Wave of violence calls some to act

Wave of violence calls some to act

There are 3 comments on the Brunswick News story from Aug 23, 2007, titled Wave of violence calls some to act. In it, Brunswick News reports that:

“I've seen thousands of young men and women who have no hope and feel like their life is over, and it is those individuals that end up pulling the trigger of a gun”

The Rev. Kenneth Adkins believes the gunmen involved in three shootings over the weekend had more than firearms and bloodshed in common. via Brunswick News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brunswick News.

wise1

White House, TN

#1 Sep 1, 2007
Helping those who want to be helped is one thing, forcing help upon those who choose a life of crime and have no regard for human life is another, they do not want the help.

Noone has to pull a trigger, they choose to do it.
wise1

White House, TN

#3 Sep 1, 2007
I agree fully! The justice system is a joke nowdays. Let a guy walk with consequences for first offense when he is in court for his 8th DUI. You and I know he will drink and drive again and this time maybe even kill an innocent person.

For someone who is does not have any regard for the law 3 year sentences are a walk in the park for them.

The other day I was listening to AM Radio on the way to work and a caller asked why we do not just go back to the old chain gangs in the system, the host of the show said it is because the cost involved is too great.

Here is my question..... If you continually let these creeps off with light sentences, and they repeatedly get thrown back in prison are you not causing a bigger burden on the system financially? Each time they go to court they have to have representation, most of the time public defenders or court appointed attorneys.

They do a little stretch of time, get a tougher attitude and go back at it the minute they get out again.

Why not sentence them for a good stretch, and make them work their butts off until they cannot stand it anymore. Make them wish to God they had never gotten arrested to begin with. Embarass them alongside the roadways as they are chained together and working to clean up after pigs like them who throw trash out car windows.

Right now they go to a jail cell and have it easy without bills to pay or having to be responsible for anyone but themselves for a few years. They get 3 hots and a cot for free. That is no lesson being taught.
wise1

White House, TN

#5 Sep 3, 2007
I agree fully, there has to be consequences for the gun owner as well.

Accessory to the fact should be in order, they gave the gun to someone who intended to do harm or kill with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glynn County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angels Helping Hands Rescue Nov '17 Papa Lou 1
News As Son Died In Hot Car, Georgia Man Sent Teen S... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Shocked 1
Very Poor Example! (May '16) May '16 Disgusted and Fed Up 1
News Report: GOP Leaders Met With Elon Musk, Tim Coo... (Mar '16) Mar '16 biten back 1
News Home invader pistol whips man, leaves with cash (Feb '16) Feb '16 Curious 1
News Boy, 10, mauled by pit bulls (May '07) Jan '16 Downsoutht 15
News The heartwarming reason a 91-year-old veteran i... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Debra Davis 1
More from around the web