No Appeal

Brunswick, GA

#21 Mar 29, 2011
I will STU!

In every case there is usually one winner, who is happy, and one loser, who is not.

Pretty easy to see which side of the line you fall on.

I'm sorry you lost your case.

But, that sort of brings me to my next question... if it is the Judge that is so bad, why didn't you let the jury decide? I guess you could claim ignorance the first time, but you said your second case is still pending. I would assume you have a jury coming in to decide things?

If these are child custody cases that would explain both why no jury, and why you are so bitter.
not we

Waverly, GA

#22 Mar 29, 2011
Local Lawyer wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, we didn't sit quietly by in Glynn County, we voted for Judge Williams. We like her.
WE???.....we are already the laughing stock of the entire nation w/o someone saying that WE like her as if the majority of folks in this circuit feel that way! It is obvious there are many who vote her in, as they are in her favor, that, in reality, cannot stand her!
STU

Brunswick, GA

#23 Mar 30, 2011
Please help us with this! All of Georgia and the rest of the country needs to know! http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-arch Please help us! We have been suffering since this woman took office in 1990! Now that her power-mad corruption has finally reached national attention we have a chance to finally get rid of her. Don't believe there's real corruption in Brunswick? Our local paper has still yet to print one word about this. Listen to the podcast. Google her name. This doesn't even address her conduct in civil and criminal court! Go to link below and help write letters, please. Thank you. http://impeachjudgewilliams.com/what-you-can-... .
michael sacco sr

United States

#24 Mar 30, 2011
Local Lawyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael:
You seem very bitter and angry. I am sorry you are afraid to drive through or fly over Georgia, it is a beautiful state with a rich history. I am curious as to how you reached these opinions of Judge Williams. Have you ever watched her drug court..or been to a drug court graduation ceremony...or talked to the families of the participants? Oh wait, that's right, you heard the Ira Glass thing so now you know.
I mean everyone is entitled to their opinions. You are certainly entitled to yours. It just seems a shame to speak so harshly on a subject that you really know very little about.
By the way, we didn't sit quietly by in Glynn County, we voted for Judge Williams. We like her. But hey, as much as I would love to keep writing, I have to get in my pickup truck and run to the store and get some more chewing tobacco.
You make my case. You bet I,m angry.When rapists and robbers get less time than a minor drug infraction something is wrong. That is O K with the voters.With the fear of her well documented retribution why would anyone say anything bad about this evil woman. Enjoy your chew.
STU

Brunswick, GA

#25 Mar 30, 2011
Sorry Local Lawyer,anon,No Appeal, gotta work today no time to banter. Keep checking our writing style while your IDENTICAL POSTS on various threads under these names makes me think you ought to call yourself Legion, you know, like the group of demons Jesus cast into the flock of pigs! I'm bitter, your brilliant. Hope your one of those flying pigs when you and Amanda go off the cliff! Talk later!
michael sacco sr

United States

#26 Mar 30, 2011
The fact that people are at least now discussing this psycho and her modus operandi gives me slight hope.
At least in the new millenium the GOOD OLD BOYS let women in.Thats progress.
Local Lawyer

Savannah, GA

#27 Mar 30, 2011
STU wrote:
LL u wanna analyze me?
Thank you for the invitation to analyze you Stu However, as I not a mental health care professional, I don't think it would be appropriate for me to do so. I would recommend one of our local psychiatrists should you be sincere in seeking mental health counseling. Sometimes it helps to talk with someone.
STU

Brunswick, GA

#28 Mar 30, 2011
Legion backing down now eh? Me and Mike bitter and angry, bitter and angry, blah,blah. Guess you better stick to what you know, propaganda on various threads under various names. Looking forward to seeing Amanda in handcuffs, not for me, but for all the future people she would torment. Back to work. Gotta send more links to the folks at AP and UPI!
Gary

Los Angeles, CA

#29 Mar 30, 2011
After listening to Ira Glass' report about Judge Williams I cannot believe that your community does not stand up to protect itself! No matter one, two, three or hundreds of cases of abuse, show some commitment to yourselves and protect your rights. Rather than remain silent and fearful, use your rights as citizens of the USA and take care of business. This is an evil woman who has terrorized your county. I am sure people get angry about terrorists around the world, well, she is no different. Don't cower in fear of retaliation. Rise up!!

Since: Jan 10

Sarasota, FL

#30 Mar 30, 2011
Don't forget, participation in the drug court is voluntary. A person charged can take the more conventional route. For good or bad, Judge Williams was re-elected with a 60% vote. That wasn't just attorneys voting. All voters had the opportunity to make an informed decision at the voting machine.
No Appeal

Brunswick, GA

#31 Mar 30, 2011
STU wrote:
Legion backing down now eh? Me and Mike bitter and angry, bitter and angry, blah,blah. Guess you better stick to what you know, propaganda on various threads under various names. Looking forward to seeing Amanda in handcuffs, not for me, but for all the future people she would torment. Back to work. Gotta send more links to the folks at AP and UPI!
Sorry STU, I am only one person, going by one name. I really like Local Lawyers answers though, and wish I could take credit for them. Just too busy today to play at the zoo.

