Gloucester petitioners won't have their day in court

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

Parker fined the petitioners $2,000 each in December. The $80,000 would cover part of $129,321 in attorney fees and court costs awarded to four county supervisors who had faced petitions to remove them office, after the effort was thrown out of court.
Comments
1 - 20 of 180 Comments Last updated May 4, 2009
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
American Pie

Gloucester, VA

#1 Apr 18, 2009
Anyone surprised?
Tired of the Whining

Gloucester, VA

#2 Apr 18, 2009
Let the ugliness begin....
Hayes Resident

AOL

#3 Apr 18, 2009
T.A. must know Judge Parker, too !!
Justice in Gloucester

United States

#4 Apr 18, 2009
Ok, the So-called judge has re-affirmed the peoples case for his quick removal from the bench. This clown is not fit to be a dog-catcher much less the chief judge of the Suffolk Judaical system.

We seem to have managed to acquire a lot of incompetent, idiot, constitution ignorer's and judicial activists. We have to get them out and off the bench never allowing them to hold any public position again.
just think

Gloucester, VA

#6 Apr 18, 2009
My question is why won't the 40 insist upon testifiyng? They have claimed all along to have mountains of evidence agaisnt the 4. Now is the time to lay it on the table. Here is your chance to prove you are right! Seems to me Emmert is scared because there is no evidence against the 4. Can you imagine cross examination...The other attorneys would rip the 40 apart. That is why Emmert doesn't want the 40 on the stand not weeks and weeks tied up in court. Why stop now? It's only been a little over a year. Hell keep it going, those fees are getting bigger and bigger. The 4 has PROOF and TRUTH. If the 40 had the same...they would testify and be proud to do it. After all it is a constituional right. Isn't that what this has been all about, or so you say.
Gaelic Sookie

Medical Lake, WA

#7 Apr 18, 2009
American Pie wrote:
Anyone surprised?
I am not surpirsed, it is RARE that a Judge would recant his orginal " bargin with the devil "
order.

Had Parker imo, recanted, it would SHOW his stupidity. We ALL know why.
Let the Appeal Process begin.
Gaelic Sookie

Medical Lake, WA

#8 Apr 18, 2009
Gern, shut up. It is getting OLD...and YOU being
TA supporter is NOT setting well ....on other sites as well. It really is NOT humorous GERN, it is disgusting. Just buy a gift or PAY TA A VISIT with your wit....Go back to work.
Gaelic Sookie

Medical Lake, WA

#9 Apr 18, 2009
justthink: Shut the helll up. Troubling weasle.
You have NO CLUE do you?
Docket

Aylett, VA

#10 Apr 18, 2009
just think wrote:
My question is why won't the 40 insist upon testifiyng? They have claimed all along to have mountains of evidence agaisnt the 4. Now is the time to lay it on the table. Here is your chance to prove you are right! Seems to me Emmert is scared because there is no evidence against the 4. Can you imagine cross examination...The other attorneys would rip the 40 apart. That is why Emmert doesn't want the 40 on the stand not weeks and weeks tied up in court. Why stop now? It's only been a little over a year. Hell keep it going, those fees are getting bigger and bigger. The 4 has PROOF and TRUTH. If the 40 had the same...they would testify and be proud to do it. After all it is a constituional right. Isn't that what this has been all about, or so you say.
That's funny. I don't care who you are that's funny. Why weren't you insisting your wife and the rest of her gang testify when Hicks' was investigating over a year ago if they had truth and proof? Please don't bother touting their affadavits; they contain neither.
beautiful day

United States

#11 Apr 18, 2009
just think wrote:
My question is why won't the 40 insist upon testifiyng? They have claimed all along to have mountains of evidence agaisnt the 4. Now is the time to lay it on the table. Here is your chance to prove you are right! Seems to me Emmert is scared because there is no evidence against the 4. Can you imagine cross examination...The other attorneys would rip the 40 apart. That is why Emmert doesn't want the 40 on the stand not weeks and weeks tied up in court. Why stop now? It's only been a little over a year. Hell keep it going, those fees are getting bigger and bigger. The 4 has PROOF and TRUTH. If the 40 had the same...they would testify and be proud to do it. After all it is a constituional right. Isn't that what this has been all about, or so you say.
The 4 would be proud to testify that behaved like horses ass-es? hmmm....

Interesting.
beautiful day

United States

#12 Apr 18, 2009
horses a s s e s
Gaelic Sookie

Medical Lake, WA

#13 Apr 18, 2009
just think: you have JUST sold your soul to the "little horn"......and you are a LIAR!
beautiful day

United States

#14 Apr 18, 2009
Gaelic Sookie wrote:
justthink: Shut the helll up. Troubling weasle.
You have NO CLUE do you?
Gae, just ignore the fool. He/she is not worth the time spent to type your replys.

