Gloucester sheriff's indictment could be expunged

Gloucester Sheriff Steve Gentry wants a clean record - for himself. Gentry has asked a judge to expunge his July 2008 indictment by a Gloucester County special grand jury on a misdemeanor charge of malfeasance, misfeasance and misuse of office. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dark Star

Williamsburg, VA

#1 Jun 11, 2009
Another weasel tries to escape.
granny

Colonial Beach, VA

#2 Jun 11, 2009
When will it end? He was in the first days of his term, so he should be excused for not knowing RIGHT from WRONG? If there is no record, then no dirty deed was done, is that it? NO WAY!!

Even if the RECORD is expunged, it still happened and the citizens of Gloucester will not forget. I voted for Sheriff Gentry, and he continues to disappoint. This is no doubt the kind of advice the foul four is picking up at those NACO seminars: How to get your record erased once you've shafted your constituents.

Thanks Matt, and WELCOME HOME!
dominos

Church View, VA

#3 Jun 11, 2009
What are the odds that the foulest unethical four will get in line behind Gentry to get expunged?
lesson learned

Newport News, VA

#4 Jun 11, 2009
Hmmm, Matt's story seems factual, ethical, 51% complete. Could he have learned a lesson at seminary about lying being bad?
Incredible Cover Up

United States

#5 Jun 11, 2009
lesson learned wrote:
Hmmm, Matt's story seems factual, ethical, 51% complete. Could he have learned a lesson at seminary about lying being bad?
Nah, Matt is right on time. Gentry KNOWS his involvment with THIS ongoing mess is going to HURT his election. And I disagree with "clean slate" status, lessons learned, let it stand.

seaford huh?
Incredible Cover Up

United States

#6 Jun 11, 2009
lesson learned in seaford....come on, who is telling some lies all over the place here.
Wouldn't it be peachy keen to be perfect, "lying so bad".....come on, we had/have an agreement,right?

Welcome Home Matt Sabo, and Family.
Love that Wiffle Ball! lol
Pete

United States

#8 Jun 11, 2009
lesson learned wrote:
Well, why don't you fill us in on the remaining 49% of the story since you think it was incomplete!?
Gaelic Sookie

United States

#9 Jun 11, 2009
lesson learned -seaford.....:)

I know you have issues with Matt and the DP.
Here is an idea, why not sit down with Matt or whatever, and find out HOW FAR he can go with his articles? Matt is a VERY trust worthy Man. And that is another factual revelation.

When I have issues with people, I get down to the brass tacks and FIND OUT what I need to know.
If I remain unsatisfied with a response, I back off, or ride the storm out, by fact finding, if it still bothers me.

Simple logic. OK?
hesabird

United States

#10 Jun 11, 2009
lesson learned wrote:
Oh Cym/Bill, you're so transparent!
Anuder nudder pnut budder

Newport News, VA

#12 Jun 11, 2009
hesabird wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Cym/Bill, you're so transparent!
I feel the love, do u?
Justice in Gloucester

United States

#13 Jun 11, 2009
lesson learned wrote:
Bill it wouldn't make any difference as you don't have the mental capacity to know one way or the other. You apparently didn't learn your lesson.
Truth

Tappahannock, VA

#14 Jun 11, 2009
The Gentry may get the court to expunge his indictment from his criminal history.

After all, we should expect a 30+ year police "professional" to know the Constitution.

But how does he intend to supress what everybody already knows? How can he prevent "Free Speech"? The story is already documented multiple times in the news media. Will Gentry try to silence them?

It seems that one who was so cavalier with basic search & seizure laws would have no problem using his police power to force local citizens into shutting up about his indictment.
Mystified

Tappahannock, VA

#15 Jun 11, 2009
granny wrote:
When will it end? He was in the first days of his term, so he should be excused for not knowing RIGHT from WRONG? If there is no record, then no dirty deed was done, is that it? NO WAY!!
Even if the RECORD is expunged, it still happened and the citizens of Gloucester will not forget. I voted for Sheriff Gentry, and he continues to disappoint. This is no doubt the kind of advice the foul four is picking up at those NACO seminars: How to get your record erased once you've shafted your constituents.
Thanks Matt, and WELCOME HOME!
I agree completely! Gentry has done nothing but continue to disappoint. I heard that he has lost accreditation for his agency. This was something Robin Stanway brought that raised the standards of how the department operated and made it more professional. Gentry seems to be taking the sheriff's department backwards 30 years. What a dolt!
Gaelic Sookie

United States

#16 Jun 11, 2009
Well,in my honest opinion, he might have competition, I don't know, but, this event will not leave the buds of folks minds.

I will give RS credit, he did have a good handle on things going on. R.I.P.

But, for Gentry attempting to expunged, the world already knows about it. It should have been done last year imo. No biggie, the area knows what went down. Vote well is all I can say.
gloucester

AOL

#17 Jun 11, 2009
I thank in va his record is only clean from the public veiw it should still be on his record we will see if it is done that way someone should check on that.
Gaelic Sookie

Laurel, MD

#18 Jun 11, 2009
Well, it might be a good move, what if he did lose the next election? Resume'....whatever, it is public knowledge. Vote well.
Newport Newsian

United States

#19 Jun 11, 2009
Mystified wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely! Gentry has done nothing but continue to disappoint. I heard that he has lost accreditation for his agency. This was something Robin Stanway brought that raised the standards of how the department operated and made it more professional. Gentry seems to be taking the sheriff's department backwards 30 years. What a dolt!
he did bring in Dodge Chargers instead of the Crown Vics
No Brainer

Newport News, VA

#20 Jun 11, 2009
Of course he'll be excused from his charges. The political inbreds are all soft on officers committing crimes.
Don

Smithfield, VA

#21 Jun 11, 2009
Newport Newsian wrote:
<quoted text>
Switching from Ford to Chrysler as Chrysler goes bankrupt, good move!
Think about it

Dana, NC

#22 Jun 11, 2009
Newport Newsian wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the first chargers were ordered before Stanaway left office. I could be wrong, but that was what I was told.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New trial dates set in Middlesex shooting case Feb 3 meh 1
Sheriff: Several dozen firearms stolen from Glo... Jan '15 meh 1
Gloucester schools face challenge with proposed... Dec '14 meh 6
Bob Hicks issues apology to supervisors to sett... (Aug '11) Dec '14 meh 307
Gloucester student challenges new transgender p... Dec '14 meh 1
Panel addresses transgender inclusion in Glouce... Dec '14 meh 1
Transgender Gloucester teen fights to use boys'... Nov '14 meh 1
More from around the web