Man Shot, Killed During Illegal Signs Dispute 1 hr ago

Sep 11, 2009 Full story: WSB-TV 14

ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. -- Police say a dispute over illegally displayed signs ended with the shooting death of a man after a three-hour standoff.

Full Story
LocalinSHOCK

Riceboro, GA

#1 Sep 11, 2009
I would like to report a POLICE COVER UP IN PROGRESS!
Satisfied Woman

Savannah, GA

#2 Sep 11, 2009
LocalinSHOCK wrote:
I would like to report a POLICE COVER UP IN PROGRESS!
Shutup dumb f***

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#3 Sep 11, 2009
"Authorities say a code enforcement officer was removing illegal advertising signs from the man's yard, and the man ordered the officer to leave."

Ha, THIS is the freeeeeeeeeedom US soldiers are fighting for. Hahahaha, what a freaking joke.
Get Real

United States

#4 Sep 12, 2009
I am siding with the police cover up. All this info has been one sided

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#5 Sep 12, 2009
Get Real wrote:
I am siding with the police cover up. All this info has been one sided
What was an ordinance enforcement puke doing confiscating that man's property while standing on his property? Did the ordinance enforcement enforcement puke have a court order or a warrant?

Was the poster the brock o'bama "joker" poster?
Citpeks

Spotsylvania, VA

#6 Sep 12, 2009
Why didnt they just issue a ticket and mail it to him? or serve it later. Over a 35 dollar fine? His medical contidition is a mental illiness and they Knew him. I dont see where is prescriptions for his mental illness is just cause for the police add to there list of reasons for shooting this guy. And If he wanted to put a sign up in his front yard he should be allowed to that is part of free speech.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#7 Sep 12, 2009
Citpeks wrote:
Why didnt they just issue a ticket and mail it to him?
What was an "ordinance enforcement" clerk doing in the man's yard ripping up signs? Ordinance enforcement clerks write up ordinance violations, they are not even full fledged cops, but simple "meter maids" sent to do jobs cops won't do, like measuring a person's grass length to see if they have been mowing their lawns per the city ordinance. A dog catcher probably has more authority than an ordinance enforcement clerk.

Now dig this, REMEMBER THE FAMOUS BTK serial killer? When he was arrested, he was working as an ordinance enforcement clerk...DUHHHH!
Clancy

Savannah, GA

#8 Sep 14, 2009
Pathetic. I believe anyone would have been terriorized if:
Tasered
shot with rubber bullets
flash grenades
multiple police cars & officers with shotguns
not to mention someone who "had" a mental illness & was known to police
Why not a tranquilizer. Certainly worked for Malin Perkins with Lions & Gorillas
only sane person on SSI

Callahan, FL

#9 Sep 18, 2009
Richard_ wrote:
"Authorities say a code enforcement officer was removing illegal advertising signs from the man's yard, and the man ordered the officer to leave."
Ha, THIS is the freeeeeeeeeedom US soldiers are fighting for. Hahahaha, what a freaking joke.
HAHA!!!!! HOW STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE? DO YOU RELIZE THAT ANYONE WHO THREATENS POLICE OR THE PUBLIC WITH A GUN SHOULD BE SHOT DOWN AND FAST!! THE ELEMTARY SCHOOL IS LESS THAN A MILE DOWN THE ROAD!!!! WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF HE WOULD HAVE HAD A GUN IN HIS HAND AND KILED A CHILD OR ANYONE ONE OF THE OTHER BYSTANDERS'S AT THE SCENE, THEN THE POLICE WOULD HAVE BEEN BLAMED AS NOT REACTING AS QUICK AND AS WELL AS THEY DID!!! THAT MAN WAS CRAZY!! WE ALL MAY HAVE CODE ENFORECEMENT UP OUR BUT, BUT WE DO NOT THREATEN TO KILL PEOPLE OVER A 35.00 FINE, LET'S JUST RELIZE THAT THIS MAN GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO HIM! WHAT IF YOUR FAMILY LIVED BEHIND HIM THEN WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OF A CRAZY MAN HAVING FIREARMS AND THREATENING PEOPLE IN YOUR NEIBORHOOD AROUND YOUR FAMILY.
crazy person

