Four Gloucester supervisors each sue prosecutor for $1.35 million

There are 6 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 12, 2009, titled Four Gloucester supervisors each sue prosecutor for $1.35 million. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Four county supervisors have each filed $1.35 million lawsuits against Commonwealth's Attorney Robert D. Hicks, saying that he made defamatory and false statements against them that smeared their reputations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cym

Newport News, VA

#21 Nov 18, 2009
Think about it wrote:
Gee, the way I read it,
"1. For neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties when that neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties has a material adverse effect upon the conduct of the office, or"
I'd say the misuse of office,(by installing a personal friend as interim county administrator or helping a campign contributor in pressuring a county employee to prematurely release sureties for starters). While I understand the petitions may have been filed based on the indictments, it doesn't mean they couldn't be removed by petition just because they weren't convicted.
Either way, it's a mute point, TA's gone and soon the other three will be gone too.
Jo, i think your words were lost on the ditzs. Doesn't look like TAI even gets the point.

And 'mute', are you a friggin idiot? Try looking up the difference between 'mute' and 'moot', ok?

You make your own point, dumbass, that the petitions were filed based on the convictions. Which had not happened. They did not file on any other basis. Case closed. Dumbass.

See what level of intelligence I have to deal with here, Jo?
Think about it

United States

#22 Nov 18, 2009
Gee, bill, you do have the ability to read just what you want and not the whole section of the code. There are three reasons for removal of an elected official according to section 24.2-233 of the state code. Two of them involve criminal convictions, but the first one states,

"For neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties when that neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties has a material adverse effect upon the conduct of the office, or"

A person or group doesn't need a criminal conviction to properly file petition for recall.

And you don't have to deal with me, you can ignore me and just go away. You complain that people don't want to have open debate or you can't express your opinions, yet when someone disagrees with you, you can only call them names.

Well if you hate me so much, why do you keep coming back? Just ignore me. Especially now, after your "friends" are going down. TA was the first and your master, Ressler will be gone in two years, if not before.

So, I'll always have the last laugh.*L*
Jojo

Hayes, VA

#24 Nov 18, 2009
Meagan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do us all a favor. PLEASE just ignore him.
Don't you get the impression they are both on moronic missions?
Dogpatch

Gloucester, VA

#25 Nov 19, 2009
#16, 17, 18: Cute!

TAI,#20 a moot point. I like your posts. Just thought you'd want to look up that expression
Think about it

United States

#26 Nov 19, 2009
Yeah, I miss typed mute instead of moot...I get the point.
I'll ignore him Meagan, but I won't sit idley by and watch the misinformation be posted.
Cym

United States

#27 Nov 20, 2009
Think about it wrote:
Yeah, I miss typed mute instead of moot...I get the point.
I'll ignore him Meagan, but I won't sit idley by and watch the misinformation be posted.
Seems to me, you post most of that misinformation.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Residents asked to help keep Gloucester clean Mar '15 Meh 1
News New trial dates set in Middlesex shooting case Feb '15 meh 1
News Sheriff: Several dozen firearms stolen from Glo... Jan '15 meh 1
News Gloucester schools face challenge with proposed... Dec '14 meh 6
News Bob Hicks issues apology to supervisors to sett... (Aug '11) Dec '14 meh 307
News Gloucester student challenges new transgender p... Dec '14 meh 1
News Panel addresses transgender inclusion in Glouce... Dec '14 meh 1
More from around the web