Lawsuits against Gloucester's commonwealth's attorney proceed in Richmond

Apr 8, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

A judge refused Thursday to dismiss four lawsuits filed by three members of the Gloucester County Board of Supervisors and a former supervisor, who say Commonwealth's Attorney Robert D. Hicks defamed them.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Aug 25, 2010
Carl Weaver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

Gloucester 40, this is what happens when you pick and choose who you want to place on a petition for removal and who you don't. Someday you will figure out the forces that have been working against you all along. I disagree with this Judge. At a minimum there should of been a Trial in Gloucester on the facts. Unfortunately this Judge took the easy way out.
Cym

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

Jeez, so I'm giving Mr. Sabo 60% credit on the truth on this article. That's a dramatic improvement. At least he represnts the supervisor's side without giving a distinctly biased opinion. The only error I find is the statement that 'The Judge refused.....' should have been worded that 'The judge allowed....' and the subsequent logic corrected. Compliments to ya on the quotes being used as foundation for the argument. An improvement Matt, guess you went church this week and finally listened to the sermon. Does the truth hurt you so much that you have a hard time printing it?
another thought

Hayes, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

This case will be going to Court, Hmm, the charges against the for did not, neither did the petitions, because the charges didn't follow LAW. Did a small group bear false witness, to get the ball rolling on the Charges Against the Fab 4? Or is the Gloucester court System that allowed any of this to move forward corrupt?
Citizen

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

His statements where mere opinions. The Gloucester 4 need to get over themselves and admit they lost.
Moe rons post from hayes

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

no BLDR wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt,like the rest of us, could care less what you think.
You need to change your isp, could get your iq up to 20 by that one change......
Sketcher

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

Moe rons post from hayes wrote:
<quoted text>You need to change your isp, could get your iq up to 20 by that one change......
And the residents of Clay Bank Rd. could add 160 to their collective IQ if you made a change too.
Moe rons post from hayes

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

Sketcher wrote:
<quoted text>And the residents of Clay Bank Rd. could add 160 to their collective IQ if you made a change too.
ALRIGHT! A NEW PISSING CONTEST! LET'S RUMBLE!!!!!!!!
springtime

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

When Hicks goes to court, won't he have to bring up, to defend himself, things that were said in the grand jury testimony? what he said was his opinion. OPINION.
Will this drama never end?
Moe rons post from hayes

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

springtime wrote:
When Hicks goes to court, won't he have to bring up, to defend himself, things that were said in the grand jury testimony? what he said was his opinion. OPINION.
Will this drama never end?
Hicksville did not represent himself as a citizen with an opinion. He presented himself as the commonwealth's attorney. That made it wrong. Then he proceeded on a path to destroy innocent people's careers. His slimy little butt ought to be paying for half this mess, sabo and the daily press for the other half.
Sketcher

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

<quoted text>ALRIGHT! A NEW PISSING CONTEST! LET'S RUMBLE!!!!!!!!
That would be difficult since only one of us knows who the other is.
Moe rons post from hayes

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

Sketcher wrote:
<quoted text>That would be difficult since only one of us knows who the other is.
Who cares? You're instigating a spam battle.......i'm replying that i'll play along.
springtime

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

<quoted text>Hicksville did not represent himself as a citizen with an opinion. He presented himself as the commonwealth's attorney. That made it wrong. Then he proceeded on a path to destroy innocent people's careers. His slimy little butt ought to be paying for half this mess, sabo and the daily press for the other half.
Wrong in whose book? Who was innocent? Innocent of what?
Why should the paper and the reporter pay? for reporting the news?
Seems to me that if you don't want it on the front page, don't do it or say it. Sound like safe words to live by if you are going to be in politics.
Spreading Sunshine

Hayes, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

springtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong in whose book? Who was innocent? Innocent of what?
Why should the paper and the reporter pay? for reporting the news?
Seems to me that if you don't want it on the front page, don't do it or say it. Sound like safe words to live by if you are going to be in politics.
No personal political ambitions here. Just causes, and those are either right or wrong. And if you want to put it on the front page, then you do it. I dare ya. I double dare ya. I triple dare ya. Will even give ya a very personal face to face interview with the end of a 12 gauge, want to print that? More if you ask nicely.
The reporter was wrong to only print half the story and lead the less educated public to the 'wrong' conclusion. The editor supported it with the position that he would use the paper in any way he could, right or wrong, to get the BOS out of office. Now that's objective reporting! That's why they should pay.
The nitwit attorney seemed to want revenge, and acted accordingly, and probably illegally. He incited the people and led them to falsely believe that they had a legal foot to stand on. That's why he should pay. He's already not ever getting a judgeship, that's been taken care of.
Want a piece of me? Come and get it you moron. Just try and threaten me, and see which direction the bullet flies. Just make sure it's who you actually think it is..........
Sketcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Spreading Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I dare ya. I double dare ya. I triple dare ya. Will even give ya a very personal face to face interview with the end of a 12 gauge, want to print that? More if you ask nicely.
In layman's terms, that is a special kind of crazy.
Cym

Hayes, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

Sketcher wrote:
<quoted text>In layman's terms, that is a special kind of crazy.
In my opinion, it looks like you were asking for special attention. And got it. Wish you luck with that!
CBXOG

Hayes, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Judged:

Cym wrote:
<quoted text>In my opinion, it looks like you were asking for special attention. And got it. Wish you luck with that!
Hahahaha remember when the Judge told you to get the public record because you were not getting any special treatment Bill? Nobody likes you please leave.
alisa

Hayes, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Judged:

hey Bill were you asking for special attention when you were waving the gun at that poor man on his porch? Looks like you got it!
Who Is This

Colonial Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Judged:

Spreading Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>No personal political ambitions here. Just causes, and those are either right or wrong. And if you want to put it on the front page, then you do it. I dare ya. I double dare ya. I triple dare ya. Will even give ya a very personal face to face interview with the end of a 12 gauge, want to print that? More if you ask nicely.
The reporter was wrong to only print half the story and lead the less educated public to the 'wrong' conclusion. The editor supported it with the position that he would use the paper in any way he could, right or wrong, to get the BOS out of office. Now that's objective reporting! That's why they should pay.
The nitwit attorney seemed to want revenge, and acted accordingly, and probably illegally. He incited the people and led them to falsely believe that they had a legal foot to stand on. That's why he should pay. He's already not ever getting a judgeship, that's been taken care of.

Want a piece of me? Come and get it you moron. Just try and threaten me, and see which direction the bullet flies. Just make sure it's who you actually think it is..........
This would be an interesting post to trace.
Think about it

Smithfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Judged:

Its bill. He switches personalities on here to give the illusion of a majority. He's nothing more than a pitiful moron. But you're right, sounds like a threat and it could be another nail in his coffin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••