First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concerned Resident

Jupiter, FL

#1 Apr 26, 2009
Here is copy of a letter to the editor, submitted to the Gazette, The Daily Depress, The Virginian Pilot, The Richmond Times Dispatch:
Dear Sirs:
Why is there more public outcry over Gloucester County supervisors giving early termination to employees (who had already resigned) than over corruption of the local justice system?
Publicly reported is that at least one of the persons appointed to a 2008 special grand jury had previously written to Commonwealth’s Attorney, Robert Hicks, requesting formation of the jury to which she was subsequently nominated to by Mr. Hicks and seated by Judge Shaw.
Are jurors allowed to be admittedly biased on the subject they are addressing? Is the loading of a biased jury legal? Did Ms. Boon perjure herself by not admitting bias with her appointment? Did Mr. Hicks break the law by appointing someone who requested a jury, to that same jury? Did Judge Shaw know of the appointment and allow it? Since minutes of the Special Grand Jury are sealed, there is currently no method of determining who is at fault.
Mr. Hicks was recently nominated as a candidate for a judgeship. If he is at fault in this jury nomination, then can he be trusted in a judgeship? Not to say that he is at fault, but that the matter should be investigated and the person at fault prosecuted! Why? First, to clear the political air in Gloucester and second so that Mr. Hicks is either found at fault or cleared of the matter and then allowed to cleanly pursue his political ambitions. Can Gloucester tolerate yet another political faux pas?
Such a bastardization of our justice system is rumored to be politically motivated by what might be labeled as the ‘Good Old Boy’ network of Gloucester. If this corruption of the justice is permitted now, then what tomorrow? Let us fix this problem now and show the ‘Good Old Boy’ network that corruption is on the run in Gloucester. Let us hope that the current investigation by the State Police requests either a special prosecutor/investigator be appointed by the Governor, or that the Attorney General’s office appoint a Special Grand Jury to investigate the matter and then prosecutes the faulty party appropriately.
Think about it

Ferndale, FL

#2 Apr 26, 2009
Tsk, tsk. Once again, this ficticious "Good Ole Boy" network is the problem in the county. I hate to break it to you but the outcry was more than just the firing. It was the way it was handled. The treating of the two men as common criminals, having sheriff's deputies watch them cleanout their offices, having the same supervisors hire a friend of the chairperson as interim county administrator BEFORE they took office. And interim who had no experience and resigned three weeks later AFTER realizing he stepped into a hornets nest of backroom dealing, lying to the public and out and out dishonesty.

These same supervisors then threatened county employees with firing if they didn't bend to their will and then, some would still be fired because they were "going to make some changes"

This started with the pressuring of a county employee to do the bidding of one of their major compaign contributors. Pressuring this employee to go against the very code he was hired to uphold. He was threatened with firing if he didn't do their bidding. But he wasn't. Why? Maybe because the outcry by the people showed these supervisors they were wrong.

And what about school board funding? Changing it without notifying the school board of their intent. This was so upseting to the people, this very board changed their mind a month later.

And lastly, their campign promise of open and honest government was nothing more than a shame. And the people saw thorough this shame, hence the outcry by the people.

If they firings had been the only thing they did that night, without the sheriff deputies, this would have been nothing more than another day in local government. But it wasn't. It was much more. And THAT's why there was the outcry by the people.

And if the corruption you speak of was relevent, they why haven't the lawyers for these four supervisors brought this to the attention of the courts. That's the question you need to ask.
foxxess

Colonial Beach, VA

#3 Apr 27, 2009
Concerned Resident wrote:
Here is copy of a letter to the editor, submitted to the Gazette, The Daily Depress, The Virginian Pilot, The Richmond Times Dispatch:
Dear Sirs:
Why is there more public outcry over Gloucester County supervisors giving early termination to employees (who had already resigned) than over corruption of the local justice system?
Publicly reported is that at least one of the persons appointed to a 2008 special grand jury had previously written to Commonwealth’s Attorney, Robert Hicks, requesting formation of the jury to which she was subsequently nominated to by Mr. Hicks and seated by Judge Shaw.
Are jurors allowed to be admittedly biased on the subject they are addressing? Is the loading of a biased jury legal? Did Ms. Boon perjure herself by not admitting bias with her appointment? Did Mr. Hicks break the law by appointing someone who requested a jury, to that same jury? Did Judge Shaw know of the appointment and allow it? Since minutes of the Special Grand Jury are sealed, there is currently no method of determining who is at fault.
Mr. Hicks was recently nominated as a candidate for a judgeship. If he is at fault in this jury nomination, then can he be trusted in a judgeship? Not to say that he is at fault, but that the matter should be investigated and the person at fault prosecuted! Why? First, to clear the political air in Gloucester and second so that Mr. Hicks is either found at fault or cleared of the matter and then allowed to cleanly pursue his political ambitions. Can Gloucester tolerate yet another political faux pas?
Such a bastardization of our justice system is rumored to be politically motivated by what might be labeled as the ‘Good Old Boy’ network of Gloucester. If this corruption of the justice is permitted now, then what tomorrow? Let us fix this problem now and show the ‘Good Old Boy’ network that corruption is on the run in Gloucester. Let us hope that the current investigation by the State Police requests either a special prosecutor/investigator be appointed by the Governor, or that the Attorney General’s office appoint a Special Grand Jury to investigate the matter and then prosecutes the faulty party appropriately.
Tally ho.
I can't wait to see the author's signature on this nugget of misinformation.
Concerned Resident

