Ga. Man Shot In Face After Pointing Gun At Police

Jun 25, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSBTV

An 18-year-old Brantley County man is hospitalized in Savannah after being shot in the face by a police officer.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
les

Bluffton, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2008

Judged:

Please let this incident be a wake up call to th many troubled kids out there.There is always a better way than violence.Was this a cry for help?How well is this young mans back ground known?
bewildered

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

Judged:

If this youngman was suicdal,then our local law officers surely tried to help. was there any negotation, was the multiple pleas made by family to talk to this youngman denied over and over again., and I wonder are we hearing the truth ,from local officals,or is this there cover-up story for a mistake on there behalf.with all the tax money we pay to train our men in blue is this really the best they can do.
open eyes

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

More and more every day I feel the need to ask when a officer is sworn in does he not take a oath to serve and protect all?,or is vigallant behavior accept as long as it has a badge attached to the end of it?maybe thats the answer .you would think in this day of technology that there would be a way to subdue this troubled kids without having a shoot to kill order.
April

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

First off, where are the parents to this child? If he is pointing a gun at someone he is in the wrong!! Yes he may need help but should an officer give his life? Why should we wait around and see who he will shoot at? If your child happened to be an innocent standby and he was to get shot, who's in fault then? The officer who didn't shot first? Or the child who has the gun. The officer was not in the wrong here!!
Present

Bluffton, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

This childs parents were in the home watching this whole scene unfold. I personally heard the last hours of this stand off and the child was not threatening officers. There wasn't a loaded gun in the childs hands and the officers were told this many times. I believe if you do a little research you will find an article that wasn't written by sumarizing a police report. Some Reporter actuall interview people, I believe the Brantley Enterprise. The only shots fired were by the police and the Brantley Sheriff had told the family they were only armed with bean bags and non leathel bullets because it wasn't his intent to harm anyone.

The officer over reacted; allowed by the lack of coordination between the departments with weapons.

Why didn't they control the situation hours before when the gun was thrown out in the road. Why was he allowed to walk back and and retrieve it so they could negotiate for longer.
April wrote:
First off, where are the parents to this child? If he is pointing a gun at someone he is in the wrong!! Yes he may need help but should an officer give his life? Why should we wait around and see who he will shoot at? If your child happened to be an innocent standby and he was to get shot, who's in fault then? The officer who didn't shot first? Or the child who has the gun. The officer was not in the wrong here!!
gino

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

for those of you that don't know-- the officers main goal is to make it home to be with his own family. We were shown plenty of videos of real officers being shot, when there seemed to be no gun around. "i have not read anything besides what is stated above" but walking into any unknown situation(if you are not the boy in question you do not know what he actually had planned. but the officer had to make a split second decision about his and the boys life and most of you have a lifetime to tear it apart----everyone has 20/20 hindsight!!!!!!!
Ole Dead Eye

Richmond Hill, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

Should have killed the monster dead on the spot.
The officer did a ok job, maybe next time shoot to kill the vermin.
mercey

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Judged:

i know chris and he is no monster you are one sick twisted human being sounds like your the monster your proble in with all the crooked scum in nahunta that is one of the most corrupt place i have ever seen you all are just a bunch of trash i personal was there and you dont know what took place karma is a bitch and your just evile chris is a good person you must be kin to the idots that got trigger happy you may judge him but god will judge you you idot
Quetion

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Did the boy die, was he saved? Nothing ever else was mentioned of this incident. IF you are in Virginia how in God's green earth can you talk about a corupt police department thousand of mile away?
Were you an automobile on the Highway 82 in Southeast Georgia that night with the boys waving around a shot gun. Apparently not, I was and in the car were my small children. Had he raised it toward me, I'd have saved the law the trouble. Because to protect my children I'd have basically urn him over!

“Who care's”

Since: Jan 09

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Quetion wrote:
Did the boy die, was he saved? Nothing ever else was mentioned of this incident. IF you are in Virginia how in God's green earth can you talk about a corupt police department thousand of mile away?
Were you an automobile on the Highway 82 in Southeast Georgia that night with the boys waving around a shot gun. Apparently not, I was and in the car were my small children. Had he raised it toward me, I'd have saved the law the trouble. Because to protect my children I'd have basically urn him over!
If you woulda run him over you would be in jail and your kids without a parent. The cops arent gonna let you go because he was waving a gun. Believe me i know.
Wise1

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Judged:

This is a double edged sword first you have officers saying the kid was armed, then you have others saying he did not have a weapon. Clearly someone is lying here and that is what needs to be investigated before anyone can really say who was in the wrong.

1. If there was no weapon on the child, officers had NO right to shoot. They clearly were in the wrong and should pay the price for lack of judgment and harm to a minor.

2. If the child was armed the police were within rights to warn before shooting to drop the weapon.

Knowing a little about Brantley police lets just say that this will be a good ole boy cover up no matter how you slice it. They are crooked there to the tee. But then again even the crooked cops need to protect themselves so until the FULL TRUTH comes out about what really happened there is no way to be 100% certain of any wrong doing on either side at this point.

It is a given that the boy did something to provoke police getting involved and certainly needs to learn that there are other ways to handle things than with violence or threat of violence. The kid needs serious intervention before it is too late and he winds up another jailhouse statistic.

This is a sad situation for sure and I hope for all involved that this is resolved in a truthful and professional manner.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Glynn County Discussions

Search the Glynn County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Case In PointTHE F.T.C. Challenges Hydrogen Kit... Jun '14 Help 1
Georgia State Rep. Jason Spencer, challenger Na... May '14 you darn 2
Student faces weapons charge Tyler Heinze, 17, ... (Mar '11) Mar '14 London 18
Search efforts continue on Mackay River Mar '14 tgp 1
katie collins and genoa reed Mar '14 Agaisntabuse 1
Brunswick man fatally shot in target practice a... Mar '14 bored 2
Bracie Mangram (May '07) Feb '14 Braja 7
•••
•••