The county will bear the brunt of this unfortunately, but better than the 40. This is truely outrageous.

HEY! I have an idea! Call obama! Perhaps he can put it in the next stimulus package!

It's just another bump in the road folks.
beautiful day

United States

#15 Apr 18, 2009
Docket wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. I don't care who you are that's funny. Why weren't you insisting your wife and the rest of her gang testify when Hicks' was investigating over a year ago if they had truth and proof? Please don't bother touting their affadavits; they contain neither.
Great, point Docket.
I think we should pass out copies of the tape of the Jan. 2/3 2008 meeting just to refresh everyone's memories on why this started. Or maybe we could rent Hillside cinema and show it there. I will buy popcorn for everyone! You bring the beer!
Gern could escort Ms. Altemus down the red carpet as the guest of honor and you know who could be her lady in waiting. How about Gern? YOu up for it?
Gaelic Sookie

Medical Lake, WA

#16 Apr 18, 2009
beautiful day: We want O out of office TOO.
Thank you for the insight, I need it here with these ignorants who just do not realize HOW OFFENSIVE they have treated the First Amendment.

They don't take the Laws of OUR Land in consideration, & I don't expect any respect from naysayers....but, there are times......POW!
Pete

United States

#17 Apr 18, 2009
just think wrote:
My question is why won't the 40 insist upon testifiyng? They have claimed all along to have mountains of evidence agaisnt the 4. Now is the time to lay it on the table. Here is your chance to prove you are right! Seems to me Emmert is scared because there is no evidence against the 4. Can you imagine cross examination...The other attorneys would rip the 40 apart. That is why Emmert doesn't want the 40 on the stand not weeks and weeks tied up in court. Why stop now? It's only been a little over a year. Hell keep it going, those fees are getting bigger and bigger. The 4 has PROOF and TRUTH. If the 40 had the same...they would testify and be proud to do it. After all it is a constituional right. Isn't that what this has been all about, or so you say.
I would gladly testify! And, you are wrong. We were not given a chance to testify in the beginning, thereby ignoring our right to due process. We were never summoned to be in court and when one of the 40 requested to postpone in order to prepare for a defense, it was denied. Many others NEVER received any notice of the hearing or the impending sanctions.

Parker will be overturned in the Supreme Court of VA....or the US Supreme Court.
Pete

United States

#18 Apr 18, 2009
just think wrote:
My question is why won't the 40 insist upon testifiyng? They have claimed all along to have mountains of evidence agaisnt the 4. Now is the time to lay it on the table. Here is your chance to prove you are right! Seems to me Emmert is scared because there is no evidence against the 4. Can you imagine cross examination...The other attorneys would rip the 40 apart. That is why Emmert doesn't want the 40 on the stand not weeks and weeks tied up in court. Why stop now? It's only been a little over a year. Hell keep it going, those fees are getting bigger and bigger. The 4 has PROOF and TRUTH. If the 40 had the same...they would testify and be proud to do it. After all it is a constituional right. Isn't that what this has been all about, or so you say.
Furthermore, I wrote to Randall and told him I would testify. That I had no personal connections to anyone involved. It was STRICTLY the behavior of the 4 that got my attention AND the report of the SGJ.

However, I NEVER expected that Parker would back off his order. He is much too arrogant for that. And, had I even tried to speak up in court, I would have ended up in contempt of court. He made it perfectly clear in court that day no one was to speak out AT ALL!So, I have expected this to go to a higher court all along..and now it will, for sure. About damned time!
Gaelic Sookie

Rapid City, SD

#19 Apr 18, 2009
It's past time to admit that we were wrong about TA. She is doing a great job for Gloucester. I have finally seen the light and will gladly pay my $2000. The rest of you 39 whiners should do the same.
Pete

United States

#21 Apr 18, 2009
Gaelic Sookie wrote:
It's past time to admit that we were wrong about TA. She is doing a great job for Gloucester. I have finally seen the light and will gladly pay my $2000. The rest of you 39 whiners should do the same.
You haven't been following the posts. Everyone knows Gaelic Sookie is NOT one of the 40 and would never support TA! LOL
beautiful day

United States

#22 Apr 18, 2009
Oh My Goodness! An Imposter!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Hicks issues apology to supervisors to sett... (Aug '11) Jul '14 meh 305
Mother who kept daughter in cage now charged wi... Jun '14 Meh 2
Jailed Iraq veteran turns to governor for help Apr '14 Tom 1
Gloucester man injured, hospitalized after brea... Apr '14 Tom 1
Gloucester wins grant for cigarette problem at ... (Jul '13) Feb '14 DUH IM missnoname 70
Sentencing for Gloucester rapist delayed (Feb '14) Feb '14 Tom 1
Note 'confessing' to James City homicide found ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 sam 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gloucester County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••