Jupiter, FL

#4 Apr 27, 2009
Think about it wrote:
Tsk, tsk. Once again, this ficticious "Good Ole Boy" network is the problem in the county. I hate to break it to you but the outcry was more than just the firing. It was the way it was handled. The treating of the two men as common criminals, having sheriff's deputies watch them cleanout their offices, having the same supervisors hire a friend of the chairperson as interim county administrator BEFORE they took office. And interim who had no experience and resigned three weeks later AFTER realizing he stepped into a hornets nest of backroom dealing, lying to the public and out and out dishonesty.
These same supervisors then threatened county employees with firing if they didn't bend to their will and then, some would still be fired because they were "going to make some changes"
This started with the pressuring of a county employee to do the bidding of one of their major compaign contributors. Pressuring this employee to go against the very code he was hired to uphold. He was threatened with firing if he didn't do their bidding. But he wasn't. Why? Maybe because the outcry by the people showed these supervisors they were wrong.
And what about school board funding? Changing it without notifying the school board of their intent. This was so upseting to the people, this very board changed their mind a month later.
And lastly, their campign promise of open and honest government was nothing more than a shame. And the people saw thorough this shame, hence the outcry by the people.
If they firings had been the only thing they did that night, without the sheriff deputies, this would have been nothing more than another day in local government. But it wasn't. It was much more. And THAT's why there was the outcry by the people.
And if the corruption you speak of was relevent, they why haven't the lawyers for these four supervisors brought this to the attention of the courts. That's the question you need to ask.
It is my understanding that Troy et al are looking into the matter too. As for the other items you mentioned, I am unable to bite off more than I can chew...why don't you get involved too?
Think about it

Bellevue, MI

#5 Apr 27, 2009
Concerned Resident wrote:
<quoted text>It is my understanding that Troy et al are looking into the matter too. As for the other items you mentioned, I am unable to bite off more than I can chew...why don't you get involved too?
Oh he is? Will he bill the county for this also or is it pro bono? The other items mentioned are well documented. I won't be surprised if something doesn't come out of all of this. And based on what I've been told by some very knowledgeable people, the last thing Troy would want is this thing brought out in the open. Because if it is, the testimony given by everyone who testified might get released and then everyone will know what went on behind the scenes, which could have the effect of more charges being brought fourth.

And like others, I can't wait until this letter appear. It should be interesting.
Concerned Resident

Jupiter, FL

#6 Apr 28, 2009
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he is? Will he bill the county for this also or is it pro bono? The other items mentioned are well documented. I won't be surprised if something doesn't come out of all of this. And based on what I've been told by some very knowledgeable people, the last thing Troy would want is this thing brought out in the open. Because if it is, the testimony given by everyone who testified might get released and then everyone will know what went on behind the scenes, which could have the effect of more charges being brought fourth.
And like others, I can't wait until this letter appear. It should be interesting.
Your concern for the morality of the incident is incredibly underwhelming!
Think about it

Golden, CO

#7 Apr 28, 2009
Concerned Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Your concern for the morality of the incident is incredibly underwhelming!
And your concern for the moraliy of this Board is more underwhelming. Need I remind you that if this Board hadn't done their dirty deeds, there would have never been a grand jury necessary.
Concerned Resident

Sorrento, FL

#8 Apr 28, 2009
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
And your concern for the moraliy of this Board is more underwhelming. Need I remind you that if this Board hadn't done their dirty deeds, there would have never been a grand jury necessary.
Separate ideas my friend. Two wrongs do not make a right. Each sin is a different issue. You are free to tackle that one, I choose to tackle this one. Supporting one does not deny or support the other.
FlowerpotMan

Colonial Beach, VA

#9 Apr 28, 2009
Have yourself a 14 hour technicolor dream.
Think about it

Golden, CO

#10 Apr 28, 2009
Concerned Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Separate ideas my friend. Two wrongs do not make a right. Each sin is a different issue. You are free to tackle that one, I choose to tackle this one. Supporting one does not deny or support the other.
That's your opinion, not shared by others. But there is enough evidence to show this board and their dirty deeds. Your opinions on the SGJ are nothing more than supposition.
Concerned Citizen

Gloucester, VA

#11 May 4, 2009
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your opinion, not shared by others. But there is enough evidence to show this board and their dirty deeds. Your opinions on the SGJ are nothing more than supposition.
Not true, Mr. Hicks has admitted to at least 3 people that he nominated Ms. Boon to the Jury, and that she was one of the letter writers who requested the Jury. Those are facts, not opinions. You show great bigotry in denying these facts. Facts are facts.
Think about it

