Trial date uncertain in sex-abuse sla...

Trial date uncertain in sex-abuse slaying

There are 23 comments on the SavannahNow story from Nov 9, 2007, titled Trial date uncertain in sex-abuse slaying. In it, SavannahNow reports that:

“The bottom line is: The General Assembly will decide when this case will be tried”

BRUNSWICK - David Edenfield will be the first in his family to stand trial in the sexual-abuse slaying of 6-year-old Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. via SavannahNow

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SavannahNow.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 07

A land far far away....

#1 Nov 9, 2007
Yea, but Iam sure his defense is going to drag it out as far as they can....makes you wonder how they sleep!!!Ethically they have to defend them but moraly I cannot imagine how.
whtgl

Washington, DC

#2 Nov 9, 2007
I can not believe they have the nerve to try and throw out the 9 search warrants! Then again I just remembered they are monsters. Perhaps the defense atty's secretly want to make it so they walk free because they know if the edenfields ever walked one second out the door to freedom, the edendfields would be DEAD in a instant. It might take 2 years but I have faith in GOD and I know these people will pay for the horrible vile crime they did to little Christopher Barrios

A land far far away....

#3 Nov 12, 2007
I still cant seem to get pst there defense. Seriously, how could they even attempt to get them off???? It really does look like the victim is no longer important. The accused has taken the victims place. Sickening
whtgl

Bethesda, MD

#4 Nov 13, 2007
WhatsRight wrote:
I still cant seem to get pst there defense. Seriously, how could they even attempt to get them off???? It really does look like the victim is no longer important. The accused has taken the victims place. Sickening
It may seem that way. I have a very close cousin that is an attorney and he has been following this case as well, and he told me this is the way the legal rope tie (for lack of better words) he says there is not way they are going to let these people go. The defense lawyers basically are doing there jobs and really just looking put for themselves because if they do a good job then the more clients will come there way. The defense is probably at the most will try and get the death penalty off the table and if that was done they would be killed in jail just like jeffrey dalmer, someone would get to the edenfields, including the nasty momma edenfield someone probably has already gotten to her once or twice already.
straight from savannah

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Nov 13, 2007
The fact of the matter is this: What goes around truly does come back around. From something as simple as childish insults, and demeaning hurtful comments at other people to something as seriouse as the horrific murder of this sweet little boy. Karma is karma and the Edenfreaks really will get theirs one way or another, eventually everyone does. I may not get along or agree with some posters on here about a lot of things that are said and done, but when it comes to Christopher Barrios we will all be sitting on the same side of the courtroom, I promise you I will see ya there! Happy Thanksgiving to you all, I will be joining you in prayer for the justice of Christopher Barrios.......Dana

A land far far away....

#6 Nov 13, 2007
whtgl wrote:
<quoted text>It may seem that way. I have a very close cousin that is an attorney and he has been following this case as well, and he told me this is the way the legal rope tie (for lack of better words) he says there is not way they are going to let these people go. The defense lawyers basically are doing there jobs and really just looking put for themselves because if they do a good job then the more clients will come there way. The defense is probably at the most will try and get the death penalty off the table and if that was done they would be killed in jail just like jeffrey dalmer, someone would get to the edenfields, including the nasty momma edenfield someone probably has already gotten to her once or twice already.
Actually she has, from what I heard, had some really CLOSE PHYSICAL encounters already.I geuss I have to understand the system, but for the life of me, if I had to defend those monsters, I would be jobless. There isnt anything on this earth that would prompt me to try and help those evil monsters. You would think they would still try and push this through as quick as possble. I mean, how many families actually have to sit through 4 trials and listen to the evilness done to there 6 year old child. Something in the sysyem should take this into consideration.
Whtgl

Bethesda, MD

#7 Nov 13, 2007
WhatsRight wrote:
<quoted text> Actually she has, from what I heard, had some really CLOSE PHYSICAL encounters already.I geuss I have to understand the system, but for the life of me, if I had to defend those monsters, I would be jobless. There isnt anything on this earth that would prompt me to try and help those evil monsters. You would think they would still try and push this through as quick as possble. I mean, how many families actually have to sit through 4 trials and listen to the evilness done to there 6 year old child. Something in the sysyem should take this into consideration.
You are so correct. I don't understand why at least they would not try the father and son together, save the family the more grief and save tax dollars. I mean at least that would scale it down to 3 trials. Hopefully Dales won't be so long. I keep praying for the Barrios Family to have justice so they can have some kind of closure and the healing process can start, Because GOD can do anything and everything and that would include heal there hearts and I believe so many children are going to be saved in Christopher's name and there will be a Christopher's law! I say Peggy is getting what she deserves, now she sees what it feels like to be ganged up on and held down helpless! I HATE HER THE MOST! BECAUSE SHE COULD HAVE STOPPED IT

A land far far away....

#8 Nov 13, 2007
I think Dale and the mom are going to cop pleas. They keepcoming up with whatever excuse they can to keep her out of court. I personaly think they know by the way she looks, she will never project any type of sympathy from a jury. She looks evil. She will never be able to come off as the grandmotherly type. There is no warmth when you look at her. She is scary, period. By her looks alone, she coyuld get the death penalty. And I dont mean that in a sarcastic way. Iam totally serious. I think her defense knows they dont have a chance in hell of anyone feeling sympathy for her. Thats why I think there gonna plea bargain her out.

A land far far away....

