Gloucester Sheriff's Office switching...

Gloucester Sheriff's Office switching uniform colors

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jan 22, 2010, titled Gloucester Sheriff's Office switching uniform colors. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Starting Feb. 1, the Gloucester County Sheriff's Office employees will have a new look.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Observer in Abington

Norfolk, VA

#1 Jan 23, 2010
I really like the new uniforms! I think it makes the Deputies look more like police officers than members of a Sheriff's Department.

I always wondered why law enforcement have to wear those black "dress shoes"...? Certainly, they must be difficult to manage while running, or even on wet floors.

KUDOS to Sheriff Gentry and his Command Staff for obtaining the new uniforms for the staff -- the purchase truely refelcts the hard work of the Department since the uniforms were paid for by confiscated items! What a great use of siezed goods, and what a great 'reward' for the staff!

Nice Job, Guys!
Think about it

United States

#2 Jan 23, 2010
Observer in Abington wrote:
I really like the new uniforms! I think it makes the Deputies look more like police officers than members of a Sheriff's Department.
I always wondered why law enforcement have to wear those black "dress shoes"...? Certainly, they must be difficult to manage while running, or even on wet floors.
KUDOS to Sheriff Gentry and his Command Staff for obtaining the new uniforms for the staff -- the purchase truely refelcts the hard work of the Department since the uniforms were paid for by confiscated items! What a great use of siezed goods, and what a great 'reward' for the staff!
Nice Job, Guys!
That is the real benefit, that the uniforms were paid by money's from confiscated items and not funded by the taxpayers during these very tough economic times.
Mo rons post from Hayes

Gloucester, VA

#3 Jan 24, 2010
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the real benefit, that the uniforms were paid by money's from confiscated items and not funded by the taxpayers during these very tough economic times.
You just get stupider and stupider. Why don't you go back and look at how that 'discretionary' money has been spent in the past. It all comes FROM and goes TO the same place. Saying the uniforms came from the confiscated monies/property is just a way of making it look politically correct. The money would have been spent on something else we desperately need anyway. You got the wool over your eyes, idiot.
Think about it

United States

#4 Jan 24, 2010
Mo rons post from Hayes wrote:
<quoted text>You just get stupider and stupider. Why don't you go back and look at how that 'discretionary' money has been spent in the past. It all comes FROM and goes TO the same place. Saying the uniforms came from the confiscated monies/property is just a way of making it look politically correct. The money would have been spent on something else we desperately need anyway. You got the wool over your eyes, idiot.
I know how it is spent, bill. No need to get nasty, just because you feel you have to spam up this thread. Not all confiscated monies/property goes to the sheriff's department. Some goes to the state. But it still is used for the sheriff's department to offset their expenses in lieu of tax dollars, whether it's state or local. So what's wrong with using it?

Once again, you attack without explaination. Gawd, you really are so focused on disrupting these threads you don't make any sense.
Mo rons post from Hayes

Gloucester, VA

#5 Jan 24, 2010
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how it is spent, bill. No need to get nasty, just because you feel you have to spam up this thread. Not all confiscated monies/property goes to the sheriff's department. Some goes to the state. But it still is used for the sheriff's department to offset their expenses in lieu of tax dollars, whether it's state or local. So what's wrong with using it?
Once again, you attack without explaination. Gawd, you really are so focused on disrupting these threads you don't make any sense.
He's not the only one who wants to see you go down. Disruption is goog.
Eternal Victim

United States

#6 Jan 24, 2010
Well, will someone tell me what color the new uniforms are?
Cym

Gloucester, VA

#8 Jan 24, 2010
Eternal Victim wrote:
Well, will someone tell me what color the new uniforms are?
Dark Blue. Watch channel 48, Cox Cable for the presentation, you can get all the details from Gentry there during the last BOS meeting. There are other qualities, including, according to Gentry, breathability, washability (no dry cleaning), better fit, etc.....
Mo rons post from Hayes

Gloucester, VA

#9 Jan 25, 2010
Just keep me safe everyone...when you see them parked on the side of the road with a radar trap, remember to flash your lights to warm everyone. I drive drunk and on bi-polar meds and don't want to get caught...again.
Mo rons post from Hayes

