Gloucester sheriff's indictment could...

Gloucester sheriff's indictment could be expunged

There are 27 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jun 10, 2009, titled Gloucester sheriff's indictment could be expunged. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Gloucester Sheriff Steve Gentry wants a clean record - for himself. Gentry has asked a judge to expunge his July 2008 indictment by a Gloucester County special grand jury on a misdemeanor charge of malfeasance, misfeasance and misuse of office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Reflections

Gloucester, VA

#23 Jun 12, 2009
Excellent, factual and well written Sabo article.
Gaelic Sookie

United States

#24 Jun 12, 2009
They are nice looking vehicles, Dodge Chargers, designed by Mercedes Benz. Nice rides too.

Again, he may lose the next election, he may not.
Thinking in advance might not be so horrible, re this issue, but,the entire Hampton Roads Area
already knows about this ongoing mess in Gloucester. & You can't out run the truth.
Casual Responder

Norfolk, VA

#25 Jun 12, 2009
Gaelic Sookie wrote:
Well,in my honest opinion, he might have competition, I don't know, but, this event will not leave the buds of folks minds.
I will give RS credit, he did have a good handle on things going on. R.I.P.
But, for Gentry attempting to expunged, the world already knows about it. It should have been done last year imo. No biggie, the area knows what went down. Vote well is all I can say.
All I can say is this "Clarence Bowser 2012"
York Voter

AOL

#26 Jun 12, 2009
Dark Star wrote:
Another weasel tries to escape.
good, then let him hire a $1000 dollar lawyer with his own money and try. I want a misdo expunged from 1979 for a fight in which I was found nolled. If he gets special treatment, the rest of us should.eom
ohyes

Virginia Beach, VA

#27 Jun 15, 2009
Good ole Glock county is at it again. Clear up this man's record and get over it. A new sheriff came to town. The end!!!
Growup

Virginia Beach, VA

#28 Jun 15, 2009
York Voter wrote:
<quoted text>good, then let him hire a $1000 dollar lawyer with his own money and try. I want a misdo expunged from 1979 for a fight in which I was found nolled. If he gets special treatment, the rest of us should.eom
You need to be quiet and let the dead sleep before you find the charges sitting in your lap again. Loose lips sink ships.
Perry Mason

AOL

#29 Jun 15, 2009
Growup wrote:
<quoted text>You need to be quiet and let the dead sleep before you find the charges sitting in your lap again. Loose lips sink ships.
Most HR Offices recognize what nolle prosq. means. It is simply a dismssal except the charge is still @ VSP Records w/nolle,,,, a prosecutor,Commonwealth's Atty is admitting there is not enough evidence to bring a conviction due to police stupidity and slopiness or just a flat out lie on the plantiff. Usually over in 10 minutes. As for the above person,''fight'', would probably be an A&B misdomeanor in which after a nolle prosq., the plantiff has up to 1 year to retry. So, if it's been more than 365 days, it's a dead case if retried, which it won't be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two arrested in connection to series of Glouces... Jan '18 alt 1
News Crime 22 mins ago 11:57 a.m.8 arrested, 1 at la... (Mar '17) Jan '18 jh12va 3
News The first 100 days in LGBT rights (Apr '17) Jul '17 meh plus 3
News Justice Department Honors Gavin Grimm Despite F... (Jul '17) Jul '17 meh plus 1
News Stafford High transgender senior speaks out on ... (Dec '16) Apr '17 sara69 2
News Man sentenced to 5 years for soliciting Glouces... (Feb '17) Feb '17 meh plus 1
News 4 juvenile suspects identified in vandalized Ch... (Dec '16) Dec '16 meh plus 1