Gloucester schools see local funding ...

Gloucester schools see local funding drop slightly in proposed budget

There are 5 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Mar 3, 2010, titled Gloucester schools see local funding drop slightly in proposed budget. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Funding from Gloucester County to public schools would decrease slightly under a proposed $97 million budget.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Ron

United States

#1 Mar 6, 2010
stop paying teachers and staff 70.00-135.000 a year. Just what the hell dose a teacher do that is that damn hard. 40.000 would be about a good pay. Its not like they work outside when it is hot or cold they get cold the turn up the heat. an cut the football team they suck
Cym

Gloucester, VA

#2 Mar 6, 2010
my bet would be that the football team generates more income than they consume.....even if they loose...
Happy Hour

Gloucester, VA

#3 Mar 25, 2010
Pay the darn teachers more!
Happy Hour

Gloucester, VA

#4 Apr 1, 2010
Happy Hour wrote:
Pay the darn teachers more!
Hell, we're only paying half the taxes we should be paying!
Don-in-Gloc

Hayes, VA

#5 Apr 1, 2010
I wonder how many people, who continually proclaim that we are not paying enough taxes, take advantage of their constitutional right to stroke a check above and beyond what they owe to the government. I would bet VERY FEW.

PS #1 I would think your English teacher needs a pay cut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court Orders Virginia School Board to Let Trans... Jun 25 Sneaky Pete 2
News U.S. court denies motion to reconsider transgen... Jun 1 Gay Peace on Earth 6
News Transgender teen wins bathroom case May '16 Time again 4
News ACLU: Gloucester transgender lawsuit comes at c... Jan '16 meh 2
News Renovations will transform former Gloucester se... Jan '16 meh 6
News Body found in ditch along Gloucester County hig... Jan '16 tRUMP SUPPORTER 1
News Community wants to make mobility a reality for ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 meh 1
More from around the web