Canadian miffed over night in jail: New immigration law cited

Apr 15, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

“It's Billy Bob and the boys running the sheriff's department.”

Authorities in South Georgia forced a Canadian tourist to strip naked, shower and spend what she called a harrowing night in jail last weekend for minor traffic violations. via Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2007

And you wonder why we need more jails? the jusice system in this country needs to get a clue once and for all.

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2007

For crying out loud!! This is terrible. Someone needs to be fired over this..a simple speeding ticket 55 in a 35 does not constitute what happened here---go get some REAL ILLEGALS and leave the tourists alone. Jeeeezzzze...
BILLY-BOB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2007

Mtnbred wrote:
For crying out loud!! This is terrible. Someone needs to be fired over this..a simple speeding ticket 55 in a 35 does not constitute what happened here---go get some REAL ILLEGALS and leave the tourists alone. Jeeeezzzze...
It got so bad in the 60s that AAA was directing northern tourists thru SC and Alabama to avoid the Ga. Redneck speed traps and other false charges.
I think it occurred to the then Governor of Ga. that they could generate more revenue by putting a stop to this illegal crap.
The good 'Ol boys had a saying back then..."One Yankee is worth more than a Bale of Cotton, And twice as easy to pick"
Looks like they're Baccckkk!!!
BILLY-BOB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2007

PS..Does anyone know which those six States that don't have an agreement with the new Ga. law?

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

BILLY-BOB wrote:
<quoted text>It got so bad in the 60s that AAA was directing northern tourists thru SC and Alabama to avoid the Ga. Redneck speed traps and other false charges.
I think it occurred to the then Governor of Ga. that they could generate more revenue by putting a stop to this illegal crap.
The good 'Ol boys had a saying back then..."One Yankee is worth more than a Bale of Cotton, And twice as easy to pick"

Looks like they're Baccckkk!!!
LOL I seem to remember that. But had never heard that saying!!''chuckle'':))

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2007

What? you dont like Kangaroo courts?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••