Va. justices asked to hear Gloucester...

Va. justices asked to hear Gloucester case

There are 9 comments on the WTOP story from Mar 27, 2010, titled Va. justices asked to hear Gloucester case. In it, WTOP reports that:

Forty Gloucester County citizens are asking the Virginia Supreme Court to hear their appeal of a judge's decision to fine them $2,000 apiece for trying to remove four county supervisors from office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOP.

too funny

Gloucester, VA

#1 Mar 29, 2010
"I've never seen the judicial system abused so much for purely political ends," Parker said in his ruling. "This should not happen in America."

The residents claim they were merely exercising their constitutional right to petition the government for redress of their grievances, but lawyers for the supervisors said the law required petitioners to act in good faith and demonstrate a factual basis for their complaint.
Happy Hour

Gloucester, VA

#2 Mar 29, 2010
too funny wrote:
"I've never seen the judicial system abused so much for purely political ends," Parker said in his ruling. "This should not happen in America."
The residents claim they were merely exercising their constitutional right to petition the government for redress of their grievances, but lawyers for the supervisors said the law required petitioners to act in good faith and demonstrate a factual basis for their complaint.
Wonder if they hired a 'real' lawyer this time? My bet is that they got some 'free' civil rights attorney who doesn't know the difference between his pubic hair and his nose hair. They prob'ly will submit the newspaper articles as their evidence. Gosh, wouldn't it be fun to see how many people named 'bubba' will be in the audience? It will be one big family reunion!
Happy Hour

Gloucester, VA

#3 Mar 29, 2010
The gathering will give new meaning to the idiomatic expression 'kissing cousins'.
Happy Hour

United States

#4 Mar 29, 2010
Dodson, use your own screen name ok?(I did not make either of the posts above)
Cym

Suffolk, VA

#5 Mar 30, 2010
Happy Hour wrote:
Dodson, use your own screen name ok?(I did not make either of the posts above)
Amazing how people jump to conclusions. Kind of a common theme on the forums? You people just say what you want and don't get facts (like I do) to back yourself. Just amazing.
Don-in-Gloc

Hayes, VA

#6 Mar 30, 2010
#2 It appears, with today's decision, the petitioners have a 'real' lawyer who knows what he is talking about when he submits an appeal.
Cym

Suffolk, VA

#7 Mar 30, 2010
Don-in-Gloc wrote:
#2 It appears, with today's decision, the petitioners have a 'real' lawyer who knows what he is talking about when he submits an appeal.
Isn't today orals?
Don-in-Gloc

Hayes, VA

#8 Mar 30, 2010
Cym wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't today orals?
See Matt's link. Whether you belive it or not is in the eyes of the beholder.

http://weblogs.dailypress.com/news/local/brea...
Cym

Gloucester, VA

#9 Mar 30, 2010
Don-in-Gloc wrote:
<quoted text>
See Matt's link. Whether you belive it or not is in the eyes of the beholder.
http://weblogs.dailypress.com/news/local/brea...
I know 2 matt's, one's a liar and one i wouldn't trust with dirty underwear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gloucester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The first 100 days in LGBT rights Jul '17 meh plus 3
News Justice Department Honors Gavin Grimm Despite F... Jul '17 meh plus 1
News Crime 22 mins ago 11:57 a.m.8 arrested, 1 at la... Jun '17 Heroinkills 2
News Stafford High transgender senior speaks out on ... (Dec '16) Apr '17 sara69 2
News Man sentenced to 5 years for soliciting Glouces... (Feb '17) Feb '17 meh plus 1
News 4 juvenile suspects identified in vandalized Ch... (Dec '16) Dec '16 meh plus 1
News Trump and Transgender Student Rights - An Early... (Nov '16) Nov '16 meh plus 1
More from around the web