Savannah, GA

#10 Sep 18, 2009
He wasn't threatening them over a $35 fine, he was threatening them because they failed to respect his property rights.
only sane person on SSI

Callahan, FL

#11 Sep 18, 2009
OKAY EVEN IF HE WAS MAD ABOUT PROPERTY RIGHTS THERE IS NO REASON TO GO TO THREATENING POLICE OR ANYONE ELESE? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE AROUND THERE? IF THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN IN A DOWNTOWN BRUNSWICK RESIDENT THIS WOULD NOT EVEN BEEN IN THE FRONT PAGES IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ABOUT A CRAZY MAN WITH A GUN THREATING PEOPLE CLOSE TO A ELEMTARY SCHOOL AND PEOPLE WOULD BE CELEBRATING THE POLICE FOR A JOB WELL DONE. THIS MAN MOST LIKELY DID NOT EVEN OWN THE PROPERTY. I BELIEVE HE WAS A RENTER BECAUSE NOW THERE IS A SIGH SAYING BEACH COTTAGE NOW AVAIBLE FOR RENT!

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#12 Sep 18, 2009
crazy person wrote:
He wasn't threatening them over a $35 fine, he was threatening them because they failed to respect his property rights.
Exactly! WTF was an ordinance enforcement clerk doing ripping up this man's property? An ordinance enforcement clerk carries about as much authority as a meter maid in someone's private driveway.

I bet real estate agents get to place business signs in people's front yards. It's done all the time. How is one sign allowed and another isn't? It doesn't make any sense.

Most of the houses my wife and I are looking at have almost 5,000 a year property taxes. For 5,000 a year, I'll be my own damn cop and firefigher. Regardless, I'm supposed to finance a house that costs 250,000.00, then hope I never get laid off or fired, then hope the city doesn't jerk my property taxes from 5K a year to 6K a year, then hope I don't get shot in my yard for having a sign in it?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#13 Sep 18, 2009
only sane person on SSI wrote:
<quoted text> WHAT IF YOUR FAMILY LIVED BEHIND HIM THEN WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OF A CRAZY MAN HAVING FIREARMS AND THREATENING PEOPLE IN YOUR NEIBORHOOD AROUND YOUR FAMILY.
What if the families around that man lent fire support and ran them nazis back to where they came from? Statisically, there's 1-2 cops per 1,000 residents. Right, wrong or indifferent, the "tea bag parties" indicate a growing non-partisan discontent with how federal and state governments are being operated. If only 1/3 of residents decide they are mad as hell and not taking it anymore, that means that cops will be out numbered 300 to 2. Additionally, the federal military has approximately 3,000,000 active and reserve military personnel, which is about 10% of the population. Since many of the reservists are police officers some of the numbers are double counted. However, if we assumed no military active or reserves were police, this would put available man assets at 300 civilians to 31 or 32 police officers and federal military persons. Finally, considering the combined strength of all 500,000 national guard personel v. 300,000,000 total us population, which would be a per capita of 6, bringing up our total police, federal military and national guard forces up to about 38 to 300 disgruntled citizens. Or 38 police, federal and national guard personnel per 1,000 US population.

Therefore, if 1/3 of the US population goes off reservation, they will still outnumber the full and combined police forces, military forces and national guard forces by at least a 10 to 1 ratio.

Something to ponder, eh?
absolute power corrupts

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Jan 7, 2014
there are always checks and balances lawyers to say one thing and accountants to shuffle the numbers when it becomes an issue the city can't handle the feds takes over to sugar coat it. politics knows how to play their cards as well as police when the finger points in their direction, grand juries who reconmend indictments for public corruption always falls on deaf ears. revolution or overthrow government labels it with terrorist activity unlike the minutemen of history itself. change is needed now restore good government

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glynn County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10-year-old girl injured in St. Simons Island h... Aug '14 I Hate Syracuse 1
katie collins and genoa reed Jul '14 Carla miller 2
Case In PointTHE F.T.C. Challenges Hydrogen Kit... Jun '14 Help 1
Georgia State Rep. Jason Spencer, challenger Na... May '14 you darn 2
Student faces weapons charge Tyler Heinze, 17, ... (Mar '11) Mar '14 London 18
Search efforts continue on Mackay River Mar '14 tgp 1
Brunswick man fatally shot in target practice a... (Mar '14) Mar '14 bored 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••