Gloucester, VA

#10 Jan 25, 2010
Cym wrote:
<quoted text>Dark Blue. Watch channel 48, Cox Cable for the presentation, you can get all the details from Gentry there during the last BOS meeting. There are other qualities, including, according to Gentry, breathability, washability (no dry cleaning), better fit, etc.....
Yes, please tune in...it's an exciting moment in Gloucester History. Channel 48 is my favorite. But then again, I have no life but my obsession with the BOS and post meaningless commits Topix all day.
Louise

Gloucester, VA

#11 Jan 25, 2010
Nice Job, Guys!
Does this mean they won't pick up my UPS packages anymore?
Mo rons post from Hayes

Gloucester, VA

#12 Jan 25, 2010
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Goog? Have another drink Bill.
Sorry, my shrink up the dosage of my meds and although I'm not supposed to drink, I can't help it. My only friend, the Dominos Pizza Delivery guy quit so I'm a bit bummed.
Wolf

Gloucester, VA

#13 Jan 31, 2010
Oh this is some ground breaking, earth shaking news ! What's next ? Goober's favorite deerhound gets hit by a truck ?
Buck Compton

United States

#14 Feb 4, 2010
What planet do you live on?, A uniform is a uniform he's still going to pull you over and write you a ticket.
Nice Job, Guys!
The Monkey

Hampton, VA

#15 Feb 4, 2010
Mo rons post from Hayes wrote:
<quoted text>You just get stupider and stupider. Why don't you go back and look at how that 'discretionary' money has been spent in the past. It all comes FROM and goes TO the same place. Saying the uniforms came from the confiscated monies/property is just a way of making it look politically correct. The money would have been spent on something else we desperately need anyway. You got the wool over your eyes, idiot.
Inbred mugwump. And even tho you might not be wrong, you are a douchebag.
Moe rons post from hayes

Newport News, VA

#16 Feb 5, 2010
The Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Inbred mugwump. And even tho you might not be wrong, you are a douchebag.
Did you parents have ANY kids with IQ's above 19?
BILLS Comedy Hour

Salem, OR

#17 Feb 13, 2010
Enjoying your fame? What meds are you really on, you can tell us, we know the rest about you. Do you wear heart shape speedos too?
Nerve wracking whackomundo.
Cym

Gloucester, VA

#18 Feb 13, 2010
BILLS Comedy Hour wrote:
Enjoying your fame? What meds are you really on, you can tell us, we know the rest about you. Do you wear heart shape speedos too?
Nerve wracking whackomundo.
Excuse me? Did i do something? Did i say something? Obviously i did SOMETHING right, i piss you off......i like that........
gojo

Gloucester, VA

#19 Mar 25, 2010
u serious?
Observer in Abington

Norfolk, VA

#20 Mar 26, 2010
Buck Compton wrote:
What planet do you live on?, A uniform is a uniform he's still going to pull you over and write you a ticket.
<quoted text>
I have no idea what you are citing as the basis of your comment. And, I wouldn't know about being pulled over and having anyone write me a ticket, so I will concede to YOU on that point since you obviously have the experience.
The Facts

United States

#21 Apr 16, 2010
The fact of the matter is the Sheriff has mislead the public, once again. The uniforms cost approx.$92,000 of assett money, which is money seized from drug operations. The current uniforms were not is a bad condition as he indicated and the money could of subplanted the budget in other ways, other than leaving his state police mark on the county. He said the old uniforms were dry clean only, which is NOT correct, and the NEW uniforms are NOT dry clean only, which they are. He only said that because the salesman told him they could be washed and to ignore the huge dry clean only tag on the inside of the uniforms.

Doesn't really matter, the public hasn't had time to see the real Sheriff yet. They will, his colors aare slowly coming out. From his misleading the public, to the favortism he shows to the female officers at his office, to the micro managing of his staff. As long as you wear your hat and look good in the uniform you will go far with him.

Either way.....whatever

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The first 100 days in LGBT rights Apr 29 Prosperity Fundie... 2
News Stafford High transgender senior speaks out on ... Apr '17 sara69 2
News Crime 22 mins ago 11:57 a.m.8 arrested, 1 at la... Mar '17 Fred A 1
News Man sentenced to 5 years for soliciting Glouces... Feb '17 meh plus 1
News 4 juvenile suspects identified in vandalized Ch... Dec '16 meh plus 1
News Trump and Transgender Student Rights - An Early... (Nov '16) Nov '16 meh plus 1
News Reader: Schools should wait for Supreme Court, ... (Oct '16) Nov '16 meh plus 4
More from around the web