United States

#12 May 5, 2009
Facts? And where did you get your information? If he told three people, did one of them tell you? And how do you know that what you've been told is actually what Hick's said? Did Hick's tell you? Those aren't facts, that his nothing more than hearsay and that is you showing your great bigotry. You totally overlook the facts that are known. FACT: This Board hired Lacy Smith prior to the Jan. 2 2008 meeting. Why is that a fact? Lacy Smith admitted this. FACT: TA and Ressler held secret meetings with supervisor's elect Crewe and Woodard. Again, it was admitted by both. FACT: They were all told not to reveal this to either Allen or Theberge. Rilee, who was at one of the meetings, admitted this. FACT: The Planning Director was pressured to release surities for a campign contributor of Crewe and Ressler, prior to achieving all the goals necessary in releasing the surety. I confirmed that fact myself.

You really don't hide yourself very well Bill.
Think about it

United States

#13 May 6, 2009
Gee Bill, you showed your true colors when you wrote your letter. I saw it tonight in the Gazette, but I had figured out it was you when I kept reading your rantings. And once again, you show your true side, changing names and spouting of the same dribble.

Well, you and your good friend the Pastorvisor Woodard appeared in the same issue, both trying to convince the peope this board did no wrong. But you can't hide it with your smoke and mirrors. The people know and the people will make a change.
foxxess

Colonial Beach, VA

#14 May 7, 2009
Well there it is. Hardly a surprise who wrote the letter full of rumor and gossip attempting to shift attention from the Gang of 4 to the SGJ and Hicks. It's not gonna work Bill. If you want to clear the air, urge for the release of the gang's sworn testimony given before the SJG. Without it you can't prove bias, perjury, or defamation. The only thing you're proving now is that you're their stooge.
Oneofuisabutt

Lynchburg, VA

#15 May 10, 2009
foxxess wrote:
Well there it is. Hardly a surprise who wrote the letter full of rumor and gossip attempting to shift attention from the Gang of 4 to the SGJ and Hicks. It's not gonna work Bill. If you want to clear the air, urge for the release of the gang's sworn testimony given before the SJG. Without it you can't prove bias, perjury, or defamation. The only thing you're proving now is that you're their stooge.
Interesting. So, according to you, his information is false and yours is fact? You both refer to the jury, why not ask for an investigation? It might serve you both.
Think about it

Brooklyn, NY

#16 May 10, 2009
Once again, Bill is changing names and makes false statements. Not even TA and Ressler have called for in investigation of the SGJ. Why do you suppose that is? Maybe because the testimony of the SGJ will come out and they could be re-indicted. Or maybe the public will know the true extent of their secrecy and false statements they have made to their "constituents". The way their attorney's have gone after the petitioners, one would think they would go after the SGJ if they felt it wouldn't harm them. But not a word.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why. Besides, from what I understand, some of those who had testified are going to turn over their testimony to petitioner's attorney. Should be interesting.
Nick in time

Gloucester, VA

#17 May 11, 2009
Think about it wrote:
Once again, Bill is changing names and makes false statements. Not even TA and Ressler have called for in investigation of the SGJ. Why do you suppose that is? Maybe because the testimony of the SGJ will come out and they could be re-indicted. Or maybe the public will know the true extent of their secrecy and false statements they have made to their "constituents". The way their attorney's have gone after the petitioners, one would think they would go after the SGJ if they felt it wouldn't harm them. But not a word.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why. Besides, from what I understand, some of those who had testified are going to turn over their testimony to petitioner's attorney. Should be interesting.
Nick thinks you're a liar and are trying, as usual, to take the discussion away from the subject. Nick thinks the hanky panky with a jury is truly a crime, and that someone, someone who broke the law, needs their fanny spanked.
Think about it

Battle Ground, WA

#18 May 12, 2009
Nick in time wrote:
<quoted text>Nick thinks you're a liar and are trying, as usual, to take the discussion away from the subject. Nick thinks the hanky panky with a jury is truly a crime, and that someone, someone who broke the law, needs their fanny spanked.
Bill, Bill, Bill there you go, using yet another name. You just can't change the fact that you're wrong by switch names to portend and posting falsehoods.
Think about it

Battle Ground, WA

#19 May 12, 2009
opps....portend "you have support"...
Nick in time

Newport News, VA

#20 May 14, 2009
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, Bill, Bill there you go, using yet another name. You just can't change the fact that you're wrong by switch names to portend and posting falsehoods.
Nick now knows that you're trying to get off the subject. So does Samantha, Fred, Louis, John, Henry, Mary, Sue,....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Residents asked to help keep Gloucester clean Mar '15 Meh 1
News New trial dates set in Middlesex shooting case Feb '15 meh 1
News Sheriff: Several dozen firearms stolen from Glo... Jan '15 meh 1
News Gloucester schools face challenge with proposed... Dec '14 meh 6
News Bob Hicks issues apology to supervisors to sett... (Aug '11) Dec '14 meh 307
News Gloucester student challenges new transgender p... Dec '14 meh 1
News Panel addresses transgender inclusion in Glouce... Dec '14 meh 1
More from around the web