#9 Nov 13, 2007
To tell you the truth, I think the only one, in the end who will get death, is the dad. I hope Iam wrong though. Like an animal with rabies, they all need to be put down.
Whtgl

Bethesda, MD

#10 Nov 13, 2007
WhatsRight wrote:
I think Dale and the mom are going to cop pleas. They keepcoming up with whatever excuse they can to keep her out of court. I personaly think they know by the way she looks, she will never project any type of sympathy from a jury. She looks evil. She will never be able to come off as the grandmotherly type. There is no warmth when you look at her. She is scary, period. By her looks alone, she coyuld get the death penalty. And I dont mean that in a sarcastic way. Iam totally serious. I think her defense knows they dont have a chance in hell of anyone feeling sympathy for her. Thats why I think there gonna plea bargain her out.
You are so smart. I have not seen her in person but I know what you are saying is right. When I saw her on TV and on the pictures I saw pure EVIL! I think they will definately give her a deal to testify against the father and son, that would give the prosecution the air tight case they need. Yes they have the DNA from those monsters on that baby but eye witness is always the best. Christopher was in heaven and could not speak but his body will speak in that court room thru DNA. GOD rest our little brunswick angel!
Whtgl

Bethesda, MD

#11 Nov 13, 2007
WhatsRight wrote:
To tell you the truth, I think the only one, in the end who will get death, is the dad. I hope Iam wrong though. Like an animal with rabies, they all need to be put down.
I do too because the dad who is the one who started it all, he molested all of his children and made that son into the monster he is today. I heard a lady that had grown up with the son say on the news it was known that the son was molested as a child. And Peggy the nasty freak knew all about it.

A land far far away....

#12 Nov 13, 2007
Well he did it to his daughter and Peggymonster stayed and apparently continued his sick azz torture on the son. Goes to show you where her loyalties lie. Never with what was morally or naturally right. Proves right there she was ALWAYS a freak of nature.

I do wonder how come the state let her keep the son after what he had done to the daughter. Talk about let down of a justice system. This is a classical case.
DAVID

Brunswick, GA

#13 Nov 13, 2007
WhatsRight wrote:
Well he did it to his daughter and Peggymonster stayed and apparently continued his sick azz torture on the son. Goes to show you where her loyalties lie. Never with what was morally or naturally right. Proves right there she was ALWAYS a freak of nature.
I do wonder how come the state let her keep the son after what he had done to the daughter. Talk about let down of a justice system. This is a classical case.
I heard from someone who knew the Edenfields for years that both kids were taken away and out into foster care. The son (George) went back to live with his parents when he aged out of the system.

A land far far away....

#14 Nov 13, 2007
Maybe, who knows. I was told he was in the home when his father returned from jail after having been convicted of incest. The matter still stands they are all monsters. How sad and unfair we have to pay taxes to feed and house them.
Carrie

Bethesda, MD

#15 Nov 14, 2007
WhatsRight wrote:
Maybe, who knows. I was told he was in the home when his father returned from jail after having been convicted of incest. The matter still stands they are all monsters. How sad and unfair we have to pay taxes to feed and house them.
Exactly. And nine times out of ten the abuse was going on way before anyone ever knew, most likely the monsters started right in when the kids were infants. Yuck!!! NOW AN ENTIRE FAMILY OF MOLESTERS. I do thank our LORD GOD that Dale did not participate in the actual act like the other three. I pray that Christopher's body just went numb and somehow GOD just took Christopher out of that situation spiritually. I just wonder why the edenfields we allowed to wear there everyday street in the court room? well they did for what I saw on tv for the first few trial appearances. Is that still the case?
Carrie

Bethesda, MD

#16 Nov 14, 2007
DAVID wrote:
<quoted text> I heard from someone who knew the Edenfields for years that both kids were taken away and out into foster care. The son (George) went back to live with his parents when he aged out of the system.
However, the abuse and the damage had already done.

A land far far away....

#17 Nov 14, 2007
And Christopher and his family suffered because of it. Thank god now, the horrific circle of evil is finally broken. Christopher really was an angel if you think about it.
Whtgl

Bethesda, MD

#18 Nov 14, 2007
WhatsRight wrote:
And Christopher and his family suffered because of it. Thank god now, the horrific circle of evil is finally broken. Christopher really was an angel if you think about it.
I really believe Christopher was an angel and I believe a lot more lives were saved because of Christopher not only because of this monster family but because of the nature of the crime people are watching children more closely. And they should no matter if its a good neighborhood and a bad one, we need to keep a watchful eye out for these molesters. You know I was reading this article that said it was not UNCOMMON for it to be a entire family of child molesters, I was just FLOORED!
Whtgl

Bethesda, MD

#19 Nov 14, 2007
I think Dana was mad because we totally ignored her on this thread so she tried to start drama. Well there will be plenty more conversations about Christopher and she (dana) will be excluded
Whtgl

Bethesda, MD

#20 Nov 16, 2007
bump

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glynn County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Student faces weapons charge Tyler Heinze, 17, ... (Mar '11) Apr '15 UKk 19
Domestic violence dentist Dec '14 Cross creek 1
News 10-year-old girl injured in St. Simons Island h... (Aug '14) Aug '14 I Hate Syracuse 1
katie collins and genoa reed (Mar '14) Jul '14 Carla miller 2
News Case In PointTHE F.T.C. Challenges Hydrogen Kit... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Help 1
News Georgia State Rep. Jason Spencer, challenger Na... (May '14) May '14 you darn 2
News Search efforts continue on Mackay River (Mar '14) Mar '14 tgp 1
More from around the web