Altemus ousted in Gloucester

Altemus ousted in Gloucester

There are 34 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 4, 2009, titled Altemus ousted in Gloucester. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Political newcomer Carter Borden will represent the York District on the Gloucester County Board of Supervisors, unseating incumbent Supervisor Teresa Altemus in a stunningly easy victory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cym

Leavenworth, KS

#21 Nov 23, 2009
Meh, this forum is traditionally used by a group of idiotic social gossips who do nothing but talk badly, and i mean badly, about people personally. They disseminate misinformation for the purpose of causing personal damage to their fellow citizens. They do not stay on topic and they are not nice. So Cym is on a mission to remove this as one of their modes of communication. If you notice, Cym does not interfere when they are civil, which has been almost never. Cym does take an occasional break, to let them think they have it back, and then returns to fix the problem.
LOL

Norfolk, VA

#22 Nov 23, 2009
Cym wrote:
Meh, this forum is traditionally used by a group of idiotic social gossips who do nothing but talk badly, and i mean badly, about people personally. They disseminate misinformation for the purpose of causing personal damage to their fellow citizens. They do not stay on topic and they are not nice. So Cym is on a mission to remove this as one of their modes of communication. If you notice, Cym does not interfere when they are civil, which has been almost never. Cym does take an occasional break, to let them think they have it back, and then returns to fix the problem.
You truly are delusional.
Cym1

Leavenworth, KS

#23 Nov 23, 2009
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are delusional.
We all have our personal projects.....would you like to help? The more random posts, the better!
Truth

Harrison, NJ

#24 Nov 23, 2009
Cym wrote:
Boo, Boo, Boo....
This is fun!
You can save your tears Bill. Teresa is already crying enough for both of you.
Think about it

United States

#25 Nov 23, 2009
Meh wrote:
From what I have followed ont his forum not much is really discussed. Cym is doing what is called trolling and everyone gives him the attention. Lets get back on the topic.
Well, the topic is about the ouster of Altemus in the recent election. Based on the election results, I would say she lost the trust of the people, she didn't convince them she was innocent of all the accusations against her, but mostly she didn't change their minds that her votes were truly for the benefit of the people she served. The bottome line is she brought this on herself with her heavey hand way she swept into power two years ago, rather then listen to the people who wanted a board that was willing to work as a group without conflict to do the best for the county.
Cym

Gloucester, VA

#26 Nov 23, 2009
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the topic is about the ouster of Altemus in the recent election. Based on the election results, I would say she lost the trust of the people, she didn't convince them she was innocent of all the accusations against her, but mostly she didn't change their minds that her votes were truly for the benefit of the people she served. The bottome line is she brought this on herself with her heavey hand way she swept into power two years ago, rather then listen to the people who wanted a board that was willing to work as a group without conflict to do the best for the county.
Finally you can post civilly? I'm impressed. To the topic, I'm not sure that I'd blame any conflict on Teresa. I think each member of the board shares some blame on the conflict, some more than others. I do not find it amazing that you blame only one, while I see others who cause significantly more conflict. It is a common theme in this county that there are 'personal' issues instead of 'subjects' that are tackled. One member blames another for not communicating and that one blames the other back, when both should be at the table talking. I find it disgusting that we can't just do politics and still go home and be friends at the end of the day.
Cym

Suffolk, VA

#28 Nov 24, 2009
MOVE wrote:
We can do politics and go home.Bill, you are the one with the problem. I have friends that support one or more of the four and we have open discussions and agree to disagree. They have always and will always be my friends.
For someone who has such little respect for the people, the High School and most everything else here in the county....Why do You Stay?
So why don't you promote your philosophy of agreeing to disagree more? Don't you think that would be helpful?
Think about it

Mechanicsville, MD

#29 Nov 24, 2009
Cym wrote:
<quoted text>Finally you can post civilly? I'm impressed. To the topic, I'm not sure that I'd blame any conflict on Teresa. I think each member of the board shares some blame on the conflict, some more than others. I do not find it amazing that you blame only one, while I see others who cause significantly more conflict. It is a common theme in this county that there are 'personal' issues instead of 'subjects' that are tackled. One member blames another for not communicating and that one blames the other back, when both should be at the table talking. I find it disgusting that we can't just do politics and still go home and be friends at the end of the day.
I base my observations on years of watching this board, not the two years you've lived in the county. I've attended more board meetings then most people (except Howard Mowry, but then, I have a life). So when I make an opinionated statement, I'm making it base on educated observation. I've seen boards disagree yet remain civil. I've seen boards that carried on open debate without getting angry and making nasty remarks to each other. And I've never seen the devisiveness on a board until Ressler was elected. Since her election, there has been more animosity and open hostility then in the past twenty five years. TA was even cordial with members of the board she didn't agree with until Ressler's election.

And before you slam me for making this educated observation, it is shared by several former board members, who saw the change in TA and board meetings once Ressler was elected.

I won't say there hasn't been other members who contibuted to the conflict, but, before Ressler, it wasn't even close to what is has been since she took office in 2004.
Truth

Harrison, NJ

#30 Nov 24, 2009
Cym wrote:
<quoted text>Finally you can post civilly? I'm impressed. To the topic, I'm not sure that I'd blame any conflict on Teresa. I think each member of the board shares some blame on the conflict, some more than others. I do not find it amazing that you blame only one, while I see others who cause significantly more conflict. It is a common theme in this county that there are 'personal' issues instead of 'subjects' that are tackled. One member blames another for not communicating and that one blames the other back, when both should be at the table talking. I find it disgusting that we can't just do politics and still go home and be friends at the end of the day.
Bill can't you accept the fact you don't have any friends?
Jojo

Gloucester, VA

#31 Nov 24, 2009
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill can't you accept the fact you don't have any friends?
Why do you pester him so? It is as though you enjoy him going random on the blog! You people are insane.
Pluto

Hayes, VA

#32 Nov 25, 2009
And he talks to himself.
Cym

Norfolk, VA

#33 Nov 25, 2009
Pluto wrote:
And he talks to himself.
Given the present company, talking to himself increases the average IQ of the conversation by at least 150 points.
Think about it

United States

#34 Nov 25, 2009
Jojo wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you pester him so? It is as though you enjoy him going random on the blog! You people are insane.
Random on the blog? Go back and look who always posts and tries to have the last word, then you'll see who random is.
Jojo

Gloucester, VA

#35 Nov 25, 2009
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Random on the blog? Go back and look who always posts and tries to have the last word, then you'll see who random is.
It looks to me like you're talking about yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court Orders Virginia School Board to Let Trans... Jun 25 Sneaky Pete 2
News U.S. court denies motion to reconsider transgen... Jun 1 Gay Peace on Earth 6
News Transgender teen wins bathroom case May '16 Time again 4
News ACLU: Gloucester transgender lawsuit comes at c... Jan '16 meh 2
News Renovations will transform former Gloucester se... Jan '16 meh 6
News Body found in ditch along Gloucester County hig... (Jan '16) Jan '16 tRUMP SUPPORTER 1
News Community wants to make mobility a reality for ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 meh 1
More from around the web