Funny though, that you haven't said I guessed wrong as to what your problem is. I take that to mean I am right then? That does explain a lot about you.

Sucks to have either had your kids pick you over the other parent, or to have it be found the kids are better off in the other parent's custody.
No Appeal

Brunswick, GA

#32 Mar 30, 2011
Sorry, obviously meant to say "not" pick you over the other parent.
michael sacco sr

United States

#33 Mar 30, 2011
Hopefully she won't last until the next election,but knowing what they know now I don't think they would vote the same way.It seems that you are being defensive and protective of this hater.I guess you voted for her and wouldn't mind your child being subjected to her sadistic whims over a joint or pill.
Good luck NIMBY.
No Appeal

Brunswick, GA

#34 Mar 30, 2011
michael sacco sr wrote:
<quoted text>You make my case. You bet I,m angry.When rapists and robbers get less time than a minor drug infraction something is wrong. That is O K with the voters.With the fear of her well documented retribution why would anyone say anything bad about this evil woman. Enjoy your chew.
Really? What rapist or robber? They are each subject to mandatory minimum 10 year sentences in prison. They don't get 6 months of drug treatment.
STU

Brunswick, GA

#35 Mar 30, 2011
Legion, ouch were getting really ugly now! except for the fact I have my kids now(remember amanda the most overturned judge on the bench). I sure hope your not getting angry caus ya no bitterness kant b fer behind!!
Local Lawyer

Saint Simons Island, GA

#36 Mar 30, 2011
STU wrote:
Stew:

I am sure you are a valued source of information for the ladies and gentleman at the AP. I am glad there are people out there like you that seek to make a difference. The problem is your message is diluted by your anger and venom.

I will admit to being slightly puzzled at your rabid and dogmatic belief that Judge Williams is subject to arrest. You got this from the Ira Glass piece?

Regarding your case with Judge Williams, it is unfortunate you did not fair well in Court. It happens. I know sometimes it helps to ease the sting of defeat by blaming the Judge or one's lawyer but sometimes it is more productive to just accept your case was not all that persuasive. That way change is possible and then maybe next time you will be more successful in whatever disagreement you are bringing before the Court for resolution. A negative ruling isn't a personal attack.

Without introspection Stu, you will have no personal growth. I dont want that for you. I want you to be a better person than that.

On that note, I do feel your pain....sometimes Judges don't listen, sometimes they are just plain wrong or out to lunch. Heck, sometimes I think Judge Williams is just plain wrong. There are many times I am in total disagreement with any or all of our Judges. Any good lawyer will tell you that. While I don't know if ruling against you was the right thing or not, it happened. You just have to deal with it. When a Judge doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they are corrupt or should be arrested. Here is a shock, but, it might be that you were wrong and ruling against you was right.

But I digress, you live here do you not? Where have you been all this time? It may be a surprise to you, but Drug Court isn't new to Glynn and Camden County. Its been here about ten years. Judge Williams has been on the bench much longer than that. But you are waiting until now to spew your venom and call for her arrest? You are just now sending your friends at the AP links? I mean to listen to you, Judge Williams is the antichrist and has been for some time but, you sat back and did nothing? How many letters to the editor have you written to the Brunswick News, the Atlanta Journal, the Georgia Times Union complaining of this? Are the readers here supposed to believe you, as a long time resident of our community, required a reporter out of Chicago to point these problems out to you?

My point is this. You, just like many people out there, believe the last thing they read or hear. Basically someone without the ability to think critically for themselves. There are people out there who can always parrot back the last thing told them but cannot analyze, digest, and reason out their own personal observations. You jump on the bandwagon because its easier. I also suspect you like being able to disrespect someone you don't agree with.

You are angry because Judge Williams didn't agree with you and ruled against you. Its that simple. I fail to believe you care how she treats anybody else, if you did, and you really felt Judge Williams was as bad as you are saying, you would have been constructive in your criticism, not destructive-something other than post anonymously on a website populated with extreme views.

I will also say this, I find it amusing that people on this site are referring to Judge Williams as "Amanda". You do this to be disrespectful, I get that. But when doing so, you disrespect her office, the Judgeship she holds. The one your community elected her to hold. Is that really what you want?

Local Lawyer

Saint Simons Island, GA

#37 Mar 30, 2011
michael sacco sr wrote:
<quoted text>You make my case. You bet I,m angry.When rapists and robbers get less time than a minor drug infraction something is wrong. That is O K with the voters.With the fear of her well documented retribution why would anyone say anything bad about this evil woman. Enjoy your chew.
I am glad I could help you reconcile something.

You will have to forgive me, I am not sure to what criminal cases you are referring. Is there a case in Glynn County where a convicted rapist, or convicted robber got less than a conviction for a minor drug infraction. It would helpful if you could give me a name or case number so I could look it up (for the sake of "good documentation")

Also, when you say "well documented retribution", are you referring to Ira Glass's article or are you citing other sources? Just curious. Again, I would be interested. Just my nature.

