Altemus will run for re-election in G...

Altemus will run for re-election in Gloucester

There are 326 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Apr 29, 2009, titled Altemus will run for re-election in Gloucester. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"After much consideration and strong encouragement from my family, friends and constituency, I have decided to seek another term on the Board of Supervisors and continue to proudly represent the York District," the 16-year county lawmaker said in an e-mailed press release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
American Pie

Glen Allen, VA

#1 Apr 29, 2009
Big Cajones....talk about thumbing your nose at the community. It'll be extremely interesting to see how the next election pans out. We'll all have a better idea of how the majority feels. Will probably bring out voters in droves....anyone reckon Mayor Daly will drop in to give her some election pointers?
Vic Gearhead

Gloucester, VA

#2 Apr 29, 2009
No matter who else is on the ballot they would have my vote. It's time to unseat all incumbents.
Anonymous

Newport News, VA

#3 Apr 29, 2009
Let me cast the first non-vote. New leadership is needed in the county. I signed my share of the petitions, and I am absolutely concerned for the future of Gloucester.
meme

Norfolk, VA

#4 Apr 29, 2009
I thought that I would never leave Hampton. But I am moving to Gloucester just to vote in the election AGAINST her!!!!!!! LOL
WOW

Gloucester, VA

#5 Apr 29, 2009
picture of her coming out of the Court House after one of her many appearences in court this last year....... Not a great choice for her...
Jimmy P

Hampton, VA

#6 Apr 29, 2009
This will be fun to watch. We appreciate the entertainment value of your decision.
Norm -- not Norment

San Antonio, TX

#7 Apr 29, 2009
I wonder if she files suit when she loses. You know, she'll shout "defamation of character" for the actions she refuses to be held accountable for.
witch hunt

United States

#8 Apr 29, 2009
It will be very interesting to see how this turns out.
ROFLMAO

Urbanna, VA

#9 Apr 29, 2009
What a hoot!!! I really thought she had somewhat of a clue and would have the good sense to bow out.
Retired Too

Heathsville, VA

#10 Apr 29, 2009
Let me see if I can get this straight.
Our present supervisor sued her employer, then brought in a bunch of high priced lawyers that are going to cost the county some 80K, and about 40 voters some 2K each and now want to run for reelection.
There something here that i don't understand? Does she have that kind of support in the county?
get rid of them all

United States

#11 Apr 29, 2009
Lets not forget she is only 1 of 5 not 4 that need to go!!!!!!
Just Me

Gloucester, VA

#12 Apr 29, 2009
Jimmy P wrote:
This will be fun to watch. We appreciate the entertainment value of your decision.
Jimmy P, I'd say she is a "glutton for punishment"
lets dance

Hayes, VA

#13 Apr 29, 2009
Yeah good luck with that
brother

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Apr 29, 2009
She sued the school system as well, Never did know how much she won or the out come of that..
Anonymous

Newport News, VA

#15 Apr 29, 2009
LOL at the comments of moving into Gloucester from other localities just to vote...as far as support, any "mafia" members in the forum going to voice support?
AWF

Hayes, VA

#16 Apr 29, 2009
The problem is that the entire county can't vote against her as she only represents one section of Gloucester. Do we really know how her constituents feel about her? I for one am upset that I can't vote against her.
Just Me

Gloucester, VA

#17 Apr 29, 2009
AWF wrote:
The problem is that the entire county can't vote against her as she only represents one section of Gloucester. Do we really know how her constituents feel about her? I for one am upset that I can't vote against her.
York District is ready,willing and able to get rid of her. We are just waiting for November, to cast our votes for Carter Borden. November can't come soon enough.
Barry Wilson

Williamsburg, VA

#18 Apr 29, 2009
Helps show her amazing level of cluelessness.
ROFLMAO

United States

#19 Apr 29, 2009
AWF wrote:
Well, if there are constituents in her district who still support her...why are they not commenting here? I mean other than the usual knuckleheads that are obviously her family members and friend.

Maybe these constituents are...confined...and only allowed a few minutes of free time during the day so haven't had a chance to voice their support here yet!
Gloucester

United States

#20 Apr 29, 2009
Her arrogance is astounding! Thankfully we’ll be able to vote her out and bring her back to reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump and Transgender Student Rights - An Early... Nov 29 meh plus 1
News Reader: Schools should wait for Supreme Court, ... Nov 29 meh plus 4
News Supreme Court has not decided if it will hear G... Nov 29 meh plus 8
News News 2 mins ago 5:21 p.m.Gloucester board of su... Sep '16 meh 1
Applebees bar tonight 8/22/16 Aug '16 BlueskysBlueeyes 1
News Investigators seize moonshine still in Gloucester Aug '16 meh 2
News Deputies search for suspect who decapitated dog... Aug '16 meh 5
More from around the web