Gloucester County budget set for approval

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

The county Board of Supervisors is expected tonight to adopt the spending plan, which keeps property taxes flat but cuts education funding, eliminates a handful of jobs, and includes a hefty utility tax increase.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Cant You See

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Judged:

So instead of spreading this financial conundrum equally among all county residents, those with septic and well systems get to sit this one out. Great plan Stupervisors! And what’s with the statement the average monthly bill will only go up from $50.27 to $67.87. Ask any family of 5 or 6 if their water bill is only 50 bucks. This will easily be a $70+ monthly tax increase for many. Now some are going to respond back by saying the County is only eliminating the part they were supplementing. The only reason they were supplementing water and sewer rates was to keep them financially in-line with surrounding counties. So the next question should be why are our rates higher than surrounding counties? The answer is because we still have too many of our residents on septic and well service, thus the cost per person for county services must be higher. I wonder if our local well drillers’ phones are ringing off the hook yet? A $70 a month increase is sure making drilling a well a financial smart move. OH WAIT!! That’s just going to lessen the user per county services ratio! I guess we shouldn't worry for our Stupervisors have surely thought this all out.
Tauren Shaman

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Conservatives make me sick...
Conservative

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Tauren Shaman wrote:
Maybe if you get sick enough you and the other liberals will just die off? That would do us a favor.

I have never seen a liberal that didn't have grand plans and ideas on how to spend others money and force them to behave the way they want.

Liberals are the single most threat to our nation. We need to neutralize them before they destroy us.
Tauren Shaman

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Judged:

Wishing death upon someone? That doesnt sound much like a bible totin conservative to me...
Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you get sick enough you and the other liberals will just die off? That would do us a favor.
I have never seen a liberal that didn't have grand plans and ideas on how to spend others money and force them to behave the way they want.
Liberals are the single most threat to our nation. We need to neutralize them before they destroy us.
RU kidding me

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Tauren Shaman wrote:
Wishing death upon someone? That doesnt sound much like a bible totin conservative to me...
<quoted text>
Actually, it does. Ever read the bible? Full of violence and carnage...eye for an eye and all that pleasant crap.
lets dance

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Judged:

You sound like a douche to me...
Tauren Shaman wrote:
Big John

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Liberals- always looking for a handout or something free. Then if they dont get it - they slap you with some bogus ACLU lawsuit claiming "my rights were violated". Liberalism is a mental disorder.
On a lighter note- Kudos to Nicki Champion for really giving a great effort in formulating the county budget.
Tauren Shaman

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

I've never asked for a handout, and never will. I just like going around and acting like a **** because thats the mature thing to do...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••