Would it surprise you to hear some people say Drug Court saved their life? Some drug court participants return to drug court meetings to stop in and say hi..even when they are totally free. I have represented some big, mean, scary guys who found sobriety in Drug Court. Who regard the evil woman you denigrate...to be their savior. Yes, Judge William's has saved lives, many of them.

Perhaps go to an open AA or NA meeting in your area and listen to their stories. You will be horrified at the depths some of them sunk to in the name of feeding their addiction. People die of addiction, they overdose, they sell their bodies, they contact HIV, they victimize the ones they love.

It takes a strong will and sometimes a big stick to straighten out an addict. Eggs get broken when omelets are made.

Is Judge William's harsh, you bet she is. It takes that. She isn't evil though. Don't fall into the trap of listening to a few handpicked stories as a means of judging a woman who has spent the last decade saving people from the scourge of addiction.

She cares about people that most of society don't. Truth be told, many would rather most of the drug court participants be locked up. She doesn't. She helps them. Sure, some of them will not comform and they get punished. They have to be, that makes the system work.

The point of my diatribe is not to get you to donate to Judge William's campaign, rather, it is to attempt to dial your criticism back a bit. You call her evil. If that is your measure of evil, I would submit you have never seen real evil. That is not a criticism of you.

A drug court graduation is a wonderful thing. You see people stand up in front of the rest of the participants and tell horrible stories of addiction, telling about the many bad things they did to themselves and others in the name of addiction. You see their families, their wives, children, husband's, and parents, sitting there and beaming with pride at the changes in their loved one. And you see Judge Williams come over and hug each and every one of them. Funny how they hug her back.
STU

Brunswick, GA

#38 Mar 30, 2011
I've run out of tissues (snif)gotta go to the drug store.I really like this softer side of you, I guess it shook you up pretty good the first time you witness Judge Williams screaming and ranting on the bench. I respect law enforcement, a proven fact in that I've never seen the inside of a jail, I've always (snif) tried to be a good guy. Look, once again I only talk of what I've witnessed. You seem to put Judge Williams in a separate category,at a separate standard just the way she does, there's a bunch of other judges in that court house, don't they have to be harsh? Why aren't there blogs about them? I got it! We're all sexist. Don't like being bullied by a woman!People were talking about A W long before the radio show. I've had no dealings with drug court, but listening to the show you have got to admit is sounds just like her! When he was talking about her there was absolutely no exaggeration! The spewing venom part was again what I witnessed. At no time have I stretched the truth about her. The first time I saw her smile was on the picture at the impeach her site! Hardly recognized her! I worked real hard to get Mary Moses elected because I was embarrassed by this stereo-typical corrupt Georgia city. You can defend her all you want but you know I'm right about this city, southerners always had a reputation for hospitality, this city doesn't have that much anymore..too busy hiding stuff.
No Appeal

Brunswick, GA

#39 Mar 30, 2011
STU wrote:
You seem to put Judge Williams in a separate category,at a separate standard just the way she does, there's a bunch of other judges in that court house, don't they have to be harsh? Why aren't there blogs about them? I got it! We're all sexist. Don't like being bullied by a woman!.
I can answer that! I think part of it is because you are sexist, and the other part is because a large segment of people use illegal drugs and want them to be legal. Judge Williams is the only Judge at the Courthouse who handles felony drug cases, hence the criticism.

Look at your savior Ira's facebook page! That is what the majority of them are saying, that drugs should be legal.

Don't blame the judge that your drug of choice is illegal. Write to the legislature, or move to California and puff-puff-pass away!

I mean things are so horrible and corrupt here, I really don't understand why you stay.

Since: Mar 11

Glennville, GA

#40 Mar 30, 2011
No Appeal wrote:
<quoted text>
I can answer that! I think part of it is because you are sexist, and the other part is because a large segment of people use illegal drugs and want them to be legal. Judge Williams is the only Judge at the Courthouse who handles felony drug cases, hence the criticism.
Look at your savior Ira's facebook page! That is what the majority of them are saying, that drugs should be legal.
Don't blame the judge that your drug of choice is illegal. Write to the legislature, or move to California and puff-puff-pass away!
I mean things are so horrible and corrupt here, I really don't understand why you stay.
Let's see - Stu is sexist, but he supported Moses, who is female.

Both No Appeal and Local Lawyer seem to think the highest form of debate is to psychoanalyze and debase anyone who criticizes Judge Williams, rather than responding to the substance of the criticisms. You don't have to be in favor of legalization of drugs to think that Judge Williams' Drug Court practices are inappropriate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glynn County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Domestic violence dentist Dec '14 Cross creek 1
10-year-old girl injured in St. Simons Island h... Aug '14 I Hate Syracuse 1
katie collins and genoa reed (Mar '14) Jul '14 Carla miller 2
Case In PointTHE F.T.C. Challenges Hydrogen Kit... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Help 1
Georgia State Rep. Jason Spencer, challenger Na... (May '14) May '14 you darn 2
Student faces weapons charge Tyler Heinze, 17, ... (Mar '11) Mar '14 London 18
Search efforts continue on Mackay River (Mar '14) Mar '14 tgp 1
More from around the web