived on the right side of the law, even if they had Downs Syndrome and were small children, they were still innocent. Makes ya wonder why the small child and the one with Downs Syndrome weren't beat as severely. Hmmmmm....
So Sad

Glen Burnie, MD

#8 Sep 2, 2009
How can you say weren't beat as severely? My goodness the boy w/ Downs Syndrome has passed away .
The little 3 yr. old child is still in ( critical condition )Or, at least that is what I gather from reading the news. I do agree, that their past was brought up to see if it leads to something that would warrant someone wanting to get even ,so to speak...and to help lead LE in the right direction for a suspect. This always happens when one, Or in this case many falls victim to such a brutal crime. It also makes for News,*Not* that I agree with that, but that seems to be the way it is nowadays.

But, what I do NOT agree w/ is how you can say their lifestyle lead to their deaths ! Is it fair for all to suffer for ones mistakes in life ? No one should have to die like this for anothers wrong doings ..( Again if that be the case.) ESPECIALLY a Downs Syndrome child and or if this little 3 yr old angel doesn't pull through . You can not blame a Whole Family if one or a few out of the family does something wrong. Also, whether these ppl were POOR , or not they still had hearts, feelings.
What a terrible, heart breaking ,cold hearted brutal crime.
All I can say is, I feel for everyone who lost their life.. and their loved ones , friends.
This is so sad, I pray this child makes it and the person (s) responsible is caught, convicted to the fullest extent.
God Bless all who loved, lost.:(
God Speed to the victims.
va2pcfl

Panama City, FL

#9 Sep 2, 2009
I agree with May Smith. What they did/did not do, does not equate a death sentence at the hands of a murderer(s). That's what the justice system is for. With this logic, the speeding ticket I got in SC this summer should be announced in my obit!
C O Jones

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Sep 2, 2009
Someone close to these people caused this to happen. Besides...Hitler had friends too.
sfs

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Sep 3, 2009
va2pcfl wrote:
I agree with May Smith. What they did/did not do, does not equate a death sentence at the hands of a murderer(s). That's what the justice system is for. With this logic, the speeding ticket I got in SC this summer should be announced in my obit!
Your speeding ticket isn't likely to bring a mad man or group of thugs to your house looking for payment, so no, by this logic your speeding ticket is irrelevent upon the time of your death.

I don't feel that anyone deserves what has been done to this family. It's a horrible crime and my prayers are with the vicitims and their family.

However, when the truth finally comes out I'm willing to bet the suspect(s) will be someone that felt that a member of this family did some injustice to them in some way. Drug deal gone wrong? Who knows, maybe it was the ex who set it up because Crissy testified against him? There is no way of telling why this was done to these folks. But this article I don't think was meant to attack or disrespect the dead, but to inform the public on the same facts that the police are going by in looking for leads in the case.

In fact each section starts off in a postive note about each vicitim. Probably, only one or two of the victims were guilty of doing something that would bring this kind of thing into their lives and the rest were really innocent bystanders, at the wrong place at the wrong time. God bless their souls.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#12 Sep 3, 2009
C O Jones wrote:
Someone close to these people caused this to happen.
Typically, according to US DOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics, most murdered persons knew their attacker(s).
JustMe

Morganton, NC

#13 Sep 3, 2009
sfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Your speeding ticket isn't likely to bring a mad man or group of thugs to your house looking for payment, so no, by this logic your speeding ticket is irrelevent upon the time of your death.
I don't feel that anyone deserves what has been done to this family. It's a horrible crime and my prayers are with the vicitims and their family.
However, when the truth finally comes out I'm willing to bet the suspect(s) will be someone that felt that a member of this family did some injustice to them in some way. Drug deal gone wrong? Who knows, maybe it was the ex who set it up because Crissy testified against him? There is no way of telling why this was done to these folks. But this article I don't think was meant to attack or disrespect the dead, but to inform the public on the same facts that the police are going by in looking for leads in the case.
In fact each section starts off in a postive note about each vicitim. Probably, only one or two of the victims were guilty of doing something that would bring this kind of thing into their lives and the rest were really innocent bystanders, at the wrong place at the wrong time. God bless their souls.
sfs-I have thought the same thing, since I saw their past crime in the news. Possibly someone was out for revenge, for the wrongs done to them by a member of the household. So sad!!
C O Jones

Dawsonville, GA

#14 Sep 3, 2009
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Typically, according to US DOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics, most murdered persons knew their attacker(s).
I meant one of the victims caused this to happen...or the dickwad that found them.
Luther

Omaha, NE

#15 Sep 3, 2009
va2pcfl wrote:
That was not said in the obits, it was in news articles, you are ignorant. We will hear about you in the news when you kill innocent people because you think speeding is ok.
C O Jones

Dawsonville, GA

#16 Sep 3, 2009
Luther wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not said in the obits, it was in news articles, you are ignorant. We will hear about you in the news when you kill innocent people because you think speeding is ok.
Please step away from the computer before your hurt yourself, go out in the yard and play with the dog, that's more your speed.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#17 Sep 3, 2009
Luther wrote:
<quoted text>
We will hear about you in the news when you kill innocent people because you think speeding is ok.
Speed limits are arbitrary and capricious.
Brunswick Resident

Marietta, GA

#18 Sep 4, 2009
I agree with you, it doesnt matter where you come from, how much money have NO ONE deserves anything like what happened to this family...Poor people are not bad people everyone is the same in Gods eyes..I feel bad for this family and what they had to go through.I hope that these people are cought and brought to justice..Till then i dont think Brunswick will be the same or feel safe in there own homes..Keep the 3 year old boy in your prayers, thats what he needs instead of judgement
Brunswick Resident

Marietta, GA

#19 Sep 4, 2009
JustMe wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. Because of their pasts, it doesn't lessen that innocent lives were taken, regardless of what SOME had done or how they lived, just sayin. Some were innocent...and lived on the right side of the law, even if they had Downs Syndrome and were small children, they were still innocent. Makes ya wonder why the small child and the one with Downs Syndrome weren't beat as severely. Hmmmmm....
I agree with you, it doesnt matter where you come from, how much money have NO ONE deserves anything like what happened to this family...Poor people are not bad people everyone is the same in Gods eyes..I feel bad for this family and what they had to go through.I hope that these people are cought and brought to justice..Till then i dont think Brunswick will be the same or feel safe in there own homes..Keep the 3 year old boy in your prayers, thats what he needs instead of judgement
va2pcfl

Panama City, FL

#20 Sep 4, 2009
Luther wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther- Does it bring you daily joy to sit behind a computer on a chair and doling out condescension.

"I AM IGNORANT of absolute truth. But I am humble before my ignorance and therein lies my honor and my reward.”— Khalil Gibran

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glynn County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10-year-old girl injured in St. Simons Island h... Aug 6 I Hate Syracuse 1
katie collins and genoa reed Jul 29 Carla miller 2
Case In PointTHE F.T.C. Challenges Hydrogen Kit... Jun '14 Help 1
Georgia State Rep. Jason Spencer, challenger Na... May '14 you darn 2
Student faces weapons charge Tyler Heinze, 17, ... (Mar '11) Mar '14 London 18
Search efforts continue on Mackay River Mar '14 tgp 1
Brunswick man fatally shot in target practice a... Mar '14 bored 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••